AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Just now, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 your a clever Clued up man, any ideas Why he’s Sidecar isn’t working for him?

@AudioGod thanks Bro, you too. I don't have a iPad iOs 13+, so I can't test. But I've found a tutorial to solve (maybe) this problem on Appletoolbox.com

I sent you the link via MP :)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Your setup is the same as mine other then I use the nitro 5700xt but it’s exactly the same bar the cooler and Sidecar is working perfectly over here but only under smbios 19,1. Using 1,1 makes Sidecar dead.

erm (thinking) have you tried using Sidecar via a lightning cable?

if so was it the same thing?

also try removing airportfixup.kext from the kext folder in the EFI and see if that helps?

if you have it already removed then put it back and try with it.

my efi/clover/kext/other doesnt have airportbcmfixup originally, so i tried putting the kext in and reboot. 1st reboot hackintosh freezed. then used hard reset button, and all good, but still failed to connect

difference between mine and your RX EFI is my kext folder has smcprocessor + smcsuperio kext and my driver/UEFI folder has emuvariable64.efi + virtualsmc.efi

all else the same. i also upgraded z390 bios to f10

any other suggestion?

Ok so as a test can you try using my Efi in vanilla form please?

you don’t need to emulate the nvram and you certainly don’t need to use VirtualSMC.efi

you also don’t use the rx EFI for the 5700 xt. The Rx Efi is Polaris only so please use this EFI Instead.

Z390 Master Vega-Navi EFI.zip

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time.

Use the unlocked MSR Bios profile if you can and untick kernelPM in the clover config if you do use it.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ok so as a test can you try using my Efi in vanilla form please?

you don’t need to nvram and you certainly don’t need to use VirtualSMC.efi

you also don’t use the rx EFI for the 5700 xt. The Rx Efi is Polaris only so please use this EFI Instead.

Z390 Master Vega-Navi EFI.zip

i got kernel panic memory error with your efi folder. just like aptio memory error

9 minutes ago, l35l33 said:

i got kernel panic memory error with your efi folder. just like aptio memory error

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time.

Use the unlocked MSR Bios profile if you can and untick kernelPM in the clover config if you do use it.

as soon as you do the bios reset it will resolve it.

So save your bios as a profile and do a full bios reset and this will totally clear out your native nvram and the failure to allocate memory will be gone once and for all.

@l35l33 also do this too

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

MSR Unlocked.zip

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

i got these files on my patched acpi folder, i dont remember where i downloaded these files

maybe before i use your kext and driver folder. do you happen to know if these files messing with the sidecar feature?

thx

SSDT-PNLF.dsl

SSDT-USBX.aml

SSDT-EC.aml

i also got usbmap.kext in my kext folder, maybe corresponding to the aml files

USBMap.kext.zip

6 minutes ago, l35l33 said:

i got these files on my patched acpi folder, i dont remember where i downloaded these files

maybe before i use your kext and driver folder. do you happen to know if these files messing with the sidecar feature?

thx

SSDT-PNLF.dsl

SSDT-USBX.aml

SSDT-EC.aml

i also got usbmap.kext in my kext folder, maybe corresponding to the aml files

USBMap.kext.zip

don’t use any of these files bro, 

only use what’s in my Efi and nothing more for now please or it’s not going to work.

i have a dsdt and ssdt that does all the work within clover so again just use my Efi in vanilla form and read the posts I put above for unlocking MSR and bios resetting and give it a try.

trust me brother, it will work :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

as soon as you do the bios reset it will resolve it.

So save your bios as a profile and do a full bios reset and this will totally clear out your native nvram and the failure to allocate memory will be gone once and for all.

@l35l33 also do this too

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

MSR Unlocked.zip

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again

so i dont need to load my bios profile, i'll just use your msr unlocked profile, correct ?

• Like 1

Just now, l35l33 said:

so i dont need to load my bios profile, i'll just use your msr unlocked profile, correct ?

exactly yes, only use my files and my files alone. Don’t add anything extra or do anything different.

follow my steps and give it a whirl :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

exactly yes, only use my files and my files alone. Don’t add anything extra or do anything different.

follow my steps and give it a whirl :thumbsup_anim:

sorry for the long wait

ok, i've reset the bios, have to take out the gpu to take out bios battery

then enter bios and load your msr unlocked

i changed the igpu to enabled with 64M as my original setting

boot into mac

reenter my original smbios serial number, board id, uuid, etc

reboot

relogin my apple id and cloud

reboot

now everything is as it was

bluetooth and wifi works, airport works 

but i still cant connect to my ipad

now, my hackintosh doesnt even see my ipad, as with my previous efi

on the top menu bar the ipad icon doesnt even show up

i tried to

what now? lol...

i tried connecting my ipad with lightning cable and the bluetooth icon on the top menu bar recognize my ipad.

but when i open sidecar the device box is greyed out

one thing i noticed is that when i load your msr unlocked profile, my rgb is synchronized, as in my cooling and led strips all light up green

before, my cooling was yellow and led strip was blue

so, i guess its possible to control led light via bios ?

Just now, AudioGod said:

What iPad is it year and Gen wise?

its the 1st gen ipad pro and 1st gen pencil

Just now, l35l33 said:

one thing i noticed is that when i load your msr unlocked profile, my rgb is synchronized, as in my cooling and led strips all light up green

before, my cooling was yellow and led strip was blue

so, i guess its possible to control led light via bios ?

you just need to redo them in windows. its just using my colour theme...lol...sorry about that :hysterical:

Just now, AudioGod said:

you just need to redo them in windows. its just using my colour theme...lol...sorry about that :hysterical:

yes, i also dual boot with win10 using gigabyte rgb fusion app, but everytime i shut down my pc, the led color default back to factory setting

how did u manage to save the setting in bios? 

as in even my mobo would light up orange (original aorus theme)

however, my dram remain off.

is there a way to light up the dram without entering windows?

6 minutes ago, l35l33 said:

yes, i also dual boot with win10 using gigabyte rgb fusion app, but everytime i shut down my pc, the led color default back to factory setting

how did u manage to save the setting in bios? 

Ahhhh yes what you have to do is within fusion there’s a overall colour change page from there you select your colour scheme and it sticks. It won’t work from within where you personalise parts of the board only from the page I’m referring too. Il boot into windows in a moment for you and take a screen shot so you can see where I mean.

Have a look though this about Sidecar bro as I don’t think it’s a EFI problem at this point, specially if you are now using my EFI in its true form.

https://appletoolbox.com/sidecar-not-working-in-ipados-and-macos-how-to-fix-sidecar-problems/

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

i see..

update : now the ipad icon on the top menu bar has reappear

it seems apple needs to resynchronize my devices

also in the system pref sidecar my ipad has reappeared on the device list

but i still cant connect to my ipad... lol

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ahhhh yes what you have to do is within fusion there’s a overall colour change page from there you select your colour scheme and it sticks. It won’t work from within where you personalise parts of the board only from the page I’m referring too. Il boot into windows in a moment for you and take a screen shot so you can see where I mean.

Have a look though this about Sidecar bro as I don’t think it’s a EFI problem at this point, specially if you are now using my EFI in its true form.

https://appletoolbox.com/sidecar-not-working-in-ipados-and-macos-how-to-fix-sidecar-problems/

ok, let me check

Edited by l35l33

31 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

ok, using the above i was able to connect to my ipad via sidecar now

i sign out both devices' apple id, turn off mac and ipad, wait 5 minutes, then turn on both devices, and sign in with my apple id

now everything works as it should

thank you very much for your help and i apologize for bothering you when all i needed was a simple restart lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, l35l33 said:

ok, using the above i was able to connect to my ipad via sidecar now

i sign out both devices' apple id, turn off mac and ipad, wait 5 minutes, then turn on both devices, and sign in with my apple id

now everything works as it should

thank you very much for your help and i apologize for bothering you when all i needed was a simple restart lol 

Your very welcome buddy and it’s no bother, we got you using the EFI the right way with unlocked MSR and best of all you have your Sidecar working now. That’s far from bothering me as I’m always Happy to help :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod

there's another problem i experienced with dual booting 

when i install z390 audio driver in win10 (using drivers i downloaded from gigabyte's website) the sound in my mac is gone

it seems the realtek drivers interfere with hackintosh setting

do you also experience the same thing ? 

right now to keep my mac audio, i roll back windows' driver to windows' HD Audio

this way it wont interfere with the hackintosh

Edited by l35l33

7 minutes ago, l35l33 said:

there's another problem i experienced with dual booting 

when i install z390 audio driver from win10 (using drivers i downloaded from gigabyte's website) the sound in my mac is gone

it seems the realtek drivers interfere with hackintosh setting

do you also experience the same thing ? 

don’t restart from windows to macOS or the other way around, shut down instead. The master has a separate DAC that only gets used when in windows and it’s not compatible with MacOS so when you restart from windows to Catalina parts of the driver address remains in the memory causing the sound to stop working, 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

so if i install realtek driver, then shutdown windows after reboot, turn on my pc, enter bios to change boot drive to boot macos, it wont interfere with mac's audio?

bottom line, if everytime i boot macos or windows, i go from turning on the pc first, it wont interfere with mac audio, correct ?

3 minutes ago, l35l33 said:

so if i install realtek driver, then shutdown windows after reboot, turn on my pc, enter bios to change boot drive to boot macos, it wont interfere with mac's audio?

bottom line, if everytime i boot macos or windows, i go from turning on the pc first, it wont interfere with mac audio, correct ?

Just don’t restart from one os to the other that’s all.

if you want to restart windows to go back into windows then that’s fine but if you want to go from windows to Catalina just shutdown from windows and then once it’s off hit the power and boot in to macOS. It’s as simple as that really buddy. 

also why are you going into the bios to switch from windows to Cat?

do it from the Clover Boot selection. It works fine that way and there’s no need to change boot priority’s via the bios. Clover remembers your last choice of OS that you booted into.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

also, previously when i use Realtek drivers in windows, i wasnt able to make the [sub/center] jack working. i connected 2 speakers in speaker jack and a sub in upper right line out jack but the sub is not outputing any sound. is yours working fine?