ludufre

[GUIDE] Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630 + Big Sur 11.0 DP1

186 posts in this topic

Hi @ludufre,

Sorry for bother you, but I have questions, it is the first time that I have to use an VM to install macOS, but this as proved to give us hackintoshers a fight, that we will win for sure, but in meantime this are my questions: 1 - what is the VM That you use? 2 - why do we have to create an ISO?

Obrigado

Saudações portuguesas... 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @ludufre,

Sorry for bother you, but I have questions, it is the first time that I have to use an VM to install macOS, but this as proved to give us hackintoshers a fight, that we will win for sure, but in meantime this are my questions: 1 - what is the VM That you use? 2 - why do we have to create an ISO?

Obrigado

Saudações portuguesas... 

Are you referring to virtualization software? If so, it's VMware Fusion.

If it is which virtual machine created? I made a Custom. I updated the guide just now with the photos.

The ISO is created to install the system on the HD connected to this virtual machine.

9 minutes ago, YukiPowa said:

Hey,

You BCM94360CS2 work or not so ?

Not work for me

I'm not using that wifi in this build. I moved to my laptop: Fit BCM94360CS2 inside Lenovo L440

Maybe this weekend I'll test and update here.

Current using DW1560 with AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Edited by ludufre

For some reason the commands don't work ... as you can see below

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.04.28.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.06.40.png

Posted (edited)

when i try this command :

hdiutil detach ~/Desktop/install.sparsebundle
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory

edit :

i had to specific which desk needed to be detached

in my case 

hdiutil detach /dev/disk5s2 -force

Edited by ham4ever

1 minute ago, ham4ever said:

when i try this command :

hdiutil detach ~/Desktop/install.sparsebundle
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory

Try eject from the Finder

25 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

For some reason the commands don't work ... as you can see below

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.04.28.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-26, às 23.06.40.png

This bunch of <feff> shouldn't be there. Copy and paste again. It needs to be exactly as written in the guide.

Is this going to be like this rest of the betas or will we get kext injection working via bootloader, means now we are pretty much dependent to VM for now or forever

1 minute ago, kidooe said:

Is this going to be like this rest of the betas or will we get kext injection working via bootloader, means now we are pretty much dependent to VM for now or forever

Will we get kext injection working via bootloader. I believe that soon we will have compatible bootloaders.

Posted (edited)

installation is stuck for 15 mins at :

Less than a minute remaining...

do you have any idea what could the problem be ?

edit :

actually the installation was just slow , i left it for 45 mins and now is going further.

Edited by ham4ever

1 hour ago, Alex HQuest said:

Does Fusion allow the VMDK for the "raw" partition on a volume of the APFS instead of the entire disk?

Only the entire disk.

2 minutes ago, Somankr said:

Can we use external HDD?

Don’t think so. Does not work for me using USB hdd 

13 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Followed it and the Quick Look command doesn't allow the "Open" tab to turn blue.   results in this error.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 6.42.16 PM.png

I am not exactly sure, if I understand your exact problem.
I had to go over several times and even created and deleted several VM's to get this to even start install.

I always had issue connecting the physical disk with some or the other error and also sometimes while I attempt to start the VM with error's similar to yours.

Make sure you follow the guide to the T

Several times I made the mistake of missing the first line in the command below, to unmount the disk.

sudo diskutil unmountDisk diskX
/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/diskX fullDevice ~/Desktop/bigsur.vmwarevm/physical sata

Delete the existing VM and try all over again, you will eventually succeed.

I am on my way right now....Installation is in progress...

@ludufre

couldn't get passed "connect CD/DVD" after an hour of trying.

I Successfully installed Big Sur using the@MaLd0n workaround.

Gigabyte Z390 Ultra

Intel i7 9700k

Radeon 5700XT

Thanks for your help :)

1 hour ago, dariuxzy said:

I can't erase disk : VMware Virtual SATA Hard Drive Media " Could not open device 

1.png

I once faced the same problem, try restarting the machine, and before you restart VMWare, try formatting the drive.

If that fails, try unmouting the drive from terminal and then format.

Posted (edited)

@ludufreFollowing your guide I came up to this point

image.png

I then Shutdown the machine and copied my EFI folder onto the EFI partition of the just installed drive.

Now the system gets stuck at this point upon boot, anyone, any clues?

IMG_20200627_125206.thumb.jpg.4ab0da46c24531ab7c0378c6c2ae64ae.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

IMG_20200627_125206.jpg

Edited by manmo71
duplicate attachment

1 hour ago, manmo71 said:

I once faced the same problem, try restarting the machine, and before you restart VMWare, try formatting the drive.

If that fails, try unmouting the drive from terminal and then format.

ok, but if instead of using VMware, I use a real mac to always install it on an external hard disk (and then use this on my laptop), is it the same thing?

@ludufre
Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
Intel i7 9700k
Radeon 5700XT

Thanks for your help 

What is the MaLdOn workaround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@ludufre
Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
Intel i7 9700k
Radeon 5700XT

Thanks for your help 

25 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Am I allowed to post the link?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

El Capitan 10.11.6 -> Big Sur 11 - Windows 10

What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound (all ports) USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) ASUS HyperKit and M.2 with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB Hardware decoding/encoding on both HD 530 and RX 5700 (HD 530 up to HEVC, RX 5700 at the time of writing VP9) iGPU only (with QuickSync) is used in the default config.plist To use dGPU for hw decode/encode and also use Intel QuickSync you need to start with "config_headless.plist" This will use iMac17,2 SMBIOS and shikigva=80 To use dGPU only boot with "config_amd.plist" also disable iGPU completely in BIOS. This will use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS without iGPU System Integrity Protection is Enabled by default. If you need to boot with SIP disabled you may use "config_debug.plist" or disable it manually in Clover settings. If you want Enabled SIP but with allowing unsigned kexts you may boot with "CsrActiveConfig = 0x01"  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: (This is for HD 530 in headless) Primary Display: Auto (to use dGPU only this must be PEG) iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled (to use dGPU only this must be Disabled) RC6(Render Standby): Enabled (to use dGPU only this must be Disabled) DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5126): Click here -> Z170-DELUXE_Clover_v5126.zip (Tested: El Capitan 10.11.6 -> macOS Big Sur 11.0.1)  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia, gibMacOS - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager, gibMacOS) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

El Capitan 10.11.6

Sierra 10.12.6

High Sierra 10.13.6

Mojave 10.14.6

Catalina 10.15.7

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Useful Applications for Mac:
      EFI Mountain Show -> To easily mount your EFI Clover Configurator -> To easily manage your config.plist https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/ PlistEditPro -> Advanced plist editor https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/ iStat Menus -> To monitoring your devices https://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/ Boom 3D -> To significantly increase your audio quality https://www.globaldelight.com/boom/ TextMate -> a basic code editor just like Notepad++ on Windows https://macromates.com Modified Wineskin to run basic Windows 32-bit or 64-bit (or DX9 games) applications on Catalina -> https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/fobx5t/i_didnt_want_to_boot_windows_every_time_when_i/ MaciASL -> View/Edit your .aml, .dsl files https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/ Hackintool -> All useful info, tools in one place https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool IORegistryExplorer V2.1 -> To view your IO tables https://github.com/vulgo/IORegistryExplorer/releases/tag/v2.1 App Cleaner -> To delete your apps with caches https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ Intel Power Gadget -> To see your frequencies https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget Carbon Copy Cloner -> Advanced macOS drive backup utility https://bombich.com Commander One ->A Total Commander alternative for macOS https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html  
      Useful Applications for Windows:
      Total Commander -> To easily manage EFI https://www.ghisler.com gibMacOS -> A python script for downloading/creating macOS Internet Recovery USB from Windows (working internet is needed when installing) https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS mountvol b: /s -> To mount your system drive EFI
      EasyUEFI -> To manage boot orders and any bootloaders with ease https://www.easyuefi.com/index.html
      MiniTool Partition Wizard -> To mount your USB EFI, and manage other drives https://www.minitool.com/partition-manager/
      Notepad++ -> Basic code editor for all type of files https://notepad-plus-plus.org

Notes:
      According to @albertoacj's comment Sidecar is only working in headless iGPU mode when using an AMD GPU, keep that in mind No need to change anything inside Clover from El Capitan to Big Sur For macOS Mojave and older you might need the full AirPortBrcmFixup.kext for full WiFi support   
      Changelog:
      2020.11.12: Noticed that the CPU is always at 4200 Mhz, created an SSDT for proper CPU stepping. Updated to Big Sur release version, updated bootpack
      2020.11.03: Tested El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
      2020.11.01: Updated bootpack to Clover v5126, ready for macOS 11 Big Sur final release
      2020.04.23: Corrected layout-id to use all audio ports, updated bootpack
      2020.04.22: Deleted unnecessary boot-args, can boot without any custom boot-args (except agdpmod=pikera for RX 5700), updated bootpack
      2020.04.20: Deleted unnecessary lines from config.plist, updated bootpack
      2020.04.17: Replaced FakeSMC with VirtualSMC because FakeSMC is outdated (to see your frequencies use Intel Power Gadget) -> Removed unnecessary kexts, Updated all necessary kexts, updated Clover to v5112, updated bootpack, enabled SIP, deleted bootcamp theme
      2020.03.26: Updated to 10.15.4 -> Updated WhateverGreen, Lilu -> Updated Clover to v5107
      2020.03.23: Removed "EmuVariableUefi.efi" -> deleted, caused false nvram map, now it's native, updated Clover to v5106
      2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By ltooz_audis
      I've installed Big Sur on HP Envy 13 i7-7500u HD620 KabyLake with DW1560 using OpenCore 0.6.4. Everything is working.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt5kxvrWNY
      Cheers,
      Louis
    • By tonyx86
      **********************************************************************************
      In this thread, I have fully documented the installation of macOS Catalina on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini. It is a PERFECT HackMini8,1 and is running very well for me without any issues. I hope this documentation helps you to install macOS on your hack. Please leave feedback if you think there is anything I can improve and let me know if you have any questions.
      **********************************************************************************

Background
      This is my first "modern" hack supporting UEFI and my first hack using Clover "on-the-fly" patches.  My previous hacks
      Laptop: Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 / Nvidia G3100m Desktop: Gigabyte G31 / GeForce 9600 Desktop: Biostar TH55HD / Sapphire Pulse RX580 (Google "Catalina Biostar TH55HD" and look for user name deeveedee)  
      are all perfectly running Catalina and I patched them all "manually" - all DSDT patches applied with MaciSL with virtually no Clover on-the-fly patching and all booted Legacy Clover.  This UEFI hack was MUCH easier and took about 20 hours vs. a combined hundreds of hours for the old hacks.  I wanted a hack that was a little more future proof and I think this is it.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it.  It is a perfect MacMini8,1.

My system specs
      HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM) 3 x DP Ports (connected to monitors using DP -> DVI adapters) 6 x USB 3.1 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 2 x NVMe SSD (M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo ports) 1 x SATA6 SSD 1 x Intel Ethernet RJ-45 Conexant CX20632 Audio Codec Unsupported M.2 PCIe x1 2230 Intel Wi-Fi.  A possible solution is here, but I am NOT offering any support for this.  
      macOS Installation 
      Important: You MUST BE LOGGED-IN to download attachments from this forum
      See macOS installation steps here See Known Issues here for additional installation steps that may not yet be included in my attached config files See CLOVER (UEFI) installation later in this first post
      See OC (UEFI) draft EFI here
      See BIOS configuration in attached BIOS configuration PDF document
      See EFI and /L/E kexts in attached EliteDesk.zip archive See how I developed my installation methodology here See references here See instructions here for installing two M.2 2280 NVMe SSDs and one SATA HD / SSD  
      What is not working
      Microphone port  
      What is not tested
      USB c 3.1 port (I have partially tested the USB 3 functionality of the port and it seems to be working fine with the USBPorts.kext in the attached EliteDesk800.zip archive) Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (intentional since I have not yet replaced my Intel card). A possible solution is here, but I am not offering any support for this.

What is working
      Everything not mentioned above Sleep / Wake Multiple displays with IGPU graphics acceleration, hot pluggable display ports and DP->DVI adapters USB 3.1 ports Audio (internal speaker and headphone jack) Ethernet  
      Known Issues and their solutions - see here

BIOS Version / Configuration
      Version: 02.11.01 Rev.A or 02.12.00 Rev.A or 02.14.01 Rev.A See attached BIOS configuration in PDF document "HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf" Intel ME must be enabled for proper sleep / wake of UHD 630

Clover Configuration
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP UEFI Drivers Recommended drivers DataHubDxe FSInject SMCHelper File System drivers ApfsDriverLoader VBoxHfs Memory fix drivers OcQuirks (replaces AptioMemoryFix) Additional drivers NvmExpressDxe Install RC scripts on target volume Themes Choose your desired theme Install Clover Preference Pane (option not available when installing on USB thumb drive)  
      UHD 630 Framebuffer Patching
      See here and here to understand my graphics properties for use with WhateverGreen.kext Read this to see my attempt at graphics patching without WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) to get a better understanding of what WEG is doing

Current Versions
      Catalina 10.15.7 Clover (UEFI) r5122 Lilu.kext 1.4.9 WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.4 AppleALC.kext 1.5.4 IntelMausi.kext 1.0.4 (acidanthera version) EFIChecikDisabler.kext 0.5  
      ScreenShots

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf
      EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini - CLOVER Rev 1.4.zip
    • By fantomas
      In Big Sur Apple decided to exempt many of its apps from being routed thru the frameworks they now require 3rd-party firewalls to use (LuLu, Little Snitch, etc.)

Q: Could this be (ab)used by malware to also bypass such firewalls?

A: Apparently yes, and trivially so.

twitter

View full article