OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,773 posts in this topic

1. BlessOverride
    Type: plist array
    Description: Add custom scanning paths through bless model.

Designed to be filled with plist string entries containing absolute UEFI paths to customised bootloaders, for example, \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi for Microsoft bootloader. This allows unusual boot paths to be automaticlly discovered by the boot picker. Designwise they are equivalent to predefined blessed path, such as \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi, but unlike predefined bless paths they have highest priority.

How to boot windows 10  throw BlessOverride? Any Idea?Check my config config.plist

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, nmano said:
  1. BlessOverride
    Type: plist array
    Description: Add custom scanning paths through bless model.

Designed to be filled with plist string entries containing absolute UEFI paths to customised bootloaders, for example, \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi for Microsoft bootloader. This allows unusual boot paths to be automaticlly discovered by the boot picker. Designwise they are equivalent to predefined blessed path, such as \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi, but unlike predefined bless paths they have highest priority.

How to boot windows 10  throw BlessOverride? Any Idea?Check my config config.plist

Thank you.

Just my opinion, sorry if I made a mistake: i think BlessOverride containing absolute UEFI path is a function for dual boot: macOS and Windows, on the same hard drive. For OS on two different disk, I use 'Entries' and Pciroot 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Just my opinion, sorry if I made a mistake: i think BlessOverride containing absolute UEFI path is a function for dual boot: macOS and Windows, on the same hard drive. For OS on two different disk, I use 'Entries' and Pciroot 

How to get Pciroot address path for windows EFI

I have diffrent SSD.

Edited by nmano
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jinbingmao said:

BootLiquor.efi has been used, a great experience! When is 4K resolution supported?

What are the settings in config.plist to use BootLiquor.efi as picker. Please.

• Like 2

Hi is there a way to use seperate smbios in windows and mac I can't install properly asus aura or amoury create in windows with macbook smbios. If I disable smbios implementation osx having some issues. I just need to keep my device name untouched for windows but in opencore my device name in smbios becomes MacbookProXX,X.

41 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@valinor61 No, there isn't, but you can just launch Windows from your firmware's boot menu to bypass OpenCore.

Thank you for reply but i need more permanent solution. Not spoofing vendor fixing most of the problems but this might be a issue for most opencore users. I hope at least in feature builds there will be a fix for that.

1 hour ago, valinor61 said:

Thank you for reply but i need more permanent solution. Not spoofing vendor fixing most of the problems but this might be a issue for most opencore users. I hope at least in feature builds there will be a fix for that.

No, it is a design decision that is not expected to change. The reasons behind are explained here. Hacks in our codebase released as forks or anyhow else with their own bugs are unsupported and are a grey area. As long as you need to use Windows with another SMBIOS, you are recommended to use Clover or Chameleon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can someone help me with DeviceProperties block? I am trying to block two devices, but its not working. Do I need to add anything else?

<key>Block</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x4,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
			<array/>
			<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x4,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
			<array/>
		</dict>

1 hour ago, telepati said:

Just set External that's it. Of course, don't forget to add resources. I just test it.

76165483-6d82c080-6168-11ea-9cca-b45289c15257.JPG.b9e017040a697198c9abc4f64c5eb97e.JPG

...and where are the resources (OC/Resources/Image and OC/Resources/Font) ?

The build tool I used last night did not provide these.

So where did you get them from ?

• Like 1

Hello to all !! This is my first time writing to this forum and I would like your help. I am a long time Hackintosh user and I am using Clover bootloader. I would like to try Opencore and the last 3 days I read a lot. I managed to set OpenCore and when I boot I stuck on apple logo and then nothing happens. I upload my EFI if someone have the time to check it and help me. Thanks a lot in advance !!!

My PC:   Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 - i7 6700K - 32g RAM - SAPPHIRE NITRO RX 570 4 GB

EFI.zip

@telepati What am I going to do with the log? I told you you can dump it to check the boot path of that entry to find out its origin.

01:542 00:003 OCB: Entry 0 is EFI at dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0x18,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,E00D6EB7-BA48-49FD-84C3-BFBECABB6DF8,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@telepati What am I going to do with the log? I told you you can dump it to check the boot path of that entry to find out its origin.

Sorry, sometimes I have difficulty understanding because of my English lack. Thanks, I got it better now. 

• Like 1