your opinion about Russia?

MY4@BKA

82 posts in this topic

i agree this kind of thing happen everywhere in this world..

We have problems with fascists in the USA, but they are Republicans, Jesus-freaks and "politically-correct" {censored}, not skinheads. I have been to Germany and seen real skinheads there, it is not the same in the USA. While you might be able to find a few isolated skinheads anywhere in the USA, you would really have to work at it in most areas, and they certainly are not attacking people on a regular basis (in fact, they are probably more likely to get beat up). You are much more likely to encounter black (African) or hispanic (latino) gangs, but they really are not that widespread either and are more likely to be concerned with fighting rival gangs or dealing drugs, not espousing fascism.

The USA is not particularly "nationalistic" either, it is not like Europe where one's sense of identity is tightly linked to one's country. Americans exist in their own tiny world, they have little or no real exposure to foreign cultures and when they do they find it more amusing than threatening. On the other hand, I have heard that Russians tend to be proud.

In Russia they have 2 types of cars.

1) Very cheap Moskvitsh (kind of car u would not consider a car.What is driven by the local persons)

and

2) Mercedes Benz (Is driven by the maffia)

But they all got 1 thing common.

All the cars are bashed :huh:

We have problems with fascists in the USA, but they are Republicans, Jesus-freaks and "politically-correct" {censored}, not skinheads. I have been to Germany and seen real skinheads there, it is not the same in the USA. While you might be able to find a few isolated skinheads anywhere in the USA, you would really have to work at it in most areas, and they certainly are not attacking people on a regular basis (in fact, they are probably more likely to get beat up). You are much more likely to encounter black (African) or hispanic (latino) gangs, but they really are not that widespread either and are more likely to be concerned with fighting rival gangs or dealing drugs, not espousing fascism.

I concur... However, I think it's safe to say US's circumstances are much different. We're comparing a 200 y/o country with diversity (immigration) at the foundation with the likes of Russia. It's hard to be a fascist when everyone is so different. However, with the recent media surrounding Mexican immigration (code-name: "Undocumented" folk), the English language seems to be a very "ticklish" spot for many people to the extent that we've seen some serious (secular) actions in it's regard.

Wait a sec!!! I'm a registered Republican, Christian and a Californian... Ahhh :huh:

EDIT: Unless you want to considered racism fascism in a cultural sense. There is still much racial tension even in the aftermath of KKK's peak...

Edited by jgrimes80

In Russia they have 2 types of cars.

1) Very cheap Moskvitsh (kind of car u would not consider a car.What is driven by the local persons)

and

2) Mercedes Benz (Is driven by the maffia)

But they all got 1 thing common.

All the cars are bashed :turbin:

the cheap cars must be Lada or Volga..hohoho..the same goes for people here in NNovgorod

oh..one thing here..the internet access here is expensive ..128kbps for 1200roubles is expensive..convert that to usd you will get around 45usd per month..

I concur... However, I think it's safe to say US's circumstances are much different. We're comparing a 200 y/o country with diversity (immigration) at the foundation with the likes of Russia. It's hard to be a fascist when everyone is so different...

Of course, but a lot of people do not really understand this.

Personally, I made several social mistakes in Europe because I did not release how sensitive or serious non-American people are about these sorts of issues. For example, I embrassed someone by introducing him as my "Turkish friend" to some Germans. Even though he was in fact Turkish, he made it clear to me that referring to him as such in German company was a big "no-no".

EDIT: Unless you want to considered racism fascism in a cultural sense.
I am sure it would be easy to classify racism as a more general form of fascism. In fact, racism is almost always a prerequiste to fascism. But racism does not have the strong nationalistic overtones that is usually associated with fascism. The USA is probably the only place where you could have a real fascist movement that is not overtly racist (the "neo-cons"/Bush Jr. administration).

There is still much racial tension even in the aftermath of KKK's peak...

I am sure things are different in the ghettos of the Los Angeles (where there have been race-riots in modern times), but I would not use the word "much" to characterize the amount of racial tension in the USA generally. I would choose word "some" or "minimal" instead. American society has largely self-segerated to minimize the amount of racial tensions by minimizing the amount of inter-racial contact. I do not think that amount of racial tension present is the cause of any America's serious problems nor do I think it likely to be the cause of any major social disturbances. In short, I think it race-relations in the USA are very stable.

I have also found that some non-Americans do not really understand the "KKK" (Klu Klux Klan) either. I mean, my "Turkish friend" was actually afraid that he would have problems with the KKK if he came to the USA. He actually thought there were guys running around the USA in white sheets burning crosses and lynching people. While the "Klan" might have been something, Wikipedia seems to indicate it really died out in the 1930's, committed it's last major acts of violence in 1960's and now there are only a few thousand (who are serious losers): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan#Decline I only saw the "Klan" one time, they had a "march" and a handful of these losers showed-up. Despite massive police protection they got beaten by an enrage crowd of protesters. At one point, a black girl jumped on a "Klansman" to protect him.

I am sure things are different in the ghettos of the Los Angeles (where there have been race-riots in modern times), but I would not use the word "much" to characterize the amount of racial tension in the USA generally. I would choose word "some" or "minimal" instead. American society has largely self-segerated to minimize the amount of racial tensions by minimizing the amount of inter-racial contact. I do not think that amount of racial tension present is the cause of any America's serious problems nor do I think it likely to be the cause of any major social disturbances. In short, I think it race-relations in the USA are very stable.

I'm sure experiences will vary... I can't speak for the entire country.

In my experiences, the circles I run with, and even places I've visited... Racism plays/played a large role. The elders (mostly deceased) in my family were "losers" so that's definitely had an affect on me to the point I was racist. I came to California to find things(people in general) alot better. It took awhile, I won't lie, but eventually those instinct thoughts went away. But when I started getting into the employer role and the circles associated with it; I saw it again... mostly in the form of profiling and more specifically:redlining. I've made tried to make a conscious effort to not discriminate throughout my career. It scares the {censored} out of me to think that someone might have gotten a shorter end of a stick because of skin tone. Even worse, to have my name be a participating party.

Changes I've made, while I believe they're the right ones, have resulted in being outcasted by most of my family and friends from home... In my life, racism has made a huge impact. Fortunately, according to your counterclaim, it's not as mainstream as I thought which I consider good news.

In my experiences, the circles I run with, and even places I've visited... Racism plays/played a large role.

Fortunately, according to your counterclaim, it's not as mainstream as I thought which I consider good news.

Just to clarify my statements, I was commenting on "racial tension" not racism per se. Although they are related, whereas rasicm certainly can cause racial tension, these are distinct issues in my mind. From my perspective, there certainly is "much" rascism in mainstream America (almost entirely against blacks), especially in the lower levels of society, particular among those not college educated and those from more rural locals or areas bordering the inner-city ghettos. However, despite this rasicm, which is not usually expressed in public, I do not see "much" racial tension.

... I can't speak for the entire country.

Neither can I, but I think we know that racism varies across the country and even from community to community. For example, I know some suburban police departments that are very racist when dealing with their inner city black neighbors, others in the same area are much more liberal.

The elders (mostly deceased) in my family were "losers" so that's definitely had an affect on me to the point I was racist. I came to California to find things(people in general) alot better. It took awhile, I won't lie, but eventually those instinct thoughts went away. But when I started getting into the employer role and the circles associated with it; I saw it again... mostly in the form of profiling and more specifically:redlining. I've made tried to make a conscious effort to not discriminate throughout my career. It scares the {censored} out of me to think that someone might have gotten a shorter end of a stick because of skin tone. Even worse, to have my name be a participating party.

Changes I've made, while I believe they're the right ones, have resulted in being outcasted by most of my family and friends from home... In my life, racism has made a huge impact.

Your experience with racism sounds a little extreme. However, I look at America as being a very sick, disgusting, corrupt society that is sinking ever deeper into hypocrisy (not some idealistic, free-thinking democracy progressing toward perfection). So, I think at a personal and business level, one has every right to promote and defend their interests with reasonable prejudice. In short, it is foolish to take unnecessary risks in a hostile environment.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's a neighbouring country for me, and i'm just sad how much negative propaganda they make against us.

Everything before 1917 is ok, just after that it was turned into a behemoth that's hard to change, the only thing here is to work hard for a good life.

That's how for example South-Korea became so successful. "Cheating" will not make it possible for anything dynamic.

inimesekene ok, but I don't understand, what kind of propaganda USSR did for Estonia. Look better to Lithuania and Russian people here. This is a shame for all Baltic counties.

Check in there, i explained it in my first post. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=38392

It's got to do with a statue in the centre on Tallinn, our capital, that is to remember our "liberators," those that started the 50 year long occupation by USSR. There was even a demonstration about this in Moscow. There are being plans made to move it somewhere else. Some time ago, a monument which was designed as wearing a SS uniform was torn down from Lihula, and that's pretty much a forest over there.

May I say some words. How old are you? It seems to me, that you are too young to understand some important things. There is no reason to Russia claim Baltic countries, you have no ways of transit of oil or gas.

I’m Ukrainian, and what can I say? I of course can say, that Russians are guilty in several starvation process of millions people here in XX century. I also can say, that Russia prevented a declaration of Ukrainian republic from XVII century till USSR ends. I can also can remember Pooland, The Lithuanian Grand Duche, Dual Monarchy and so on. But all of this is a nationalistic {censored}.

You speaking about propaganda. But you couldn’t see, that those monument is really a provocation. And such things happens all the time, and I think I now why. Россия и Прибалтика – как слон и моська.

Well, daemonES you see, they are claiming they "liberated" this place, we don't think so. also USSR tore down all monuments from the first republic. You all know the story that started during WW2. In fact a huge amount of our economy is based around transiting oil from Russia. Also this place was very important in the USSR for food. There was a government that lasted for a few days, which gave us the possibility to *regain* independence(old country, after occupation), not just get it (as in new country).

Of course the Baltic countries are in EU and NATO and everything,

http://www.suntimes.com/news/osullivan/253...-osul13.article

that's a bit worrying to people...

And in response to your question, i'm 17.

It has solved many the Russian problems, for example the Chechen problem

I'm sorry mate but when did the Chechen issue go away?

Just because it's not on the news doesn't mean Russians are not killing them day and night. I have nothing (well almost) against the people but the Russian government (like many governments) is totally screwed up. And this lunatic was given even more ease to do what he wants because of the words of another lunatic, Bush.

• 2 weeks later...