OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,766 posts in this topic

Is there another entry in addition to "PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName" in Open Core's config.plist that defines the Mac Model name?  I ask, because when I run Open Core Legacy Patcher, it detects my hack as "Latitude E6410" even though my SystemProductName is defined as "MacBookPro6,2" in OC's config.plist.

If possible, I'd like to be able to configure something in my OC config.plist that makes OCLP detect the Mac Model name and not my laptop's actual model name.

I'm looking through OCLP source code now to figure this out, but if someone knows already, it would be a big time saver.  Thank you.

I executed the following commands in terminal and don't see why OCLP wouldn't detect my Mac Model:

ioreg -lp IOService | grep model   
    |   "model" = <"MacBookPro6,2">
ioreg -lp IOService | grep board-id
    |   "board-id" = <"Mac-F22586C8">

Edited by deeveedee

Hi All

For my SSDT-USB-MAP, I need help to convert Droptables (Clover) to Opencore. I read configurations.pdf but I don't understand how.

<key>DropTables</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Signature</key>
                    <string>DMAR</string>
                </dict>
                <dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>MATS</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
				<key>Length</key>
				<integer>11547</integer>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				</dict>
            </array>

14 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Is there another entry in addition to "PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName" in Open Core's config.plist that defines the Mac Model name?  I ask, because when I run Open Core Legacy Patcher, it detects my hack as "Latitude E6410" even though my SystemProductName is defined as "MacBookPro6,2" in OC's config.plist.

If possible, I'd like to be able to configure something in my OC config.plist that makes OCLP detect the Mac Model name and not my laptop's actual model name.

I'm looking through OCLP source code now to figure this out, but if someone knows already, it would be a big time saver.  Thank you.

I executed the following commands in terminal and don't see why OCLP wouldn't detect my Mac Model:

Perhaps, CustomSampleConfig.plist can help you. There is a SMBIOS section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, deeveedee said:

There is also Serial Number which contains model code.

But probably OCLP looks in SMBIOS instead of IOReg.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

Im use two methods. It's better in Windows, but have to macOs too. 

XiaSL that fix red errors when compile your DSDT, and extract all tables too, and SSDTTime to drop ACPI tables for Opencore.

Nice user on Git Hub. Im fix my USB RHUB with his tutorial. Is the best for me. 

• Like 1

Good evening folks, can I please just ask if the OpenCore boot chime is now known to work over HDMI or not?

I have it working from the audio jacks at the rear but currently don't have speakers on this build so was trying to enable it over HDMI.

HDMI audio works well once macOS Ventura, Sonoma and Windows 11 are booted.

Good evening folks, can I please just ask if the OpenCore boot chime is now known to work over HDMI or not?

I have it working from the audio jacks at the rear but currently don't have speakers on this build so was trying to enable it over HDMI.

I don’t know if it works or not but did you put the pci address of the device in the audio section on your config?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I don’t know if it works or not but did you put the pci address of the device in the audio section on your config?

I did thanks, this is what is shown for it...

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)

20 hours ago, D-an-W said:

For me HDMI audio works in Ventura but not at boot time with AudioDxe connected to AMD RX570.

AFAIK the driver AudioDxe can't work with AMD HDMI audio.

May be it will work with Intel or Nvidia HDMI audio. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:02 AM, Slice said:

For me HDMI audio works in Ventura but not at boot time with AudioDxe connected to AMD RX570.

AFAIK the driver AudioDxe can't work with AMD HDMI audio.

May be it will work with Intel or Nvidia HDMI audio. 

Hi, Slice:

I need convert Clover's Graphics>RadeonDeInit function to OpenCore, but according to https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/clover-conversion/Clover-config.html

this SSDT method seems not working in my M5A(FX-6300) Hackintosh.

I have posted my IOReg & 2 SSDT.aml for your reference.

Do you have any correct way to fix it ?

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 14.42.17.png

Jin-Shin’s iMac.ioreg SSDT-GFX0.aml SSDT-Radeon-DeInit.aml

• Like 1

How can I stop OpenCore messing with the audio in ArchLinux? If I boot with F12 menu into Arch sound works, if I use OpenCore I get no output devices. I DO NOT want to use the F12 menu every time, defeats the purpose.
I have been troubleshooting this for days on the ArchLinux forums etc only to find out today that it’s OpenCore.
In my config.plist I have this set or else I do not get the boot chime.
UEFI > Driver > AudioDxe.efi > Arguments > —force-device=PciRoot(device path) device path is the actual path. Could this be causing the problem?

On 8/10/2023 at 5:25 PM, deeveedee said:

That's what the "OCLP-Model" NVRAM entry is for. But iit has to be present in NVRAM/Delete as well so that it can be written:

Bildschirmfoto2023-08-19um16_51_19.png.c8ade3487c355f9fece5e2bd2b07b1b7.png

8 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Hi, Slice:

I need convert Clover's Graphics>RadeonDeInit function to OpenCore, but according to https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/clover-conversion/Clover-config.html

this SSDT method seems not working in my M5A(FX-6300) Hackintosh.

I have posted my IOReg & 2 SSDT.aml for your reference.

Do you have any correct way to fix it ?

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 14.42.17.png

Jin-Shin’s iMac.ioreg 4.96 MB · 0 downloads SSDT-GFX0.aml 306 B · 1 download SSDT-Radeon-DeInit.aml 306 B · 1 download

@jsl2000 If you are using Whatevergreen and DeInit is not working in OC and if it is also not working with the SSDT, create an issue report so this can be fixed.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

That's what the "OCLP-Model" NVRAM entry is for. But iit has to be present in NVRAM/Delete as well so that it can be written:

Bildschirmfoto2023-08-19um16_51_19.png.c8ade3487c355f9fece5e2bd2b07b1b7.png

Thanks. Where I can find more documentation about these keys and values. Please.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Mac Pro 2008 (Penryn era?) recently died so I moved all my disks containing all Intel macOS versions (Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger to macOS 13.4.1 Ventura) to my 2016 Skylake Hackintosh.

I made disk images of the partitions to use in VMs because the VMs don't support very well using actual disk partitions.
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard and later boot in Parallels Desktop for Mac 19 on the Skylake Hackintosh.

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger boots in VirtualBox 7.0.10 after modifying some CPUID information. https://github.com/ranma42/TigerOnVBox

I know there's been some work done in OpenCore to support early Mac OS X versions but I haven't read posts from users or developers about that.

For each processor, Skylake included, Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide has a section regarding configuration options for early Mac OS X versions including 10.4. Does that mean 10.4 can work on SkyLake?

If OpenCore can't modify CPUID like VirtualBox, then maybe it can patch the kernel sufficiently enough? Do the required patches exist already?

The OCLP project deals with running newer macOS versions on older Macs. I would like to go in the other direction and use older macOS versions on newer Macs/PCs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can somebody explain how LegacySchema works? I've read Configuration.pdf, but it's purpose and way of work is unclear to me: there are only keys, without any values.

For example, I have NVRAM - ADD - 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 - bluetoothInternalControllerInfo key with data, at the same time I see in NVRAM - LegacySchema - 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 - 7 (key number) and value bluetoothInternalControllerInfo without any data.

1 hour ago, mrmacdi2 said:

Hi,

Can somebody explain how LegacySchema works? I've read Configuration.pdf, but it's purpose and way of work is unclear to me: there are only keys, without any values.

For example, I have NVRAM - ADD - 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 - bluetoothInternalControllerInfo key with data, at the same time I see in NVRAM - LegacySchema - 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 - 7 (key number) and value bluetoothInternalControllerInfo without any data.

I think this sections for systems without NVRAM which require emulated NVRAM. But I don't have any systems that old so I never worked with the LegacySchema

• Like 1

@mrmacdi2

LegacySchema is a set of NVRAM variables and OpenCore compares these to the variables present in nvram.plist so it is not necessary when we have native NVRAM. It’s required only for emulated NVRAM. 

If we have LegacyEnable=False and LegacyOverwrite=False, LegacySchema is not used by OpenCore. And macOS boots perfectly without the LegacySchema keys. We can even delete the  LegacySchema whole part if we have native NVRAM.

What is always recommended is to have WriteFlash=True.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mrmacdi2 said:

Hi,

For Legacy (non UEFI):

1. Download OpenCore: https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

2. Install LegacyBoot (first on USB installer, after on boot drive). .../OpenCore-0/Utilities/LegacyBoot

3. Install OS

4. Run LogoutHook for emulated NVRAM: ..../OpenCore-0/Utilities/LogoutHook

I use this type of OC config for legacy:

1.thumb.png.5e2d8af4a3a46a57e3af2fbd8e09d2f2.png

Like you see I use "*" for every UUID. And it is working like a dream.

You should insert normal values to NVRAM -> Add/Delete

If you have another question about legacy (and you'll have 😇), shot!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miliuco said:

@mrmacdi2

LegacySchema is a set of NVRAM variables and OpenCore compares these to the variables present in nvram.plist so it is not necessary when we have native NVRAM. It’s required only for emulated NVRAM. 

If we have LegacyEnable=False and LegacyOverwrite=False, LegacySchema is not used by OpenCore. And macOS boots perfectly without the LegacySchema keys. We can even delete the  LegacySchema whole part if we have native NVRAM.

What is always recommended is to have WriteFlash=True.

Thanks, still unclear. I have legacy systems without hardware NVRAM and I’ve always used the regular way: put items in NVRAM - Add/Delete, without touching anything in LegacySchema.

35 minutes ago, mrmacdi2 said:

I have legacy systems without hardware NVRAM and I’ve always used the regular way: put items in NVRAM - Add/Delete, without touching anything in LegacySchema.

But without native NVRAM, motherboard doesn’t save those values. Maybe you have a kind of partially emulated NVRAM.