OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,773 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, telepati said:

config.plist and operncore.efi must be inside OC folder. And choose your start-up disk from System Preferences or make Scan policy 0 and choose your default disk from the boot picker.

Yeh.. stupid error! I solved both, now the boot starts but freezes like in attached pics, I even removed all the SSDTs a part form PLUG and EC-USBX (adjusting config.plist accordingly). stuck again...

2D811111-9D51-49F1-AFF7-CA1ECF9CFB5C.heic

6D74A5C5-7CAD-43F9-93C6-4780F6914F47.heic

Anyone know how to get Secure Boot with OC 0.5.6 ? I tried creating vault with sign.command, enabled secured boot but it boot in Windows without OC.

Adjusted vault to Secure option but it says config.plist is corrupted.

Signed Opencore and .efi drivers with my own keys, but ApfsDriverLoader.efi says its corrupted.

Restored original ApfsDriverLoader.efi but its says Security Violation.

Here's my opencore logs and config.plist:

opencore-2020-03-06-183612.txt

opencore-2020-03-06-183931.txt

config.plist

Edited by md500
SMBIOS Deleted

@md500, we are still working on this, sorry. Basically you need to sign BOOTx64.efi, OpenCore.efi, and currently all the Drivers. This will let you boot UEFI Secure Boot compatible operating systems boot (e.g. Windows). In future you will not have to sign Drivers, as we will verify them inside OC, and you will also be able to boot macOS, as we will add macOS Secure Boot support (the one you can find on T2 machines).

This is unfortunately a slow journey, as we not only have to recover Apple's protocol, but also reimplement several parts of UEFI Secure Boot from EDK II. However, we expect this to be done this year. Stay tuned.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pieropontra said:

Yeh.. stupid error! I solved both, now the boot starts but freezes like in attached pics, I even removed all the SSDTs a part form PLUG and EC-USBX (adjusting config.plist accordingly). stuck again...

2D811111-9D51-49F1-AFF7-CA1ECF9CFB5C.heic

6D74A5C5-7CAD-43F9-93C6-4780F6914F47.heic

The second picture looks like SSDT-EC-USBX.aml error. The suggestion follows the Skylake X guide do not add your all SSDT's first just use the minimal setting on the guide.

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/intel-hedt-config.plist/skylake-x

Edited by telepati

1 hour ago, telepati said:

The second picture looks like SSDT-EC-USBX.aml error. The suggestion follows the Skylake X guide do not add your all SSDT's first just use the minimal setting on the guide.

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/intel-hedt-config.plist/skylake-x

YEah... sure. The reality is that I borrowed those 2 SSDTs (PLUG and USBX) from another user,  to be honest he gave me all those SSDTs in my EFI

I don't know if they are good, I just know they work on 0.5.5 and something is not working on the new 0.5.6 folder I created. I suspect is a matter of ACPI patches related to SSDTs, because in my original and working 0.5.5 folder there are a lot of them, but in the brand new 0.5.6 folder I didn't added patches cause I don't know hot to handle them. It's a total mess...

EDIT: I deleted all the old SSDTs and related patches, then I used ACPI samples for SkylakeX (EC-USBX and PLUG) and compiled them with MACIASL and adjusted config.plist accordingly. Resetted NVRAM and tried to boot with no success. Attached latest EFI folder and screen of boot failure in -v mode

EFI.zip

IMG_0264.jpeg

Edited by pieropontra
modification

3 hours ago, pieropontra said:

YEah... sure. The reality is that I borrowed those 2 SSDTs (PLUG and USBX) from another user,  to be honest he gave me all those SSDTs in my EFI

I don't know if they are good, I just know they work on 0.5.5 and something is not working on the new 0.5.6 folder I created. I suspect is a matter of ACPI patches related to SSDTs, because in my original and working 0.5.5 folder there are a lot of them, but in the brand new 0.5.6 folder I didn't added patches cause I don't know hot to handle them. It's a total mess...

EDIT: I deleted all the old SSDTs and related patches, then I used ACPI samples for SkylakeX (EC-USBX and PLUG) and compiled them with MACIASL and adjusted config.plist accordingly. Resetted NVRAM and tried to boot with no success. Attached latest EFI folder and screen of boot failure in -v mode

EFI.zip

IMG_0264.jpeg

If you compiled your ssdt's should have .aml on end

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Check from master.

Thank you @vit9696 and @Andrey1970 its working beautifully. HideAuxilary YES Scan Policy 0 no Time Machine disk on the Boot Picker.

But I have a question for you about boot disk order. If I set HideAuxilary YES, Scan Policy 0 it shows my main boot drive 1. Catalina. This is correct.

But when I click to Space bar its change the boot order like this; 

1. Time Machine

2. Catalina

3. Recovery

4. Clean NVRAM

Here is the question; Why doesn't OpenCore put the boot disk in the first place after clicking the Space bar? (This is really important for users who don't use the Timeout option like me, cause on any broke, OpenCore always choosing the first drive as a boot.)

I thought, maybe this is happening because of my disk BSD order but I checked it. My Data drive is on the disk1s1. 

1104527736_ScreenShot2020-03-07at15_14_13.thumb.png.d9f4c2b5a768240d5a3590012d32c736.png

• Like 1

Disk order is determined by UEFI firmware, I do not think there is a good reason to invent a wheel and try to do some kind of sorting under weird rules. If we start reordering boot entries, people who use multiple operating systems will have to wonder which entry is going to be where every time they load the picker. Having a stable order on the other side allows them to reliably use number keys to choose the OS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Disk order is determined by UEFI firmware, I do not think there is a good reason to invent a wheel and try to do some kind of sorting under weird rules. If we start reordering boot entries, people who use multiple operating systems will have to wonder which entry is going to be where every time they load the picker. Having a stable order on the other side allows them to reliably use number keys to choose the OS. 

Thank you for the explanation I didn't know that. I thought this is totally related to OpenCore. Thanks again. :thumbsup_anim:

I have a strange proglem after i follow this video guide how make OS X C om my Win 10 Pc.

video: 

Everything whent well exept for option for Install Os X i gott this. See the pic

Anyone have idea what this is and what i did wrong

IMG_0344.jpeg

Edited by Szajda

40 minutes ago, Szajda said:

I have a strange proglem after i follow this video guide how make OS X C om my Win 10 Pc.

video: 

Everything whent well exept for option for Install Os X i gott this. See the pic

Anyone have idea what this is and what i did wrong

IMG_0344.jpeg

How do you think anybody could help you without knowing what kind of hardware you have!!!??? :thumbsdown_anim:

Edited by obus

1 minute ago, obus said:

How could anybody possible help you without knowing what kind of hardware you have!!!??? :thumbsdown_anim:

Sorry My bad 

Its a Intel 9900K with Gigabyte Designare motherboard, 2TB Samsung NVME pro disk plus 2 normal SSD. RT 580 gigbyte and 64 GB Ram 3200Mhz

31 minutes ago, Szajda said:

Sorry My bad 

Its a Intel 9900K with Gigabyte Designare motherboard, 2TB Samsung NVME pro disk plus 2 normal SSD. RT 580 gigbyte and 64 GB Ram 3200Mhz

....and you have not posted your config.plist file and the OpenCore log files :no:

51 minutes ago, Szajda said:

now i get new problem

and i uppdate littel the config.plist 

IMG_0345.jpeg

config.plist

The log file is located at the root of the EFI folder of the EFI partition - a text file.

Your second config file is for a DIFFERENT version of OpenCore.

Opencore is still in development - which means config.plist file content changes based on features that are changed/added to OpenCore. That means, you have to pay attention to the "manual" called Configuration.pdf in the docs folder of the OpenCore build you download and in particular the Differences.pdf which states what has changed from the previous version.

When you "get" the OpenCore build, you have to use the EFI drivers that came with THAT build.

That is, the files with .efi extensions in the EFI/OC/drivers folder that you NEED for your PC should be copied from the download to your EFI partition.

HINT: The specific one to pay attention to is FwRuntimeServices.efi in your case.

Hi ! 
Does anyone has any idea why the keyboard is not working in opencore menu when using 0.5.6 RELEASE , but is working fine in 0.5.6 DEBUG.
and when i was on 0.5.5 RELEASE it was working fine.
i tried both Keysupport= Enabled in config.plist and AppleUsbKbDxe.efi vice-versa but not together ofc.

opencore-2020-03-07-195355.txt.zip
config.plist.zip

Edited by XLNC