OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,740 posts in this topic

Can I propose a new subforum be created for the new OpenCorePkg OpenCore front end being created by vit9696 and others, it is a fantastic piece of work:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg

Even at version 0.1 it runs my Mojave 10.14.4 setup very nearly flawlessly. It consists of a 10KB bootstrap BootX64.efi and a 200KB OpenCore.efi OS loader. All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist :)

• Like 16

Guest TheManOnPlanet9

Interesting

23 hours ago, dgsga said:

All configuration is done using a very well documented config.plist :)

Possible to share?

Edited by TheManOnPlanet9

The only issues I have so far are not being able to turn off efi verbose debug output during FV2 boot and the boot picker not showing one of my SATA SSD drives. Apart from that it works 100%. Reading the very comprehensive configuration PDF makes it easy to set up all drivers, kexts and device injection. The reason it appeals to me is that the code base is minimal and there’s no legacy cruft. Hats off to vit9696!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dgsga said:

The only issues I have so far are not being able to turn off efi verbose debug output during FV2 boot and the boot picker not showing one of my SATA SSD drives. Apart from that it works 100%. Reading the very comprehensive configuration PDF makes it easy to set up all drivers, kexts and device injection. The reason it appeals to me is that the code base is minimal and there’s no legacy cruft. Hats off to vit9696!

DisplayLevel = 0 and Target = 0 in Misc Debug

NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

bootercfg = log=0 debug=0 level=0

bootercfg-once = log=0 debug=0 level=0

588879878_Capturedcran2019-04-2613_16_09.png.347013d2b686812cfef8498e3f19d8d8.png

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

Should we rename OpenCorePkg to something like OpenCore instead? ;)

(not referring to the repo itself on GitHub, but this sub-forum)

Good idea. Thanks FredWst for the tip about hiding debug output

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Allan

It seems is not possible to open a new thread on this subforum or am I missing something?

Thank you

Hi @fabiosun, how are you?

No you're not missing anything. Only Devs and Coders can open new topics, we need to made this action because the mess with Spammers, some of then are in the Members group.

Sorry man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Allan

so we can't help to betatest for now :)

waiting for some devs/coders opening a generic thread to fill with some useful/unuseful  info :)

Edited by Guest

Hi to all :)

first one here to ask

IMG_2552.thumb.jpg.f5e1a7ee2be4304549b6b290b4b800f8.jpg1741487319_ScreenShot2019-04-26at5_47_38PM.png.38e607270407b0777751663ad7e18a58.png

Reading configuration pdf it seems activating PlatformInfo /Automatic yes we Bypass generic configuration

For me this is the only way to boot otherwise I have Hang you see in first pictures

Could be possible to have generic parameter to boot in not automatic way (PlatformInfo /Automatic=NO)?

Other minor problem I have are:

Applealc

acpi rename seems not work here

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Hi to all :)

first one here to ask

IMG_2552.thumb.jpg.f5e1a7ee2be4304549b6b290b4b800f8.jpg1741487319_ScreenShot2019-04-26at5_47_38PM.png.38e607270407b0777751663ad7e18a58.png

Reading configuration pdf it seems activating PlatformInfo /Automatic yes we Bypass generic configuration

For me this is the only way to boot otherwise I have Hang you see in first pictures

Could be possible to have generic parameter to boot in not automatic way (PlatformInfo /Automatic=NO)?

Other minor problem I have are:

Applealc

acpi rename seems not work here

Take a look at samples plist in doc directory. there is two configs files provide as example.

If your're using automatic = NO be careful -> take time to fill all value.

can u post your config.plist.

Fred

Edited by FredWst

16 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Automatic while only for MBP15,2 and MP5,1

https://github.com/acidanthera/MacInfoPkg

Edited by Andrey1970

7 minutes ago, FredWst said:

Take a look at samples plist in doc directory. there is two config provide as example.

If your're using automatic = NO be careful -> take time to fill all value.

can u post your config.plist.

Fred

here my file, thank you

config.plist 2.zip

6 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Automatic while only for MBP15,2 and MP5,1

https://github.com/acidanthera/MacInfoPkg

1342411510_ScreenShot2019-04-26at6_20_33PM.png.f7f63683da545150510d0469bd9b1640.png

Thank you

Using YES on automatic tab I have a ImacPro1.1

using No I have a hang because I think I have to fill better generic tab on config

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

here my file, thank you

config.plist 2.zip

1342411510_ScreenShot2019-04-26at6_20_33PM.png.f7f63683da545150510d0469bd9b1640.png

Thank you

Using YES on automatic tab I have a ImacPro1.1

using No I have a hang because I think I have to fill better generic tab on config

config.plist

This one should works for you. just adding missing part and automatic = NO

Fred

Edited by FredWst

@ Fabiosun 

If you set Automatic to No you can remove the 'Generic' dictionary from your config.plist. As Andrey1970 says, just fill in the other 3 fields carefully (DataHub, PlatformNVRAM and SMBIOS) using the data for your iMacPro1,1. That's some beast you've got there judging by your 'About This Mac' image!

@Fred_Wst

I applied your changes to my plist, it has helped but I still get a wee bit of console output

Edited by dgsga

1 minute ago, dgsga said:

@ Fabiosun 

If you set Automatic to No you can remove the 'Generic' dictionary from your config.plist. As Andrey1970 says, just fill in the other 3 fields carefully (DataHub, PlatformNVRAM and SMBIOS) using the data for your iMacPro1,1

@Fred_Wst

I applied your changes to my plist, it has helped but I still get a wee bit of console output

I use release efi not noopt or debug.

21 minutes ago, FredWst said:

config.plist

This one should works for you. just adding missing part and automatic = NO

Fred

It is Working thank you

XHCI to XHC does not work and also CAVS to hdef produce an hang in my case. XHCI to XHC simply do not work

Thank you again

Edited by Guest