OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,766 posts in this topic

Hi. Did you upgrade your Ryzen 5 3600 to Ventura or Sonoma and if yes, could you please share your config.plist as it will be too much effort for me to prepare from scratch 

Negative. I replaced that cpu with a ryzen 9 5900x which is updated to Sonoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Bios Reset Itself, Secure Boot Enabled By Default

You didn't hear me.

UEFI secure boot which you can set in BIOS is not same as SecureBootMode in opencore. There are two different things having same letters "secure boot".

• Like 5

New Years Greetings to all.

I have a problem with opencore and High Siearra.

My system is old and currently it runs High Sierra through clover very well except hdmi audo.

Recently i tried to boot it with opencore and succeeded but, after login, few seconds later, it just freezes. no responce, no pinging from same lan.

seems like all process halt. no error, no kernel panic, no message, etc...

I have uploaded archived file which includes opencore efi folder and boot log message.

why try opencore if clover works is hdmi audio works with opencore. i can check it just before freezing.

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1

BIOS firmware: F12 (which is latest)

CPU:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

Video: Asus GTX 650 1GB

Audio: ALC889a (onboard)

Network: RTL8161 (onboard)

Disk: Samsung Evo 860 250GB

RAM: Gskill 4GB DDR2-1100

i have followed Dortana guide and used latest opencore/driver/kexts.

Help me to realise why it freezes.

Thanks.

EDIT: Staying at login screen also freezes as well

Archive.zip

Edited by ea dd

14 hours ago, ea dd said:

New Years Greetings to all.

I have a problem with opencore and High Siearra.

My system is old and currently it runs High Sierra through clover very well except hdmi audo.

Recently i tried to boot it with opencore and succeeded but, after login, few seconds later, it just freezes. no responce, no pinging from same lan.

seems like all process halt. no error, no kernel panic, no message, etc...

This could be caused by multiple issues and is not necessarily caused by Open Core.  When you switched from CLOVER to Open Core, did you also switch from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC?

EDIT: Also, I don't think that HDMI audio should work better with Open Core than with CLOVER.  When you switched from CLOVER to Open Core, did you also switch from VoodooHDA to AppleALC?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, deeveedee said:

This could be caused by multiple issues and is not necessarily caused by Open Core.  When you switched from CLOVER to Open Core, did you also switch from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC?

EDIT: Also, I don't think that HDMI audio should work better with Open Core than with CLOVER.  When you switched from CLOVER to Open Core, did you also switch from VoodooHDA to AppleALC?

Yes. FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. Have not used voodooHDA. it was AppleALC.

so maybe i should use FakeSMC instead VirtualSMC.

then inform here with results.

thanks.

• Like 1

Opencore BUG

I Have A Nvme Drive That Was Named VenturaHighway And Renamed It To Sonoma,

Picker Still Sees It As VenturaHighway

Edited by STLVNUB

On 12/31/2023 at 6:04 PM, Slice said:

You didn't hear me.

UEFI secure boot which you can set in BIOS is not same as SecureBootMode in opencore. There are two different things having same letters "secure boot".

WasTalking About Bios

• Like 1

@STLVNUB

Installing or reinstalling Intel Power Gadget fixes it by a workaround: it updates Preboot volume and OpenCore gets the new name. It’s an easy way. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, miliuco said:

@STLVNUB

Installing or reinstalling Intel Power Gadget fixes it by a workaround: it updates Preboot volume. It’s an easy way. 

Point Me In The Right Direction Please, Still OC Should NOT Do It

Installing An App To FIX A Bug Is Not The Way To Go...

Fixed It With Disk Utility, One Of The Volumes Still Had Old Name

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pkdesign said:

So is OC not on an every month update basis anymore. I guess the software has matured enough not to need it?

Maybe developers team has not too much members and they are busy with other things.

It is also not necessary to have a new version monthly. But we always want to try something new 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 12:35 PM, pkdesign said:

So is OC not on an every month update basis anymore. I guess the software has matured enough not to need it?

I'm sure the OC Devs (and the CLOVER Devs) are very happy to have the break from another monthly OC update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

There have been updates posted constantly since the 0.9.7 Release: https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

It's just that the "Releases" section hasn't been updated.

There are OC commits between releases?  This is the first I'm hearing about this.  Thank you.

I have been using them for at about 3 years now…

Anyway: different topic. Have you ever noticed settings stored in info.plists of kexts getting reset?

I have changed this option in the VoodooPS2Keyboard kext:

Bildschirmfoto2024-01-28um19_05_48.thumb.png.45975d4a98542261a7b1b8ef0d6a7cef.png

And everytime I update OpenCore, this is reset to false. And no, I am not updating the kext.

I have to use it on my laptop so that ^ and < are assigned to the correct keys.

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

And everytime I update OpenCore, this is reset to false. And no, I am not updating the kext.

I have to use it on my laptop so that ^ and < are assigned to the correct keys.

I have always configured the PS2 kext options in an SSDT (see attachment).  Can you set your desired options in an SSDT?

SSDT-Trackpad.aml.zip

Edited by deeveedee

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded my Dell Latitude E6410 from OC 0.9.7 to OC 0.9.8 with no issues.  The main OC binaries work as expected.  I still need to use LegacyBoot utility from OC 0.9.6, since my laptop will not boot macOS using LegacyBoot from OC 0.9.7 and 0.9.8.  I haven't spent any time trying to debug.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I upgraded my Dell Latitude E6410 from OC 0.9.7 to OC 0.9.8 with no issues.  The main OC binaries work as expected.  I still need to use LegacyBoot utility from OC 0.9.6, since my laptop will not boot macOS using LegacyBoot from OC 0.9.7 and 0.9.8.  I haven't spent any time trying to debug.

LegacyBoot.thumb.png.031cdadf85d7ca88734f8ece3a40207a.png

• Like 1

Have open core 096 and is detecting only some of installed linux distros.   The required files are in the root directory of the undetected installs.

What and/or where does open core search to detect a distribution?

What files have to be present and where in the linux distro file system tree for open core to detect/boot? (kernel and related files)?

Why some linux detected and not others?