[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, mboy said:

I can boot Ventura OS on my build using OpenCore package compiled on June 7 (DBG-082-2022-06-07) with AvoidRuntimeDefrag=NO.  When I use today's build of OpenCore the drive does not boot when selected in the F12 bootloader. What can cause this?

Hi - It would help members to possibly come to your aid if you furnish your profile with your specs or give some sort of semblance, because as of now there is no clue as to what you're trying to install Ventura on, believe me it helps greatly. Cheers.

• Like 3

Query - How come no one (that I have seen) has mentioned one of the coolest features in Ventura? I think it is a no brainer and an added vantage when multi-tasking. Hopefully the members with successful installs will benefit from this new feature.

Spoiler

598072994_ScreenShot2022-06-16at19_35_40.thumb.png.d9859c44d1da37331ade315f449d2f82.png

• Like 4

@eSaF

Oh I thought it was common knowledge!

another great feature is being able to use your iPhone as a webcam. I haven’t tested it yet but this capability is awesome specially with iPhone pro and pro max with 3 cameras.

look it up

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Query - How come no one (that I have seen) has mentioned one of the coolest features in Ventura? I think it is a no brainer and an added vantage when multi-tasking. Hopefully the members with successful installs will benefit from this new feature.

Hide contents

598072994_ScreenShot2022-06-16at19_35_40.thumb.png.d9859c44d1da37331ade315f449d2f82.png

Lol, i can my post somewhere 🤔😂, now imma go try one last shot at ventura 

• Haha 3

Guest 5T33Z0
26 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@eSaF

Oh I thought it was common knowledge!

another great feature is the being able to use your iPhone as a webcam. I haven’t tested it yet but this capability is awesome specially with iPhone pro and pro max with 3 cameras.

look it up

I have done this with a Jailbroken iPhone 1 in 2009 :D

43 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hide contents

Are you referring to the tiles on the left? That's where I have my dock.

Hi, does anyone have an RX6600 along with Alder Lake running in Ventura?

I have quite a few problems in Ventura with a Sapphire RX6600, most of the time when loading the desktop it gives a black screen or the computer restarts 😪

Thank you very much

46 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Are you referring to the tiles on the left? That's where I have my dock

Yea, I am more of a boring traditionalist, my dock is at the bottom and the tiles to the left. I agree the idea to use ones iPhone in that way is awesome, beats my cheapo Logitech webcam any day.

• Like 2

The amazing part of using the iPhone pros as webcam is the desk view, there are three cameras on those iPhones one of which is a wide camera which captures the desk and the other two captures the person and the surroundings.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The amazing part of using the iPhone pros as webcam is the desk view, there are three cameras on those iPhones one of which is a wide camera which captures the desk and the other two captures the person and the surroundings.

I agree it is amazing but I don't know about revealing too much of my surroundings. :lol:

Too be honest I am pretty stoked about the new features in Ventura and hopefully others in the coming Betas. A few days ago when I was struggling to install it, I thought it was all horse $hit of a version but now my prospective is like how excited I was in achieving to install Snow Leopard all those years ago.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest 5T33Z0
20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yea, I am more of a boring traditionalist, my dock is at the bottom and the tiles to the left. […]

Once you go left, you never go back (no political statement) ;)

2 hours ago, jackgugo1966 said:

i ve got my z390 elite working with maldon efi but the time always give me problems with olarilas efi . can you share your efi please ? thanks in advance

Hi - If I may offer some perspective. Are you talking about being able to keep correct Time using @MaLd0n Z390 EFI? if that is your query, you need to alter this setting in the config.plist Kernel/DisableRtcChecksum just like the attached, our Z390 doesn't need this Setting as it causes the BIOS Clock to glitch out. There is a possibility you'll need to reset your BIOS as having this setting Disabled  tends to glitch out the Time on GA-Z390 Motherboards and most noticeable when dual-booting OS X and Windows.

The easiest way to tell if the BIOS Clock is functioning as should, boot into the BIOS and look at the Seconds in Time it should be counting up and not static. To get this started again, you'll need to turn the machine off completely, remove the power cable then press the on Button for approx: 30 Seconds or short-out the CMOS Jumper, or remove the Battery for the same length of time.

On replacing the Battery and power Cable, switch the machine on, you'll be greeted with a BIOS Reset message you'll need to setup the BIOS again to run OS X. On doing so the machine will reboot a few times with the reset and the BIOS Clock Seconds will be counting up as it should be which will solve the Time problem. Sorry this is a bit of long winded method but it works. Good luck.

PS - I have the same board as @miliuco if you want to try my EFI Folder, it is attached also.

Spoiler

391578062_ScreenShot2022-06-17at08_32_54.thumb.png.86c524408bf774fa23f7836266d0a051.png572742045_ScreenShot2022-06-17at08_34_06.thumb.png.d617aca0aa5af9d0af408d04321b0c72.png

EFI.zip

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@PoMpIs I think @miliuco has a Guide for the RX 6600

We are talking about it in the Spanish forum. This guy has a 6600 with a peculiar VBIOS and he is having problems in Ventura, most of us who have RX 6600 we do not have those problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

We are talking about it in the Spanish forum. This guy has a 6600 with a peculiar VBIOS and he is having problems in Ventura, most of us who have RX 6600 we do not have those problems.

Yes, I don't know why but this RX6600 doesn't want to start at random, it does sometimes, and when that happens everything works...

But I have tried it in two other Hacks and the same thing happens with ventura..

It's a Sapphire... Which one do you have?

I ask you now a few things in the Spanish subforum ;)

34 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Yes, I don't know why but this RX6600 doesn't want to start at random, it does sometimes, and when that happens everything works...

But I have tried it in two other Hacks and the same thing happens with ventura..

It's a Sapphire... Which one do you have?

I ask you now a few things in the Spanish subforum ;)

Why don't you try another firmware from a card who prove the work with mackintosh?

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=AMD&manufacturer=&model=RX+6600&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Why don't you try another firmware from a card who prove the work with mackintosh?

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=AMD&manufacturer=&model=RX+6600&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

Of course, I'm already trying... the one that works best is a reference AMD card bios 

anyway, an SPI programmer is needed to be able to change the bios of these GPUs, don't try it with amdvbflash or atiflash from windows