[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

... It's a Sapphire... Which one do you have?...

Mine is Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6600 but in my PC it's working good in Ventura as in Monterey with only agdpmod=pikera. I have a XFX Speedster QICK 308 AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT in the other hack and it's also working very well, no problem.

Both of them are running on macOS with SoftPowerPlaytable generated in Windows so the fans are always spinning (very low noise) and temps are good.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Mine is Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6600 but in my PC it's working good in Ventura as in Monterey with only agdpmod=pikera. I have a XFX Speedster QICK 308 AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT in the other hack and it's also working very well, no problem.

Both of them are running on macOS with SoftPowerPlaytable generated in Windows so the fans are always spinning (very low noise) and temps are good.

Have you tried reconnecting the cable to a different DP on 6600xt?

and the last question - do you have an error in ioregimage.thumb.png.098bc56ab0dc857b7e86654e7af3411e.png

Edited by viorel

uhm my wife's rig Z390+6600XT with MacPro7,1 start good without weg...all ok but...only start if she inject ATY,Henbury in OC...btw, without ATY,henbury only start with iMac19,1 (Ventura...) ...the strange fact:

Monterey smbios iMac19,1 with weg + agdpmod (w/o inject , recognized as AMDRadeonFramebuffer) -> geekbench metal score about 87/88000

Monterey smbios iMac19,1 with weg + agdpmod WITH ATY,Henbury injected -> geekbench metal score about 60/62000

Monterey smbios MacPro7,1 w/o weg WITH ATY,Henbury injected -> geekbench metal score about 62/63000

Monterey smbios MacPro7,1 w/o weg (w/o inject , recognized as AMDRadeonFramebuffer) -> geekbench metal score about 90/91000

Ventura smbios iMac19,1 with weg + agdpmod WITH ATY,Henbury -> geekbench metal score about 60/62000

Ventura smbios iMac19,1 with weg + agdpmod (w/o inject , recognized as AMDRadeonFramebuffer) -> geekbench metal score about 80/82000

Ventura smbios MacPro7,1 w/(or w/o, same) weg + agdpmod WITH ATY,Henbury -> geekbench metal score about 50/52000

Ventura smbios MacPro7,1 w/o weg W/O ATY,Henbury -> black screen / no boot

XFX RX 6600 XT SWFT 210... 

Too strange...

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Like 4

I've already managed to get the RX6600 to work in Ventura, everything works... TV app, Netflix in Safari, Amazon Prime video app... Decoder, Encoder... nice

97LA6xP.png

@viorel  I do not have any error in the GPU:

SaDZOCK.png

xjn0C1Z.png

kigt9ds.png

@ilcondannato 

The same thing happens to me in my Alder Lake, if I don't use Henbury it won't start the RX6600....

I have tried SMBios iMAC20,2 and it works but I lose the USBs... also my board has 4 internal Asmedia 107x hubs and they are killing me adjusting them in Ventura, it is almost impossible, they make the computer turn off if I use an SSDT-USB, or USBMap before loading the Ventura graphical environment :( .... 

All this is very strange, because if I put the RX6650XT all my problems disappear... 

• Like 4

The strange Is ...if She start Ventura with imac19,1 smbios, all work great without injecting ...but She loose drm 😕 and then break my balls 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

The strange Is ...if She start Ventura with imac19,1 smbios, all work great without injecting ...but She loose drm 😕 and then break my balls 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Of course, 

The same thing happens to me, very frustrating...

But the magic is that if I put the RX6650XT the USBs no longer fail me or anything, I can use the same EFI for Monterey and Ventura...

Because in Monterey I don't have any problem with my USBMap.kext, it works great as long as I use the 6650xt if I use the RX6600 it already starts to shut down randomly on PC when the graphical environment should be loaded... this is probably an incompatibility of my Asus B660 with these GPUs that are PCIe x8...

Because something like that has already done it to me once loading windows too... 😅

• Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0

FYI: OCAT now supports updating kexts to latest nightly builds as well, so no more manual updating is required:

174356473-e35e2625-0286-40d7-94c3-1e4d9e

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

FYI: OCAT now supports updating kexts to latest nightly builds as well, so no more manual updating is required:

174356473-e35e2625-0286-40d7-94c3-1e4d9e

This beautiful software corrupt many of my config... 4 me Is only {censored}

Guest 5T33Z0
55 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

This beautiful software corrupt many of my config... 4 me Is only {censored}

Then you're doing something wrong. I've been using it daily on 2 systems for more than a year.

Anyone managed to get sleep working properly on Ventura. Mine turns off display and shuts down PC but starts up again within a second or 2. I ran this in Terminal to see what is causing the issue and it looks like the usb 2.0 hub. Attached is the text file 

pmset -g log | tail -300 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt

sleeplog.txt

1 minute ago, anerik70 said:

Already tried this but didn’t work on my machine, I need to retry it

1 minute ago, SchlachtbankHS said:

Already tried this but didn’t work on my machine, I need to retry it

XFX Radeon RX570 8GB is the problem!  

I did this:

1. Boot with the EFI I use for Monterrey. Run de installer from macOS Monterrey (I created a partition for ventura).

2. System reboot (change to ventura EFI what I send you in the last reply) and continue the installer. When the partition name change and recovery macOS 13 appears, reboot again with the Monterrey's EFI and enter to recovery macOS 12.

3. Change the os.dmg as the MacRumors guide explain.

4. Reboot with the ventura EFI and let the installer finish (it finish in black screen when config window should appears. It is because your rx570). At this point ventura is installed but no graphics usable.

5. Change my rx470 for a non Polaris card and boot ventura (there is video And the config windows appears).

6. Finish the config.

• Confused 1

@surenmunoo 

It seemed to me that someone with Alder Lake and these problems did not appear...

The USBs of my B660 in Ventura are crazy, they restart my computer before reaching the desktop, it loads the desktop one of 10 times.... and the USBs go crazy, yes when the PC shuts down trying to boot in ventura and it doesn't get it, if later I start Monterey it does the same thing twice until the USBs are reset...

I have created a USBMap.kext by turning off many USBs and when I get it to load the desktop everything works, including sleep..

The bad thing about my B660 board is that it doesn't have many USBs, it has 4 internal Asmedia 107x hubs that make MacOS Ventura go crazy, and I think there's no solution...

zcUEZep.png

even Monterey works fine...

That happens only with the RX6600... if I use a RX6650XT XFX those problems disappear, but I lose the DRM (no appTV, no Netflix in safari)

@viorel 

I don't have hot plug

But they all work if I turn on the computer connected to that DP

HDMI yes it has hot plug

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anerik70 said:

XFX Radeon RX570 8GB is the problem!  

I did this:

1. Boot with the EFI I use for Monterrey. Run de installer from macOS Monterrey (I created a partition for ventura).

2. System reboot (change to ventura EFI what I send you in the last reply) and continue the installer. When the partition name change and recovery macOS 13 appears, reboot again with the Monterrey's EFI and enter to recovery macOS 12.

3. Change the os.dmg as the MacRumors guide explain.

4. Reboot with the ventura EFI and let the installer finish (it finish in black screen when config window should appears. It is because your rx570). At this point ventura is installed but no graphics usable.

5. Change my rx470 for a non Polaris card and boot ventura (there is video And the config windows appears).

6. Finish the config.

My problem isn’t a black screen, it suddenly reboots during boot without any kind of error or kernel panic

5 minutes ago, SchlachtbankHS said:

My problem isn’t a black screen, it suddenly reboots during boot without any kind of error or kernel panic

My 12400F does the same thing, in my case it seems related to USBs, the USBMap.kext that I have in monterey doesn't work for me :( 

Edited by PoMpIs

Just now, PoMpIs said:

My 12400F does the same thing, in my case it seems related to USBs, the USBMap.kext that I have in monterey doesn't work for me :(  and the RX6600...

I thought so, but even with usbinjectall I have the same issue

2 minutes ago, SchlachtbankHS said:

I thought so, but even with usbinjectall I have the same issue

I have had to use usbInjectall and XHCI-unsupported, and XhciPortLimit enable

Edited by PoMpIs