OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,759 posts in this topic

Does the method for disabling dGPU in laptops (nvidia) completely turn off the nvidia card or just hide it? I am already using -wegnoegpu but battery life is poor so I want to see if I can completely disable with ssdt or device properties method. Or does -wegnoegpu completely disable it and my battery is not good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh Oh!!!, Devs/Admin it looks like one has slipped through the net. :cry:

@Gsindo90 - Please do us all a favour and take your 'Lonely Heart Club' else where.

This is a Computer Forum for like minded hobbyists, not to be polluted by Carpet Baggers peddling trash. :thumbsdown_anim:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Does the method for disabling dGPU in laptops (nvidia) completely turn off the nvidia card or just hide it? I am already using -wegnoegpu but battery life is poor so I want to see if I can completely disable with ssdt or device properties method. Or does -wegnoegpu completely disable it and my battery is not good?

you will need to use a SSDT to completely disable the Nvidia

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Agree with feartech.  Look in your extracted ACPI for method _OFF for Device GFX0 or VID (depends on your PC / ACPI).  You'll probably want to add your own SSDT that calls _OFF.  You may need to experiment to determine whether _OFF needs to be called once in an initialization sequence and possibly when your PC wakes (in _WAK).  Google may be your friend to find example ACPI solutions where others have experimented with _OFF.

Edited by deeveedee

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Here you have @RehabMan SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml for HP 4540s. It can be a good start for you.

SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

Running the latest OC 098 and SilentKnight is showing EFI is not updated (EFI version found 2020.40.3.0.0; expected 2020.80.5.0.0) Can I fix that?

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I am slightly ahead of you version wise and it's also says need to Update.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-02-15at18_27_31.png.397554b7df6001ede7574c00c43152c9.pngScreenshot2024-02-15at18_28_58.thumb.png.9229df821522d3d87f7c952f0c498d97.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Running the latest OC 098 and SilentKnight is showing EFI is not updated (EFI version found 2020.40.3.0.0; expected 2020.80.5.0.0) Can I fix that?

SilentKnight is a tool for genuine Macs. It is not for hackintosh. It can be used in a hack for informations and some updates, but not for checking firmware.

If you have questions about SilentKnight, check Macrumors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok so the last thing i need to take care of on my new hackbook (Acer Nitro 5 10th ge) is when I boot into windows from OC i get an error in device manager.

image.png.c3d3b781dbb8a9f6cb01a89193b1756c.pngimage.png.2e5c7f2fcb25610bfbb9ec0792ae7ba3.png
Sound still works but i feel like opencore should not be interfering with Windows drivers?

config.plist

Sonoma 14.4 beta 3 (23E5196e) 
Installed on Dell Optiplex 790 Graphics Base Kepler

OCLP 1.4.0
Legacy Duet OpenCore

Full Nvram fonctional OC 0.9.9 :thumbsup_anim:

image.thumb.png.1b3e81881c4799d15eeccbd3fa77673d.png

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

On my HackBookPro6,2 running Sonoma 14.3.1, "Launchd.command install" works in Open Core 0.9.8 but not Open Core 0.9.9.  With 0.9.9, I get the following install error when attempting to install LogoutHook:

tee: /var/log/org.acidanthera.nvramhook.launchd/launchd.log: Permission denied

I able to install/uninstall at will with LogoutHook 0.9.8, but not 0.9.9.

EDIT: Launchd.command 0.9.9 runs fine in Sonoma 14.3 (Beta) and Ventura 13.6.5.

EDIT2: Despite the apparent LogoutHook 0.9.9 error, the two-part LogoutHook appears to be installed:

Screenshot2024-03-11at10_03_11PM.png.7bc8aad50fef1b2e6c41422315b47665.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

New OCLP is out. I was wondering why auto-joining Wifi networks no longer worked on my old card. Changelog has the solution: "Upgrading to 12.7.4, 13.6.5 or 14.4 may break Auto Joining WiFi Networks on legacy Wireless Cards. To restore Auto-Join support, forget the network and re-add it."

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I've got a problem showing up Linux flavours icons : on a spare hard drive, I switch grub to use Opencore in ESP as a bootloader. 

* Zorin or Mint: linux flavours icons is correct

* MX-Linux no specific flavour icon, only Debian.icns

* Manjaro: no icons at all

Of course, I tested several Chris111's theme 

There is a solution !

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

With Clover all fine with @chris1111 themes, im not test all Linux icons but everething im test is fine 

@Max.1974 Right @chris1111 themes works fine for all linux with Clover (except there are some distros os_ missing like Manjaro or mx-linux for example, in source). My issues cames from Opencore or Linux itself (multiboot between Debian based and Arch Linux) ? 

My deal is to have multiboot linux distros on a specific hard drive, and macos on another disk. 

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

Yes nice my friend @Matgen84 i've have been used Fedora Workstation 39 and its amazing project from Linux Fedora Team. Much advanced then macOs in many aspects, included editor to images, my tools from Certisign signature and the challenge now is try Compile Clover on Linux, just for knowledge and im surprise with so many resources from  Linux Fedora, very easy to use, and thousands of programs.

God bless you!!

Spoiler

Capturadetelade2024-04-1415-12-48.thumb.png.247a1c0d87d6948f9e4d210404c43bef.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ExFAT Volumes grayed out on macOS Sonoma on recovery mode in diskutility

because exfat natively supported file system why do not show on recovery mode under diskutility

working fine in normal use but not mountable in diskutility 

anyone guide me and fix

10 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

ExFAT Volumes grayed out on macOS Sonoma on recovery mode in diskutility

because exfat natively supported file system why do not show on recovery mode under diskutility

working fine in normal use but not mountable in diskutility 

anyone guide me and fix

I am not sure but I may propose that the exfat.kext is not present in cache in recovery mode. Consider a way to inject it by a bootloader.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 1:55 PM, deeveedee said:

I have performed a few brief tests with Open Core 0.9.7 (upgraded from OC 0.9.6) on my Dell Latitude E6410 (SMBIOS MBP6,2) and am finding that I can only boot with OC 0.9.7 if  I use the LegacyBoot utility from OC 0.9.6.  Is anyone else finding this? 

I am hopeful that the OC OpenDuet issues that I've experienced since OC 0.9.7 are resolved in the next release of OC.  The fix "Fixed problem loading non-firmware runtime drivers" seems promising.

• Like 2