[GUIDE] Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh

deeveedee
874 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, deeveedee said:

@ShanerWarner This thread is for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 and G5 Mini.  This solution does not work for the G3 or G3 Mini.  Look at this thread where I helped someone to get their G3 Mini working (my user name was tonyx86 at that time).  Note that the solution in this thread is for the HP Prodesk G3 Mini.  At the very least, it should provide you with hints for your rig.

EDIT: I have personally experienced. problems when using Samsung NVMe SSDs in this HackMini.  I don't recommend them since I believe there are better options, although I'm sure it's possible to use Samsung.  See this.

@deeveedee So I crosschecked the config.plist and made the necessary changes and managed to install Catalina on a normal HDD and not an SSD since you mentioned that Samsung SSD's have issues. Also another problem I noticed was the Display going blank, Mouse pointer was visible and moving, Had to remove the DP Port cable and reinsert it to get the Desktop Back on. Any solution to this?

Also Any recommended 250GB Budget Nvme that I could Purchase?

It would be great if we posted G3 questions in the G3 thread.  Also, I've been kind of a broken record about this and apologize to everyone for repeating myself.  Please post sanitized EFIs when asking questions.  My mind reading skills are not what they used to be.

Edited by deeveedee

39 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

It would be great if we posted G3 questions in the G3 thread.  Also, I've been kind of a broken record about this and apologize to everyone for repeating myself.  Please post sanitized EFIs when asking questions.  My mind reading skills are not what they used to be.

Extreme sorry, i thought since the post was here to continue it here

@Stefano Pugliese Yes - that is how you enable audio over DP.  Remove No-hda-gfx.  Removal of No-hda-gfx is mentioned in the instructions and in the Known Issues.  Be sure to thoroughly read the Instructions and read the Known Issues where you will find information about no-hda-gfx and other very useful information. 

Note: As you'll read in Known Issues, I needed to add No-hda-gfx device property so that my hack would wake from sleep without a Kernel panic.  This is because I use an adapter (DP->DVI) and I believe it was also true for those using DP->HDMI. It may no longer be necessary, as there may have been fixes in WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext or macOS.  Those who experience a Kernel panic when waking from sleep may need to keep the No-hda-gfx DeviceProperty.

Edited by deeveedee

For those who are feeling a little adventurous, try this and let us know if you notice any difference in the behavior of your HackMini.   The EFI that I attached to Post #1 already has device DMAC injected in ACPI.  It will be nice to know if this change (enabling VT-d in BIOS and disabling DisableIoMapper quirk) works on the EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini and on the EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini.  It will also be nice to know if changing these VT-d settings makes any difference for us.  Apparently, the differences that we should notice would be specific to networking, but I'm not sure if that includes Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

8 hours ago, Stefano Pugliese said:

@Jazzoo

I have a problem with bluetooth of my Intel 8260NGW
Wifi works, but bluetooth not
In the bios setup guide I read to disable M2 USB/Bluetooth........Have I to enable it to enable bluetooth functionality ?
What I have to edit in the info.plist (USBPorts.kext)?

Is that on Big Sur ? Wifi/BT M.2 in bios should be enabled. Do you have IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext placed in EFI/OC/Kexts ?

Info.plist 

image.png.1a5e062582e94c68e651f9ccee9a849b.png

Let's discuss the Wifi/BT related problems in the following thread:

Thank you!

Edited by Jazzoo
  • Thanks 1

@Stefano Pugliese Thank you for pointing out the ambiguity in the instructions.  I have added the following to the instructions for those who are using Bluetooth.

The BIOS configuration instructions attached to Post #1 indicate that M.2 USB / Bluetooth is disabled.  Enable M.2 / USB Bluetooth in BIOS if you are using Bluetooth.

Please debug Intel - specific Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues in another thread and please post your EFI if you have questions that are specific to your Open Core configuration.  Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jazzoo said:

Is that on Big Sur ? Wifi/BT M.2 in bios should be enabled. Do you have IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext placed in EFI/OC/Kexts ?

Info.plist 

image.png.1a5e062582e94c68e651f9ccee9a849b.png

Let's discuss the Wifi/BT related problems in the following thread:

Thank you!

The kexts you wrote are loaded and enabled..........the SO is Monterey
I will ask in the thread you linked
Thank You

Edited by Stefano Pugliese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Stefano Pugliese Thank you for pointing out the ambiguity in the instructions.  I have added the following to the instructions for those who are using Bluetooth.

The BIOS configuration instructions attached to Post #1 indicate that M.2 USB / Bluetooth is disabled.  Enable M.2 / USB Bluetooth in BIOS if you are using Bluetooth.

Please debug Intel - specific Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues in another thread and please post your EFI if you have questions that are specific to your Open Core configuration.  Thank you.

It seems there are some errors on my config reported by OC Auxiliary tools...............But I don't know if they are important or notconfig.plist

OCS: No schema for Strategy at 6 index, context <Block>!

OCS: No schema for CustomPciSerialDevice at 5 index, context <Quirks>!

OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 11 index, context <Quirks>!

OCS: No schema for LogModules at 5 index, context <Debug>!

OCS: Missing key SerialInit, context <Debug>!

OCS: Missing key AllowNvramReset, context <Security>!

OCS: Missing key AllowToggleSip, context <Security>!

OCS: No schema for Serial at 5 index, context <Misc>!

OCS: No schema for FullNvramAccess at 5 index, context <Tools>!

OCS: No schema for FullNvramAccess at 5 index, context <Tools>!

OCS: Missing key LegacyEnable, context <NVRAM>!
OCS: No schema for LoadEarly at 3 index, context <Drivers>!

Serialisation returns 15 errors!

I started my hack with your EFI attached in first post

1 hour ago, Stefano Pugliese said:

It seems there are some errors on my config reported by OC Auxiliary tools...............But I don't know if they are important or notconfig.plist

I started my hack with your EFI attached in first post

@Stefano Pugliese I ran OC 0.8.5  ocvalidate on the config.plist that I attached to Post #1 and there are no errors.

Spoiler

1811602898_ScreenShot2022-10-11at4_32_15PM.png.31ef7616f09e64c22ac077b27d5737e5.png

If there are errors in your config.plist now, then they were introduced after you downloaded and edited the file.  I don't use OCAT (I use Xcode) for exactly this reason.  There is an OCAT thread somewhere in this forum, so if you believe there are bugs in OCAT, I would recommend posting your findings in that thread.

Edited by deeveedee

@Stefano Pugliese   I'm not an OCAT user, but it looks like you may be enabling multiple USBPorts.kexts.  I have included multiple USBPorts.kext (USBPorts.kext, USBPorts-noHS14.kext and USBPorts16.kext) so that you have examples to work with.  Only USBPorts.kext should be enabled in your config.plist, but the other two kexts can still be in your Kexts folder.

You'll notice that in the config.plist that I provide in my EFI attached to Post #1, only USBPorts.kext is enabled in the config.plist.  If your config.plist has added and enabled the other two USBPorts.kexts, that is a mistake.

You'll learn more about this in the instructions that I posted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Stefano Pugliese   I'm not an OCAT user, but it looks like you may be enabling multiple USBPorts.kexts.  I have included multiple USBPorts.kext (USBPorts.kext, USBPorts-noHS14.kext and USBPorts16.kext) so that you have examples to work with.  Only USBPorts.kext should be enabled in your config.plist, but the other two kexts can still be in your Kexts folder.

You'll notice that in the config.plist that I provide in my EFI attached to Post #1, only USBPorts.kext is enabled in the config.plist.  If your config.plist has added and enabled the other two USBPorts.kexts, that is a mistake.

You'll learn more about this in the instructions that I posted.

Thanks for the explanation

• 2 weeks later...