your opinion about Russia?

MY4@BKA

82 posts in this topic

Big country on its way to the doom. I have much to say on the subject, but whats the point of this question anyway? Be more precise, and we can get into discussion. =)

lol its still recovering from the fall of communism, there isnt much more falling it can do to hit the bottom....

Well, I spent 6 weeks in St. Petersburg. I was floored by the art and the culture. It's a city filled with beauty - but also poverty.

I hear of a rising skinhead movement in St. Petersburg - and it's sad knowing it hasn't been too long since the soviet blockade.

I'd like to go back. I have a few friends in St. Petersburg and some in Moscow.

It would be fine for me - but I would not want to bring my family there for very long.

I did manage to see Paul McCartney play a show in St. Petersburg in the very beautiful Palace Square during the White Nights.

I had an amazing time... I would definitely go back... but only because I have friends in the city... and only for a short time.

Well. Russia. Yes, it's a very interesting place and I have to say I'm the only one in my family who don't speak Russian.

I think just a few of the people who have never been to Russia can imagine how BIG this country is. There are so many different kind of people living in, so much culture and so on.

It's a good choice to do a holiday trip. But I would never move to Russia... Russians don't really know what Democracy means and never had a real democratic structure in politics. But the Russian people are so nice - I hope someday they will have a better life.

And I hope Russia will be more a partner than an opponent for the Americas, the Europeans, Africa and Asia.

yes, its a very beautifull as much as different country. and its really sad that they really dont have any democratic structure (e.g. let's say you did something, and 2 years later they vote a law which forbids it. then you become guilty and you are charged even though it wasnt illegal when you did it, and the sad thing is that noone can see the unreasonable in that)

And I hope Russia will be more a partner than an opponent for the Americas, the Europeans, Africa and Asia.

i would as much hope NOT. america is stong and does anything it wishes as it is now, and the other ones are actually just puppets who only say "yes" to everything. It's best if there is a different oppinion every now and then. That's what democracy is all about after all

Well, I spent 6 weeks in St. Petersburg. I was floored by the art and the culture. It's a city filled with beauty - but also poverty.

I hear of a rising skinhead movement in St. Petersburg - and it's sad knowing it hasn't been too long since the soviet blockade.

I'd like to go back. I have a few friends in St. Petersburg and some in Moscow.

It would be fine for me - but I would not want to bring my family there for very long.

I did manage to see Paul McCartney play a show in St. Petersburg in the very beautiful Palace Square during the White Nights.

I had an amazing time... I would definitely go back... but only because I have friends in the city... and only for a short time.

lol paul mcartney. Hes old school but good!

Yossicl i hear you!! thats a great reason to go.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Soviet Union was the greatest friend our nation ever had. It guaranteed us 50 years of relative tranquility." - Thanks... But Soviet Union dead since 1991. Please, no more talking about USSR. Its a history. And in some place painfull history, but greatest...

"In soviet russia, OS X hacks YOU!" - you still live in 20th century... OMG LOL)))

"?? Russia still exists ??" - maybe for u didn't any country exist except of U.S.?? Or you dreamd about thermonuclear war?? I only hope you just have "F" in Geography.

Edited by ARMAGEDDON

hehe, "matiushka rossia" :P

in the former eastern block, it was pettily know simply as "The Union", pretty much as is now the EU called.

Still, the culture that managed to strive there, despite the commies was incredible. i feel really sorry, that the country is exporting only oil and great geeks, computer gurus and so on, instead of keeping them in. the mafia is omnipresent, whatever you say...

Great girls, though! i am of slav origin, so ukraine or russian, all the best :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after the fall of comunism and after the new capitalism is on, the liberties are undermined because the corruption that affectspolitics. The old KGB is still functioning and the problem is that Russia is a power in oil and gas. All West Europe depnds on russian gaz and the old technical power is still alive (nuclear technics, army) so Russsia can be and it's beginning to be a powerful link to the muslim world (Iran).

For me, Russia and China will be the most dangerous troubles for the West because the alliance they can make to the arab world. The old UN is not ready for this situation, and even NATO is out today... so for me and for a lot of people who want to live in freedom, Russia is backwards to the old Regime (czar without a crown).

So, we must lean the writers, newsmen... who fight for freedom in that country, not only for the russian people but because the links the russian power to the extremists in the world. So the same with China, and no more hypocrisy because they are such economic power.

The West civililitation (freedom) is in danger and not only because the islamic extremists but also because the alliance that can be made among them with Rusia/China. We must remember that economically and demographically in 30 yrs China/Russia would and (and really they could) the POWER.

A better world for 2007,

Pedro.

(remember, the fight for freedom is always On, but since 2001 is harder than ever)

The Soviet Union was the greatest friend our nation ever had. It guaranteed us 50 years of relative tranquility.

RElative tranquility= no freedom, no free civil life... maybe because the economy. It's hard to live in the western world but we can sleep tight at night and no police can arrest us without a real cause. I understand "the good memories from the old times", but remember, memory is so selective...

Russia and China will be the most dangerous troubles for the West ...

I am not at all worried about Russia or China.

Russia cleary has yet to truely straightened itself out economically or politically (and it appears stalled), if and when that happens (and even after) I think it is unlikely that Russia will be causing anyone else real problems.

China is perhaps the most capitalistic country in the world now. It seems like almost everything sold in America is made China. The people who run China are making tons of money on this, and they do not want anything (for example North Korea) to disrupt their economic development.

The West's biggest problems are (and will continue to be) Washington and London.

... great geeks, computer gurus and so on, instead of keeping them in. the mafia is omnipresent, whatever you say...

Great girls, though!

These are parts of Russia than I really interested in. There no reason to deal with American pigs when you pick from the best of Eastern European women: http://www.scanna.com/

It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to be rich and live in Russia, but I suspect that it would be just way too dangerous. There are other choices, like Hungary, that might be better.