ludufre

[GUIDE] Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630 + Big Sur 11.0 DP1

182 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Hi @ludufre,

Sorry for bother you, but I have questions, it is the first time that I have to use an VM to install macOS, but this as proved to give us hackintoshers a fight, that we will win for sure, but in meantime this are my questions: 1 - what is the VM That you use? 2 - why do we have to create an ISO?

Obrigado

Saudações portuguesas... 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @ludufre,

Sorry for bother you, but I have questions, it is the first time that I have to use an VM to install macOS, but this as proved to give us hackintoshers a fight, that we will win for sure, but in meantime this are my questions: 1 - what is the VM That you use? 2 - why do we have to create an ISO?

Obrigado

Saudações portuguesas... 

Are you referring to virtualization software? If so, it's VMware Fusion.

If it is which virtual machine created? I made a Custom. I updated the guide just now with the photos.

The ISO is created to install the system on the HD connected to this virtual machine.

9 minutes ago, YukiPowa said:

Hey,

You BCM94360CS2 work or not so ?

Not work for me

I'm not using that wifi in this build. I moved to my laptop: Fit BCM94360CS2 inside Lenovo L440

Maybe this weekend I'll test and update here.

Current using DW1560 with AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Edited by ludufre

For some reason the commands don't work ... as you can see below

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.04.28.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.06.40.png

Posted (edited)

when i try this command :

hdiutil detach ~/Desktop/install.sparsebundle
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory

edit :

i had to specific which desk needed to be detached

in my case 

hdiutil detach /dev/disk5s2 -force

Edited by ham4ever

1 minute ago, ham4ever said:

when i try this command :

hdiutil detach ~/Desktop/install.sparsebundle
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory

Try eject from the Finder

25 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

For some reason the commands don't work ... as you can see below

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.04.28.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.06.40.png

This bunch of <feff> shouldn't be there. Copy and paste again. It needs to be exactly as written in the guide.

Is this going to be like this rest of the betas or will we get kext injection working via bootloader, means now we are pretty much dependent to VM for now or forever

1 minute ago, kidooe said:

Is this going to be like this rest of the betas or will we get kext injection working via bootloader, means now we are pretty much dependent to VM for now or forever

Will we get kext injection working via bootloader. I believe that soon we will have compatible bootloaders.

Posted (edited)

installation is stuck for 15 mins at :

Less than a minute remaining...

do you have any idea what could the problem be ?

edit :

actually the installation was just slow , i left it for 45 mins and now is going further.

Edited by ham4ever

1 hour ago, Alex HQuest said:

Does Fusion allow the VMDK for the "raw" partition on a volume of the APFS instead of the entire disk?

Only the entire disk.

2 minutes ago, Somankr said:

Can we use external HDD?

Don’t think so. Does not work for me using USB hdd 

13 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Followed it and the Quick Look command doesn't allow the "Open" tab to turn blue.   results in this error.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 6.42.16 PM.png

I am not exactly sure, if I understand your exact problem.
I had to go over several times and even created and deleted several VM's to get this to even start install.

I always had issue connecting the physical disk with some or the other error and also sometimes while I attempt to start the VM with error's similar to yours.

Make sure you follow the guide to the T

Several times I made the mistake of missing the first line in the command below, to unmount the disk.

sudo diskutil unmountDisk diskX
/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/diskX fullDevice ~/Desktop/bigsur.vmwarevm/physical sata

Delete the existing VM and try all over again, you will eventually succeed.

I am on my way right now....Installation is in progress...

@ludufre

couldn't get passed "connect CD/DVD" after an hour of trying.

I Successfully installed Big Sur using the@MaLd0n workaround.

Gigabyte Z390 Ultra

Intel i7 9700k

Radeon 5700XT

Thanks for your help :)

1 hour ago, dariuxzy said:

I can't erase disk : VMware Virtual SATA Hard Drive Media " Could not open device 

1.png

I once faced the same problem, try restarting the machine, and before you restart VMWare, try formatting the drive.

If that fails, try unmouting the drive from terminal and then format.

Posted (edited)

@ludufreFollowing your guide I came up to this point

image.png

I then Shutdown the machine and copied my EFI folder onto the EFI partition of the just installed drive.

Now the system gets stuck at this point upon boot, anyone, any clues?

IMG_20200627_125206.thumb.jpg.4ab0da46c24531ab7c0378c6c2ae64ae.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

IMG_20200627_125206.jpg

Edited by manmo71
duplicate attachment

1 hour ago, manmo71 said:

I once faced the same problem, try restarting the machine, and before you restart VMWare, try formatting the drive.

If that fails, try unmouting the drive from terminal and then format.

ok, but if instead of using VMware, I use a real mac to always install it on an external hard disk (and then use this on my laptop), is it the same thing?

@ludufre
Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
Intel i7 9700k
Radeon 5700XT

Thanks for your help 

What is the MaLdOn workaround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@ludufre
Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
Intel i7 9700k
Radeon 5700XT

Thanks for your help 

25 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Am I allowed to post the link?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By tlefko
      Site
      checkout our official site! https://twortech.wixsite.com/pcmac Version Info
      This build is compatible up to Big Sur Beta
      Now Compatible with macOS 11 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 Latest Release Notes
      Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Improved Preformance and Power Managements Can Provide Files for Display Overrides Additional Patches for 4K Display updated for Big Sur if using unsupported wifi card disable it in bios use config.plist FIXED SLEEP WAKE BUG Exact same functionality as Catalina What Works / Does Not
      Everything works minus in-built mic Some displays may be detected as 40hz (working on fix) Notes
      Never tested USB C over Display Output, everything else works flawlessly USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 If no mouse, install all voodoo kexts using Kext Utility Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the SSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable Make sure you are using DW1560 for wifi or else KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other. BIOS Setup
      Disable Secure Boot INSTALL (VERY IMPORTANT)
      Due to structural changes in the setup of apple's Big sur, this EFI cannot boot the installer it can only boot into a system / device that has already been created and setup. To do this, you need to install Big Sur to a virtual machine (lots of guides online) and then create an dmg of that system, and restore it onto your HDD using the 'dd' command There are various guides online how to get this virtual machine setup complete. You can then use the attached EFI folder to boot and use macOS big Sur You can use this video to show you how to get your macOS pre-installed onto your hard drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMU3nhcbWHw Boot Entry Setup
      Due to the fact this BIOS is locked down pretty heavily, reccomended to use Windows to find a free tool to add UEFI boot entries Messages and Facetime
      Gnerate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of external recourses, or you can contact me for support. Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio no internal mic Credits
      MaLd0n for DSDT Patches (HUGE SHOUTOUT) Original Kext Authors Clover Team Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Donations
      Send me a coffee/beer lefkotyler@gmail.com  

*check GitHub for latest releases and faster support https://github.com/tlefko/HP-Envy-13-Big-Sur
      EFI.zip
    • By tlefko
      News
      In light of the recent WWDC, we will begin testing the functionality of our EFI on macOS 11 for this device with the latest developer preview Version Info
      Features and Overview
      Now Compatible with 10.15.6 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 Multitouch Trackpad Support 4K @60 Hz Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Preformance and Power Management Additional Patches for 4K Display updated for 15.6 rev 1 Sleep Wake is functional for some models ----if screen glitches on wake or reopen lid. If this is a bother just disable sleep. This is issue is resolved in Big Sur Bugs
      Some models may experience screen split in half. If so disable. USB devices eject (external) No Internal Mic What Works
      Everything minus sleep issue above, internal microphone. (audio is fine, headphones / usb mic fine, just not laptop mic) POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the DSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable.
      Unsupported Wifi
      Make sure you are using DW1560 or 1820a for wifi or else there is a risk of KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal all types of users. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc only to provide a completely functional system
      Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, USB, works great (not sure about DispOut) 4K model has sleep wake issues occasionally, 1080P is fully functional BIOS
      Disable Secure Boot Disable Vt-d Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application. Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to A new EFI Folder (that you create) within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Boot From USB
      Use f9, copy EFI folder to efi partition of your usb. after installation complete copy EFI to your ssd. Boot Entry Setup
      Reccomend using windows to find a tool to add a UEFI bios entry to boot EFI/Boot/bootx64 Credits
      @MaLd0n for DSDT Patches and support (HUGE SHOUTOUT) Original Kexts Authors Clover Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
      Donations
      Send me a coffee lefkotyler@gmail.com
      EFI Catalina.zip

**for latest releases and faster replies please refer to GitHub https://github.com/tlefko/HP-ENVY-13-2020-Catalina
    • By Rich_T
      My  PC is  a Dell Optiplex 790
      I am installing  Catalina then hopefully upgrading to Big Sur
      Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz (sandy bridge?)
      16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
      NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
      I have been following the guide at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/mac-install.html
      Currently I’m on step “Gathering files” I’m not to sure which SSDTs I should use for my system to work properly.

Also this will be dual booting with Windows 10 Pro
    • By imacosiris
      Hi guys
      I already have a Hack running HighSierra and Clover.
      But I think to move to Open Core and install macOS Catalina.
      I just wonder if any one have any experience with this model of Gigabyte motherboard.
      I must add I use this hack as server to share videos no need audio for example, only network and storage

My config is as follow
      Motherboard: gigabyte ga-h97m-d3h
      Processor : Intel i3 3,69 Mhz
      Memory : 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
      Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.105)

System identify as iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) 
      Current version 10.13.6

Boot drive SSD Kingston HyperX Savage SHSS37A120G

Any advice ??
      Br
    • By tlefko
      Version Info
      This build is compatible up to Big Sur Beta
      Now Compatible with macOS 11 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 MULTITOUCH TOUCHSCREEN SUPPORT Latest Release Notes
      Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Improved Preformance and Power Managements Can Provide Files for Display Overrides Additional Patches for 3K Display updated for 15.4 rev 1 if using unsupported wifi card disable it in bios use config.plist not HD520 Perfect Sleep/Wake for 1080P Model no-touch, still bugs for 3K Exact same functionality as Catalina Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, works great USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) 4K model has minor sleep wake issues occasionally, 1080P is fully functional 4K sleep has been heavily improved however and glitches are rare, fixed by reopening lid POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 If on 3K disable sleep completely for maximum stability If no mouse, install all voodoo kexts using Kext Utility Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the SSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable
      Make sure you are using DW1560 for wifi or else KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other. BIOS Setup
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting INSTALL (VERY IMPORTANT)
      Due to structural changes in the setup of apple's Big sur, this EFI cannot boot the installer it can only boot into a system / device that has already been created and setup. To do this, you need to install Big Sur to a virtual machine (lots of guides online) and then create an dmg of that system, and restore it onto your HDD using the 'dd' command There are various guides online how to get this virtual machine setup complete. You can then use the attached EFI folder to boot and use macOS big Sur You can use this video to show you how to get your macOS pre-installed onto your hard drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMU3nhcbWHw Boot Entry Setup
      Boot into the BIOS of the computer, then navigate to the Boot setup (or entries (not sure what it is called exactly, but it will be a list of the options your computer selects to boot) Click add new, and make sure the USB isn't plugged in. Select the only option that is avaiable, and in FS0 navigate to Boot/BOOTx64. Add this as an entry, then select this as whatever priority you would like. Messages and Facetime
      Gnerate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of external recourses, or you can contact me for support. Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio To resolve headphones static issue (wired) install combojack Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Donations
      Send me a coffee lefkotyler@gmail.com  
      Latest releases hosted here https://github.com/tlefko/XPS-13-9350-Big-Sur/ along with faster replies
      EFI.zip