OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,745 posts in this topic

This looks like a good start guys, very interested in where this will go. I have a question though, the boot strap for an application why does it not boot strap itself if the driver is not found instead of an error?

• Like 1

Runs fine on my ZBoxNano :star_smile:

While playing around, I tried loading OC from refind and in general it's working.

This means refind is detecting OpenCore.efi and after selecting - the bootpicker appears and I can select macOS or Recovery.

But I can't start macOS or Recovery from the refind gui.

If I put BootX64.efi into refind/drivers, the bootpicker appears directly after loading and I didn't get to the refind gui. 

Enabling/Disabling BootPicker and/or Timeout didn't change anything at this behavior. 

Is there a possibility to load OpenCore 'in the background' like with Ozmosis?

my Z97 and Z370 start with OC, only problems, SSDT does not seem to be loaded completely correctly. Excuse me if I speak little, but I don't speak English, I use translators, and it's not always easy to understand each other.

mia Z97 e Z370 si avviano con OC, unici problemi, SSDT sembra non vengano caricati del tutto correttamente.
Scusatemi se intervengo poco, ma non parlo inglese, mi avvalgo dei traslatori, e non sempre è facile capirsi

42 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

my Z97 and Z370 start with OC, only problems, SSDT does not seem to be loaded completely correctly. Excuse me if I speak little, but I don't speak English, I use translators, and it's not always easy to understand each other.

mia Z97 e Z370 si avviano con OC, unici problemi, SSDT sembra non vengano caricati del tutto correttamente.
Scusatemi se intervengo poco, ma non parlo inglese, mi avvalgo dei traslatori, e non sempre è facile capirsi

can you post your config please for z97

Edited by errorexists

All is working good, this is probably better than clover, just 2 things i want to ask, 1st is i use a 2k monitor and the boot seems to sit at low resolution and 2nd at the picker screen i have to press "2" to boot otherwise it defaults to 1. "EFI" and hangs.

Ok this will i hope be short:

First off For me it would not work no matter what unless all drives where removed until i figured out why The image below i turned on a pure uefi setting and OpenCore Worked perfect even my RX 570 4GB workedimage0.jpg?width=760&height=570

My network stil works OOB 

My audio Works OOB 

My gpu WorkS OOB 

it was a fun go Thanks for all the help

sometime in my rig I loose internal audio and others audio feature (internal speakers, line out,mic, digital output and so on) only DP port audio is working in this condition

With a simple reboot all audio works fine again

how to debug this?

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, MacFriedIntel said:

All is working good, this is probably better than clover, just 2 things i want to ask, 1st is i use a 2k monitor and the boot seems to sit at low resolution and 2nd at the picker screen i have to press "2" to boot otherwise it defaults to 1. "EFI" and hangs.

Try HideSelf=True to hide the EFI entry.

2K is ok with my Dell Display.

<key>Boot</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ConsoleMode</key>
			<string></string>
			<key>HideSelf</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ReinstallProtocol</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Resolution</key>
			<string></string>
			<key>ShowPicker</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Timeout</key>
			<integer>5</integer>
		</dict>

35 minutes ago, uglyJoe said:

Try HideSelf=True to hide the EFI entry.

2K is ok with my Dell Display.

<key>Boot</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ConsoleMode</key>
			<string></string>
			<key>HideSelf</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ReinstallProtocol</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Resolution</key>
			<string></string>
			<key>ShowPicker</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Timeout</key>
			<integer>5</integer>
		</dict>

this is already set to YES

Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 10.31.56.png

@MacFriedIntel

strange, for me this option is hiding the EFI entry.

Are there any other boot-loaders installed to your ESP?

@vit9696

I did an update from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 and the BootPicker was hiding the macOS entry during the process.

Only 'Install macOS' and Recovery was shown and direct after the reboots, there where some debug output like 'Start LoadRamDisk' that was blowing away my apple-logo, progress bar was still there.

I don't use verbose and with a normal boot there are no such messages. 

46 minutes ago, uglyJoe said:

@MacFriedIntel

strange, for me this option is hiding the EFI entry.

Are there any other boot-loaders installed to your ESP?

@vit9696

I did an update from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 and the BootPicker was hiding the macOS entry during the process.

Only 'Install macOS' and Recovery was shown and direct after the reboots, there where some debug output like 'Start LoadRamDisk' that was blowing away my apple-logo, progress bar was still there.

I don't use verbose and with a normal boot there are no such messages. 

i don't have anything else other than OC and this is what i get.

IMG_0039.JPG

I'm able to reach macOS Desktop (specs on sig) using OpenCore, but cannot get ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (or VoodooPS2Controller), AppleALC (not sure with other 3rd party kexts) to work. And how if a kext contains "Contents/PlugIns"..? Can you plz check my config.plist? And hi, from where getting "NVRAM - Add - GUID"..? Is this magic number? Thanks.

config.plist.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

11 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Can you plz check my config.plist?

Incorrect kext order in config: lilu plugins should located after lilu.kext.

Similarly with VoodooPS2 and its plugins.

Example for ApplePS2Touchpad.

17 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

And hi, from where getting "NVRAM - Add - GUID"..? Is this magic number? Thanks.

Page 21 of OpenCore Reference Manual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, now my 3rd party kexts are loaded & working. But just, well.. am not really sure why on "About This Mac" my Processor (should be Core i3) is "Unknown" uhmmmb... I guess I missed something on config.plist about "cpus".

Screenshot 17.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Hi @Andrey1970, referring to this:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/cpu.c#l1310

My CPU is Intel Core i3-2330M (SandyBridge) = 0x903.

Is this correct if using Integer (Number) on config.plist - PlatformInfo - SMBIOS (?) It's just cosmetic for sure.

<key>ProcessorType</key>
<integer>2307</integer>

Thanks.