Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

The Option to OpenCore in this forked version where, simply the user has the ability to use less in configuring and believe it when we say there is a ton of to choose from to find the
right combination. One spends less time configuring and writing.

What is needed to dual boot Windows?  OSI statement in all SSDT's and in the DSDT along with a patch
that says OSI to XOSI in Patch.  

However OpenCore does not rely on the user making a custom DSDT, and relies on the user to make SSDT's with

OSI in the SSDT's and the patch in Patch. This is on the user to do. A to do list.

I run three Windows Versions with no MacOS on a Desktop with no SSDT's and DSDT using this Version. 

Simple.

As you may have encountered when running more than 1 Windows that the boot manager has to reboot the machine to boot the selected other Windows.

This can be remedied by using OpenCore or Clover or OpenCore Mod.

OpenCore MOD allows one to not have to install SSDT's in ACPI along with a list of patches for the hardware by

adding a single Quirk in two places: ACPI > Quirks and Booter > Quirks.

EnableForAll set to false or disabled depending on the editor one is using.

Simple

Then Windows does not reboot every time to boot the selected other Windows. Saves energy as well as hardware having to reboot.

The recycling of wears down the hardware especially on reboots and boots.   MTBF's -- mean time scenario.  The hardware doesn't last forever in the state you bought it, it declines with the use.

How many reboots are necessary to get a running machine?  Can't keep tabs on each reboot would have to buy notebooks to write each time.

But in the machine every boot is noted and taken in firmware and can be extracted to view. Some software exists to do this and 
some Bios actually have this information readily available. Windows, I don't recall where has this also. MacOS as well.

You can view how many times the machine has booted including reboots.

With NVME' storage, you can also view their percentages to failure. MTBF. 

When it hits 50% it is slower than a turtle.  Most NVME's now days is rated between 3 and 5 years till kaputs. 

Writing back and forth here and there. HDD drives last longer but are slow.

So with these scenarios, in mind, wouldn't it be better smarter to use a bootloader that is quite simply a good choice all around?

Ingenious idea. No need to write SSDT's with OSI statements and a patch.

Peace out

Enjoy your hacky

On 4/18/2020 at 5:30 PM, n.d.k said:

Sure, will add an option somewhere..

PS.  Fork Only:  Added an optional field Misc->Boot->SkipCustomEntryCheck.  (Others without the problem, no need to add it)

337762990_ScreenShot2020-04-18at10_55_02AM.thumb.png.7cd04914a8d9a03eba998fbcbd5d463c.png

Please add this info to main post in the thread

@btwise at the moment the build_oc does not work anymore from your Gitee sources. Also oc.sh writes fatal: unable to access 'https://codechina.csdn.net/btwise/audk.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired. Please help.

18 minutes ago, Planet X said:

@btwise at the moment the build_oc does not work anymore from your Gitee sources. Also oc.sh writes fatal: unable to access 'https://codechina.csdn.net/btwise/audk.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired. Please help.

only use build_oc to build

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Planet X said:

8 hours ago, btwise said:

I can't build too. Even using build_oc.tool

See message in spolier windows

Spoiler

在 Darwin 平台上构建

校验mtoc的hash值....

主工具链是: XCODE5 |  架构:X64

fatal: unable to access 'https://codechina.csdn.net/btwise/audk.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

更新UDK子模块内容,资源文件较大,根据你的网速会有不同的完成速度,请耐心等候...

./build_oc.tool: line 725:  1131 Terminated: 15          star $! git "$@"  (wd: ~/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK)

正在设置EDK工作空间...

Testing...

构建EDK环境....

./build_oc.tool: line 837:  1264 Terminated: 15          star $! make "$@"

----------------------------------------------------------------

开始编译...

使用 XCODE5 工具链和??志在 DEBUG 版本中为 X64 架构构建 OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc ...

构建失败!

Build environment: macOS-10.15.7-x86_64-i386-64bit

Build start time: 09:40:08, Dec.10 2022

WORKSPACE        = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK

EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/BaseTools

CONF_PATH        = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/Conf

PYTHON_COMMAND   = /usr/bin/python3

Processing meta-data .

Architecture(s)  = X64

Build target     = DEBUG

Toolchain        = XCODE5

Active Platform          = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc

build.py...

/Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc(164): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/MdeModulePkg/Library/BaseVariableFlashInfoLib/BaseVariableFlashInfoLib.inf

- Failed -

Build end time: 09:40:09, Dec.10 2022

Build total time: 00:00:02

./build_oc.tool: line 355:  1458 Terminated: 15          star $! build "$@"

[Opération terminée]

11 hours ago, btwise said:

That's what I tried in first place. I was searching for the cause and the real error as I cannot read Chinese. But as also stated by @Matgen84 it does not work either.

Please fix. I usually don't use those tools for update OC as they often have mistakes and mess with my .conf file. I want to build and update the manual way. That also helps to understand what has been changed with those releases.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Planet X said:

That's what I tried in first place. I was searching for the cause and the real error as I cannot read Chinese. But as also stated by @Matgen84 it does not work either.

Please fix. I usually don't use those tools for update OC as they often have mistakes and mess with my .conf file. I want to build and update the manual way. That also helps to understand what has been changed with those releases.

Please re-download the local repository compilation when I did not update the resources, today I updated the UDK version, there was an error at that time, just when you tried to compile

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, btwise said:

Please re-download the local repository compilation when I did not update the resources, today I updated the UDK version, there was an error at that time, just when you tried to compile

Thank you, but it still does not work yet.

image.thumb.png.d92c2758c29fd22ec8f4a4eb1d51e55e.png

1 hour ago, btwise said:

@btwise

Build commit cbf8a1c74fccac178d12de13531c962392dcb32b : OK

Build commit 76e56b6b81ade973ad5bc69bc74217f8a1ce7c13 : NO

Build commit 202735d898d97a5fc76eb87c93159f4f8b490db3 : NO

11 hours ago, Mirone said:

Same Here:

File.png.57f188f77570bec88e9d5c209f08c1fe.png

rm -rf UDK,try it

12 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@btwise

yeah,last commit is right

On 12/10/2022 at 3:46 AM, Matgen84 said:

I can't build too. Even using build_oc.tool

See message in spolier windows

Hide contents

在 Darwin 平台上构建

校验mtoc的hash值....

主工具链是: XCODE5 |  架构:X64

fatal: unable to access 'https://codechina.csdn.net/btwise/audk.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

更新UDK子模块内容,资源文件较大,根据你的网速会有不同的完成速度,请耐心等候...

./build_oc.tool: line 725:  1131 Terminated: 15          star $! git "$@"  (wd: ~/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK)

正在设置EDK工作空间...

Testing...

构建EDK环境....

./build_oc.tool: line 837:  1264 Terminated: 15          star $! make "$@"

----------------------------------------------------------------

开始编译...

使用 XCODE5 工具链和??志在 DEBUG 版本中为 X64 架构构建 OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc ...

构建失败!

Build environment: macOS-10.15.7-x86_64-i386-64bit

Build start time: 09:40:08, Dec.10 2022

WORKSPACE        = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK

EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/BaseTools

CONF_PATH        = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/Conf

PYTHON_COMMAND   = /usr/bin/python3

Processing meta-data .

Architecture(s)  = X64

Build target     = DEBUG

Toolchain        = XCODE5

Active Platform          = /Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc

build.py...

/Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc(164): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/mathieu/OC_NOACPI/OpenCorepkg/UDK/MdeModulePkg/Library/BaseVariableFlashInfoLib/BaseVariableFlashInfoLib.inf

- Failed -

Build end time: 09:40:09, Dec.10 2022

Build total time: 00:00:02

./build_oc.tool: line 355:  1458 Terminated: 15          star $! build "$@"

[Opération terminée]

@Matgen84 @Planet Xhave you tried adding ip addresses to the /etc/hosts?

I was informed that to use Chinese repos need something called SwitchHosts.exe/SwitchHosts 

Mac and Windows versions

https://github.com/oldj/SwitchHosts/releases

I posted this App here, and how to use it translated the instructions from ING

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/354846-ocat-and-opencore-mod-btwise-version/

Give it a try and see if this solves the problem?

I would imagine perhaps china doesn't want hackers invading their servers.  

Edited by makk
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:50 PM, Mirone said:

@btwise I tried what you suggested but the problem still occurs.

Maybe it's caused by our server not being properly accessed by your network!

2 minutes ago, btwise said:

I don't want to put the repository on github because I don't have good access to github  and I don't want to cause unnecessary trouble!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 5:01 AM, btwise said:

I don't want to put the repository on github because I don't have good access to github  and I don't want to cause unnecessary trouble!

I have translated the message from build_oc.tool : 开始下载/更新UDK
资源,资源文件较大, 根据你的网速会有不同的完成速度, 请耐心等候 does mean:
tart downloading/updating UDK Resources, resource files are large, depending on your network speed, there will be different completion speeds, please wait patiently

So this build file will download UDK from a different server. I see a UDK map is appearing in the OpenCore_NO_ACPI repo directory but it also disappears after a few seconds again. 

Do you think that we will be able to build it again in the future? 

Edited by Planet X
map = directory
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, btwise said:

I don't know if that would be the problem, because in the previous version (0.8.7) I managed to compile from your repository without any problem, I will try some things as soon as possible and I will share here if I have any success.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mirone said:

I don't know if that would be the problem, because in the previous version (0.8.7) I managed to compile from your repository without any problem, I will try some things as soon as possible and I will share here if I have any success.

My OpenCore source file and UDK are not in the same git repository, you can use git clone to download to test whether the UDK repository can be downloaded completely, if it is not normal, it is limited

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, Matgen84 said:

@btwise

@btwise

Since OC developer upgrade to edk-stable-202211: I have issues. Can't build !

This afternoon, I update my local nasm to 2.15.05 (usr/local/bin) 🙂 Now I can build Opencore smoothly 😇

I hope that everything will be fine, for me, in the next few days

On 12/16/2022 at 12:18 AM, Matgen84 said:

@btwise

Since OC developer upgrade to edk-stable-202211: I have issues. Can't build !

This afternoon, I update my local nasm to 2.15.05 (usr/local/bin) 🙂 Now I can build Opencore smoothly 😇

I hope that everything will be fine, for me, in the next few days

oh,maybe my version of NASM has been relatively new, so I haven't had problems, others if can't compile, try to update the relevant compilation components

Edited by btwise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, btwise said:

oh,maybe my version of NASM has been relatively new, so I haven't had problems, others if can't compile, try to update the relevant compilation components

I did that and it did not help. I have already let you know that the oscine step out from your branch does not work to download the UDK because of an expired ssl certificate. That is the error: 'https://codechina.csdn.net/btwise/audk.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired.
Also others already mentioned that in the comments of your repo. May be the oschina repos are not ins your hands and we need to wait until somebody has updated the certificates? 

35 minutes ago, Planet X said:

I did that and it did not help. I have already let you know that the oscine step out from your branch does not work to download the UDK because of an expired ssl certificate. That is the error: 'https://codechina.csdn.net/btwise/audk.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired.
Also others already mentioned that in the comments of your repo. May be the oschina repos are not ins your hands and we need to wait until somebody has updated the certificates? 

please use url https://gitcode.net/btwise/audk.git/ try it

Edited by btwise