Jump to content

5,218 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Can I propose a new subforum be created for the new OpenCorePkg OpenCore front end being created by vit9696 and others, it is a fantastic piece of work:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg

Even at version 0.1 it runs my Mojave 10.14.4 setup very nearly flawlessly. It consists of a 10KB bootstrap BootX64.efi and a 200KB OpenCore.efi OS loader. All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Guest TheManOnPlanet9

Interesting

23 hours ago, dgsga said:

 All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist :)

Possible to share?

Edited by TheManOnPlanet9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only issues I have so far are not being able to turn off efi verbose debug output during FV2 boot and the boot picker not showing one of my SATA SSD drives. Apart from that it works 100%. Reading the very comprehensive configuration PDF makes it easy to set up all drivers, kexts and device injection. The reason it appeals to me is that the code base is minimal and there’s no legacy cruft. Hats off to vit9696!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dgsga said:

The only issues I have so far are not being able to turn off efi verbose debug output during FV2 boot and the boot picker not showing one of my SATA SSD drives. Apart from that it works 100%. Reading the very comprehensive configuration PDF makes it easy to set up all drivers, kexts and device injection. The reason it appeals to me is that the code base is minimal and there’s no legacy cruft. Hats off to vit9696!

 

DisplayLevel = 0 and Target = 0 in Misc Debug

 

NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

bootercfg = log=0 debug=0 level=0

bootercfg-once = log=0 debug=0 level=0

 

588879878_Capturedcran2019-04-2613_16_09.png.347013d2b686812cfef8498e3f19d8d8.png

Fred

Edited by FredWst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Should we rename OpenCorePkg to something like OpenCore instead? ;)

(not referring to the repo itself on GitHub, but this sub-forum)

 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMheart said:

Should we rename OpenCorePkg to something like OpenCore instead? ;)

(not referring to the repo itself on GitHub, but this sub-forum)

Good idea. Thanks FredWst for the tip about hiding debug output

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Allan

It seems is not possible to open a new thread on this subforum or am I missing something?

Thank you

Hi @fabiosun, how are you?

 

No you're not missing anything. Only Devs and Coders can open new topics, we need to made this action because the mess with Spammers, some of then are in the Members group.

 

Sorry man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi to all :)

first one here to ask

IMG_2552.thumb.jpg.f5e1a7ee2be4304549b6b290b4b800f8.jpg1741487319_ScreenShot2019-04-26at5_47_38PM.png.38e607270407b0777751663ad7e18a58.png

 

Reading configuration pdf it seems activating PlatformInfo /Automatic yes we Bypass generic configuration

For me this is the only way to boot otherwise I have Hang you see in first pictures

Could be possible to have generic parameter to boot in not automatic way (PlatformInfo /Automatic=NO)?

Other minor problem I have are:

Applealc

acpi rename seems not work here

 

Edited by fabiosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Hi to all :)

first one here to ask

IMG_2552.thumb.jpg.f5e1a7ee2be4304549b6b290b4b800f8.jpg1741487319_ScreenShot2019-04-26at5_47_38PM.png.38e607270407b0777751663ad7e18a58.png

 

Reading configuration pdf it seems activating PlatformInfo /Automatic yes we Bypass generic configuration

For me this is the only way to boot otherwise I have Hang you see in first pictures

Could be possible to have generic parameter to boot in not automatic way (PlatformInfo /Automatic=NO)?

Other minor problem I have are:

Applealc

acpi rename seems not work here

 

 

Take a look at samples plist in doc directory. there is two configs files provide as example.

If your're using automatic = NO be careful -> take time to fill all value.

can u post your config.plist.

 

Fred

Edited by FredWst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Reading configuration pdf it seems activating PlatformInfo /Automatic yes we Bypass generic configuration

For me this is the only way to boot otherwise I have Hang you see in first pictures

Could be possible to have generic parameter to boot in not automatic way (PlatformInfo /Automatic=NO)?

Automatic while only for MBP15,2 and MP5,1

https://github.com/acidanthera/MacInfoPkg

Edited by Andrey1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FredWst said:

 

Take a look at samples plist in doc directory. there is two config provide as example.

If your're using automatic = NO be careful -> take time to fill all value.

can u post your config.plist.

 

Fred

here my file, thank you

 

config.plist 2.zip

6 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Automatic while only for MBP15,2 and MP5,1

https://github.com/acidanthera/MacInfoPkg

1342411510_ScreenShot2019-04-26at6_20_33PM.png.f7f63683da545150510d0469bd9b1640.png

 

Thank you

Using YES on automatic tab I have a ImacPro1.1

using No I have a hang because I think I have to fill better generic tab on config

Edited by fabiosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

here my file, thank you

 

config.plist 2.zip

1342411510_ScreenShot2019-04-26at6_20_33PM.png.f7f63683da545150510d0469bd9b1640.png

 

Thank you

Using YES on automatic tab I have a ImacPro1.1

using No I have a hang because I think I have to fill better generic tab on config

 

config.plist

 

This one should works for you. just adding missing part and automatic = NO

 

Fred

 

Edited by FredWst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Fabiosun 

If you set Automatic to No you can remove the 'Generic' dictionary from your config.plist. As Andrey1970 says, just fill in the other 3 fields carefully (DataHub, PlatformNVRAM and SMBIOS) using the data for your iMacPro1,1. That's some beast you've got there judging by your 'About This Mac' image!

@Fred_Wst

I applied your changes to my plist, it has helped but I still get a wee bit of console output

Edited by dgsga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgsga said:

@ Fabiosun 

If you set Automatic to No you can remove the 'Generic' dictionary from your config.plist. As Andrey1970 says, just fill in the other 3 fields carefully (DataHub, PlatformNVRAM and SMBIOS) using the data for your iMacPro1,1

@Fred_Wst

I applied your changes to my plist, it has helped but I still get a wee bit of console output

 

I use release efi not noopt or debug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FredWst said:

 

config.plist

 

This one should works for you. just adding missing part and automatic = NO

 

Fred

 

It is Working thank you

XHCI to XHC does not work and also CAVS to hdef produce an hang in my case. XHCI to XHC simply do not work

Thank you again

Edited by fabiosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Lorkiyn
      Hey,
       
      so I just can't get my trackpad working. I'm running Catalina with OC (v0.5.8 debug) on my Gigabyte Aero 15x9.
      I followed the OC vanilla laptop guide and created a GPI0 SSDT fitting to my device name but it didn't help. I have VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID in my kexts folder because the publisher of my trackpad is "Microsoft" accordingly to Windows.
      I have stumbled across the DSDT patches from VoodooI2C, but since you can't load your patched DSDT on OC I didn't know what to do with them.
       
      According to VoodooI2C-HID satellite description you need a "PNP0C50" trackpad, which mine is.
       
      I noticed that there are some messages during, boot from Voodoo-Something, after selecting boot device in OC. But these messages are not logged in any log file I can find. So I don't know what exactly they are saying.
       
      Thank you in advance
       
      EFI.zip
      opencore-2020-05-31-141607.txt
      Windows_device_manager.tar
    • By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
    • By STLVNUB
      Script file to clone and help build Clover, Opencore (official and unofficial) repos
      Script will create link to itself in /usr/local/bin/bob
      Wouldn't hurt to check there are no "Bob"'s there, i "Hope" there isn't.
       
      Then you only need to type bob. and a parameter
      "n" for NDK repo, unofficial
      "a" for ACID repo, official
      "c" for CLOVER
      It also takes "all" for ALL, if your game
      Currently NDK Repo has problems so "all" and "n" DON'T WORK
       
      Easier typing bob than.....usual stuff
      Enjoy
       
    • By cvad
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
×