[GUIDE] Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630 + Big Sur 11.0 DP1

ludufre

200 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

This is the exact config i am using.

config.plist

Errors in config.plist: https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=coffeelake059CTsy3I&rs=coffeelake059 (ignore the SMCBatteryManager.kext and SystemProductName error)

See: https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake-plus.html 

1 minute ago, ludufre said:

I had to make changes or else i couldn't boot Arch Linux with the above. But i will try changing them for Big Sur.

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] You forgot this. I believe that's the problem.

Ok I’ll give that a try and post back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

@ludufre

Keepsyms worked that time but still KP

opencore-2020-07-02-043058.txt

config.plist

Double check the ACPI section: https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake-plus.html#acpi

Missing _OSI to XOSI, check if you have all required SSDTs. And try everything without your DSDT.aml.

And if it still doesn't work, I don't know anymore. Perhaps a clean installation will do the trick. Something may have corrupted.

6 hours ago, ludufre said:

For some reason, the Boot didn't found the HDD. Maybe you need to start from scratch. 

Are you sure the target disk is 1? Try forcing detach...

I tried with a sata disk ant it works . But  not with a pic-express disk ( nvme ).

is it possible to create physical.vdmk from a pic express disk ? 

1 minute ago, g4fa said:

I tried with a sata disk ant it works . But  not with a pic-express disk ( nvme ).

is it possible to create physical.vdmk from a pic express disk ? 

Should. The only reason you can't get it to work is that it was in use at the time you were trying to mount. I have no other explanation.

Double check the ACPI section: https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake-plus.html#acpi

Missing _OSI to XOSI, check if you have all required SSDTs. And try everything without your DSDT.aml.

And if it still doesn't work, I don't know anymore. Perhaps a clean installation will do the trick. Something may have corrupted.

My last attempt made my Catalina install disappear so I think I’ll just wait for a clean install method. Appreciate the help.

My last attempt made my Catalina install disappear so I think I’ll just wait for a clean install method. Appreciate the help.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:27 AM, manmo71 said:

Make sure the Physical disk is unmounted. Then start the installation.

Hi, thank's. But I think I already tried that. I will however try again! Thank's!

Just a quick question. Can the above be done in an existing system where there is 2 SSD's? One SSD has Catalina and the other BS. Or the above guide is only for BS standalone, no dualboot with Catalina?

I am asking because in my Skylake system i have two SSD's. One SSD has dualboot Win 10 + Catalina. The other SSD is spare, just for storage. So was thinking i can follow your guide above to get BS installed on the spare SSD.

Secondly if installing to the spare SSD, can the existing EFI be used with the necessary changes to the config.plist?

Edited by greythorne

Ludufre:

My hack GA-Z370N-WIFI + i5-8400, running Mojave, Catalina, Win10 and now Big Sur.

Thanks for your guide. All working except sign in to App Store. Do you have the same issue? I do a search but I can’t find anyone else with that problem. iMessage, FaceTime, Music, Books and Cloud, all connect the only problem it’s the App Store.

Hi,

I have installed Big Sur on a sata disk ( 7200 rpm). Boot perfectly with open core

is it possible to clone  this disk  on a other disk ( nvme )   ? The beta of carbon copy cloner not support yet bootable clone

Thanks

Edited by g4fa

5 minutes ago, g4fa said:

Hi,

I have installed Big Sur on a sata disk ( 7200 rpm). Boot perfectly with open core

is it possible to clone  this disk  on a other disk ( nvme )   ? The beta of carbon copy cloner not support yet bootable clone

Thanks

You can use DD via Terminal. But you have to boot another system that are not running on origin and target devices. (Linux Live CD/USB, for example)

4 minutes ago, ludufre said:

You can use DD via Terminal. But you have to boot another system that are not running on origin and target devices. (Linux Live CD/USB, for example)

can you help me with the syntax please ? this disk will be bootable ? 

Thanks

Just now, g4fa said:

can you help me with the syntax please ? this disk will be bootable ? 

Thanks

If you origin and target are same size (or the target is bigger) it's ok.

The sintax looks like:

dd if=/dev/diskX of=/dev/diskY bs=32

X = origin
Y = target

Caution! If you put wrong disks can erase all your data.

Just now, ludufre said:

If you origin and target are same size (or the target is bigger) it's ok.

The sintax looks like:

dd if=/dev/diskX of=/dev/diskY bs=32

X = origin
Y = target

Caution! If you put wrong disks can erase all your data.

Sorry bit My target is smaller  , how can I do ?