[GUIDE] Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630 + Big Sur 11.0 DP1

ludufre

200 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, manmo71 said:

@ludufreFollowing your guide I came up to this point

image.png

I then Shutdown the machine and copied my EFI folder onto the EFI partition of the just installed drive.

Now the system gets stuck at this point upon boot, anyone, any clues?

IMG_20200627_125206.thumb.jpg.4ab0da46c24531ab7c0378c6c2ae64ae.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

npci=0x2000

Your EFI worked with my Asrock Z370 ITX/AC straight away. I have tried do my own configuration and tried numerous other EFI’s all gave me instant KP’s. Just got to fix my WiFi, Bluetooth and USB. Hopefully Kexts from my Catalina will help. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ludufre said:

Only the entire disk.

No, you can use one partition APFS.
When you format, this is buged, solution:
1) format paritition APFS to APFS => result: bug
2) format disk to APFS => result: good
THIS TWO STEPs IS VERY IMPORTANT

Now you can install to disk, on parititon APFS.
When install is on first configuration (after 29mins of install), shutdown virtual machine.
Create new virtual disk and plug in your virtual machine.
Restart machine virtual on ISO (installer)
In disk utility, create image of disk to your new virtual disk
extract in your macOS the vmdk where is are macOS11.dmg.
mount macOS11.dmg
dd paritition of your disk (exemple, disk28 to disk1) disk1 is APFS paritition of disks0s3 of disk0, understand ? OK !

You are okey, you can boot in your real hackintosh :)

Edited by YukiPowa
  • Like 1

Used your guide and have just about everything working. My last piece is USB-c port. 

Z370 Gaming 5 

19.1 SMbios

On this system I was coming from Clover so I'm struggling to get the USB C Port to function. 

Thanks Again for the Guide. 

Edited by Judd
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrDrumm said:

For the life of me, I can't add the physical.vmdk

1356236549_ScreenShot2020-06-27at8_58_11PM.png.c3d22ef331885611145817ec2bd706d1.png

I've redone the process 3 times, paid attention to the details (It's not THAT complicated), but getting the error every time.

there's another way of adding a disk by using terminal

To create a Raw Disk vmdk:

1. On the Mac terminal list all available disks and partitions by running this command:

diskutil list

2. Select the disk that should be used and list the partitions recognized by rawdiskCreator by running this command:

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator print /dev/disk#

Note: /dev/disk# should be one of the disk identifiers shown by diskutil list, for example /dev/disk1

3. Create a vmdk file referencing the physical disk, and save it inside the virtual machine bundle by running this command:

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk# <partNums> <virtDiskPath> ide

Notes:
    • <partNums> can be a comma-separated list of partitions to allow access to, such as "2" or "2,3". The numbers should match the output of the rawdiskCreator print command. Or to access the full disk, specify "fullDevice" instead of partition numbers. 
    • <virtDiskPath> should be a path inside the virtual machine bundle followed by a filename prefix, for example: ~/Documents/MyVM.vmwarevm/rawDiskFile

This should create rawDiskFile.vmdk and for partitioned disks – rawDiskFile-pt.vmdk

4. Edit the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file of the virtual machine and add these lines. For more information, see Editing the .vmx file for your VMware Fusion virtual machine (1014782)

ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
    ide0:0.fileName = "rawDiskFile.vmdk"
    ide0:0.deviceType = "rawDisk"
    suspend.disabled = "TRUE"

5. Change ide0:0 to sata0:3

6. Power on the Machine
Edited by cryosat7
  • Like 1

Finally I got mine working....

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-6_49.37-PM.thumb.jpg.4569b104b29ce55cba953ec58f9b67e3.jpg

Everything including my WiFi is functioning perfectly fine.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-7_09.42-PM.thumb.jpg.879e5c3f3e1cb5223965c2af3f163900.jpg

I even got my DaVinci Resolve installed and the performance is just smooth and buttery.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-7_44.27-PM.thumb.jpg.f689bb54e2f55c5350c7cc422f144e02.jpg

I am happy to get this working after a lot of struggle. I followed the guide in this forum.

These forums on IM have been a great help. I would like to thank all who helped me get here. Also all those coders and developers who are working tirelessly to get the Hackintosh community back on track.

The only thing, I am unable to currently do is get to have R/W access to NTFS drives under BS.. Up until Catalina I have been using Paragon NTFS, which does not install on Big Sur at the moment.

I am hoping that soon there will a USB installable boot loader (OC/Clover) for Big Sur and for future macOS's until hackintoshing is possible and life will be much easier and fun.

If anyone is interested in getting my EFI who has similar hardware,  here it is EFI.zip

2 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

I had this issue, because I was using OC 0.5.9

After I updated to 0.6 things worked straight away.

Thank you for that GigaMax

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-6_49.37-PM.thumb.jpg.4569b104b29ce55cba953ec58f9b67e3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-7_09.42-PM.thumb.jpg.879e5c3f3e1cb5223965c2af3f163900.jpg

I even got my DaVinci Resolve installed and the performance is just smooth and buttery.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-7_44.27-PM.thumb.jpg.f689bb54e2f55c5350c7cc422f144e02.jpg

I am happy to get this working after a lot of struggle. I followed the guide in this forum.

These forums on IM have been a great help. I would like to thank all who helped me get here. Also all those coders and developers who are working tirelessly to get the Hackintosh community back on track.

The only thing, I am unable to currently do is get to have R/W access to NTFS drives under BS.. Up until Catalina I have been using Paragon NTFS, which does not install on Big Sur at the moment.

I am hoping that soon there will a USB installable boot loader (OC/Clover) for Big Sur and for future macOS's until hackintoshing is possible and life will be much easier and fun.

If anyone is interested in getting my EFI who has similar hardware,  here it is EFI.zip

Congrats, I'm still stuck, maybe try on my Intel system.

22 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Im using a rysen system as you can see the Open option is not allowing me to continue.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 11.02.30 AM.png

Why are you selecting the bigsur.vmx.lck file?

If it is the Physical disk you are trying to add then you should Right Click on Physical.VMDK and select Quick Look to select the file.

Because you cannot left click to select it due to a bug in VMWare.

If it is the step to delete the Virtual Disk in this step

image.png

Then click the Hard Disk (SATA) icon then just click Remove Hard Disk

image.png

Thats it, then click Show All and then back to adding the  Physical Drive

Edited by manmo71
Additional Steps added

15 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

Why are you selecting the bigsur.vmx.lck file?

If it is the Physical disk you are trying to add then you should Right Click on Physical.VMDK and select Quick Look to select the file.

Because you cannot left click to select it due to a bug in VMWare.

If it is the step to delete the Virtual Disk in this step

image.png

Then click the Hard Disk (SATA) icon then just click Remove Hard Disk

image.png

Thats it, then click Show All and then back to adding the  Physical Drive

It won't let me select that Physical disk, it won't open.

If it is the Physical disk you are trying to add then you should Right Click on Physical.VMDK and select Quick Look to select the file.

Ensure that after you link the Physical Disk to the VM, you have unmounted the drive.

7 hours ago, dariuxzy said:

ok, but if instead of using VMware, I use a real mac to always install it on an external hard disk (and then use this on my laptop), is it the same thing?

Same thing.

_

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YukiPowa said:

No, you can use one partition APFS.
When you format, this is buged, solution:
1) format paritition APFS to APFS => result: bug
2) format disk to APFS => result: good
THIS TWO STEPs IS VERY IMPORTANT

Now you can install to disk, on parititon APFS.
When install is on first configuration (after 29mins of install), shutdown virtual machine.
Create new virtual disk and plug in your virtual machine.
Restart machine virtual on ISO (installer)
In disk utility, create image of disk to your new virtual disk
extract in your macOS the vmdk where is are macOS11.dmg.
mount macOS11.dmg
dd paritition of your disk (exemple, disk28 to disk1) disk1 is APFS paritition of disks0s3 of disk0, understand ? OK !

You are okey, you can boot in your real hackintosh :)

Nice that it's possible. But I didn't understand it very well. Could you explain in more detail?

1 hour ago, Judd said:

Used your guide and have just about everything working. My last piece is USB-c port. 

Z370 Gaming 5 

19.1 SMbios

On this system I was coming from Clover so I'm struggling to get the USB C Port to function. 

Thanks Again for the Guide. 

Try Hackintool to see if the USB-C port appears. Maybe You'll have to remake the USB injection.

1 hour ago, manmo71 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

About Paragon NTFS: It was the same as launching Catalina. Once I even copied the Kext NTFS from /L/E but it didn't work.

When the program opens, it asks to install.

8 minutes ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

So this doesn't work for a USB connected SATA hard drive?

For me worked with Mymax HDD case.

19 minutes ago, ludufre said:

Nice that it's possible. But I didn't understand it very well. Could you explain in more detail?

Try Hackintool to see if the USB-C port appears. Maybe You'll have to remake the USB injection.

About Paragon NTFS: It was the same as launching Catalina. Once I even copied the Kext NTFS from /L/E but it didn't work.

When the program opens, it asks to install.

For me worked with Mymax HDD case.

did you use the same procedure? Before turning on the virtual machine, did you format your disk in apfs?

2 minutes ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

did you use the same procedure? Before turning on the virtual machine, did you format your disk in apfs?

No. I format inside Virtual Machine via Disk Utility. But doesn't matter. Can do before or afterward.

3 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

It won't let me select that Physical disk, it won't open.

Do installation on Intel VM or real Mac, it doesn't matter. All you need is Vanilla Big Sur disk. You can then boot it with opencore on your Hackintosh.  

How to fix intel UHD 630 for macos big sur?  I have Catalina run without any issue with the same setup and open core.

I am stuck at multiple apple logos (8 of them) with lines on each apple logo. before the 8 apple logos showed up, it was one apple logo with progress bar. it reached to 80% then screen flashed to the multiple apple logos.

changed both 07009B3E and 00009B3E

booter-fileset-basesystem and kernal added as well.

please help!

1593301087004.jpg.23aac950b25bbc5081c4deb6e14a7a6f.jpg

Edited by markpenn

6 minutes ago, ludufre said:

@markpenn Compare your device injection with mine. If you have i7-8700k just replace with mine.

sorry, I can't .

I have i3-9100 with UHD630 

having trouble figuring out what's going on..

other than that, it seems to be a great guide. Thanks.

4 hours ago, luki1979 said:

Do installation on Intel VM or real Mac, it doesn't matter. All you need is Vanilla Big Sur disk. You can then boot it with opencore on your Hackintosh.  

I’m using Ryzen.   I think i have it now.  The physical is now loading and it’s taking a long time to copy over.    My spare drive was formatted in apfs and once I formatted to journaled it seems to be loading.   Fingers crossed!