OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,751 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, obus said:

Hi @Andrey1970

Need "_xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs_PMhart".and FakeCPUID 0x0506E4 to boot my rig with working XCPM.

Now booting with "xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha" but with no PM.

Is there a way to inject FakeCPUID?

You can inject your fakeid through a kernel patch, see here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c#l418

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Hi @Andrey1970, referring to this:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/cpu.c#l1310

My CPU is Intel Core i3-2330M (SandyBridge) = 0x903.

Is this correct if using Integer (Number) on config.plist - PlatformInfo - SMBIOS (?) It's just cosmetic for sure.

<key>ProcessorType</key>
<integer>2307</integer>

Thanks.

Set 0, ProcessorType will be added automatically.

<key>ProcessorType</key>
<integer>0</integer>
Edited by Andrey1970
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Set 0, ProcessorType will be added automatically.

<key>ProcessorType</key>
<integer></integer>

I previously was using "0", and got "Unknown". No different with "2307". Yeah, SMBios used by my laptop is "MacBookPro10,1".. the real one uses Core i5 IvyBridge actually, but this is the closest one to my laptop specs for compatibilities (especially Nvidia GFX). Not really sure bcoz of this, will try another SMBIOS'es. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

I previously was using "0", and got "Unknown". No different with "2307". Yeah, SMBios used by my laptop is "MacBookPro10,1".. the real one uses Core i5 IvyBridge actually, but this is the closest one to my laptop specs for compatibilities (especially Nvidia GFX). Not really sure bcoz of this, will try another SMBIOS'es. Thanks.

Not <integer></integer>

Set <integer>0</integer>

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

is it something similar to this clover kernel patch?

1402488325_ScreenShot2019-04-28at6_03_41PM.png.164f873b52481619235c4ede34c33abb.png

thank you for previous link

@obus,

No, this is a different patch. The link I gave explains that it is replacing the cpuid fetched cpuid with the fake id. That patch is changing the cpuid information for xcpm because the cpu is unsupported, yours should be supported if you never used that patch before and had xcpm. That patch is more useful for cpus that don't support features of their closest supported model. If you have a cpu that just needs to be recognized as that other model use the method from the link.

6 minutes ago, Hackmac101 said:

They were asking if they were equivalent patches, not how to perform the patches but I'm sure they will find that useful too.

EDIT: Accidentally quoted the wrong person and can't quote in an edit.... lol

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

now @obus have to find exact find/replace location combination to insert it in OC config.plist kernel section ;)

Thank you @apianti for your explanation and link

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Log.

nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-log | awk '{gsub(/%0d%0a%00/,"");gsub(/%0d%0a/,"\n")}1'

nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-log': (iokit/common) data was not found

5 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Working hardware nvram is necessary.

Hmmb, I believe NVRAM is working as I could write & load `sudo nvram [value]` from it.

Is it complicated with installed Clover rc.script, do I need to remove it first?

5 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Emulation nvram is not supported.

Is this due to my UEFI 2.0 Firmware limitation that nvram emulation is, not natively supported (though, vars are loaded)?

7 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Enable logging to Data Hub.

Target 23

Log.

ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree | grep boot-log | sort | sed 's/.*<\(.*\)>.*/\1/' | xxd -r -p

Are you referring to this?

<key>Debug</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Target</key>
		<integer>23</integer>
	</dict>

Uhmmb, do I need using OpenCore.efi debug version for this? Guessing, I need to learn lot of things from Configuration.pdf, I believe I missed those explanations. Thanks anyway. :)

Edited by Badruzeus

18 hours ago, uglyJoe said:

I did an update from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 and the BootPicker was hiding the macOS entry during the process.

Only 'Install macOS' and Recovery was shown and direct after the reboots, there where some debug output like 'Start LoadRamDisk' that was blowing away my apple-logo, progress bar was still there.

I don't use verbose and with a normal boot there are no such messages. 

Now I got this debug messages at every boot. They appear at the first stage and before the Mac OS GPU driver kicks in.

For testing I disabled everything I found in the config about logging, debug=0, target=0 etc... but the messages are still there...

5 hours ago, uglyJoe said:

Now I got this debug messages at every boot. They appear at the first stage and before the Mac OS GPU driver kicks in.

For testing I disabled everything I found in the config about logging, debug=0, target=0 etc... but the messages are still there...

Look at first page of this topic. I post some options to remove screen debug.

Fred

• Thanks 1