AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,862 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Has anyone updated to Sonoma (Beta)? Did you have any issues? Trying to decide if I should update once it is released tomorrow.

Yeah I’ve updated my new hack build to the Sonoma beta and if you’ve a Fenvi WiFi card or Apple based one on the old WiFi chipset it won’t work out of the box anymore. However there is a work around using the dev version of OCLP. It’s a bit of a faff but it does work and hopefully it’ll get built into the normal version of OpenCore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice. I have an Apple Wi-Fi card (BCM94360CD) so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm guessing I will have a bunch of application incompatibilities but that is par for the course.

I will wait until I have a break in my production schedule :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Nice. I have an Apple Wi-Fi card (BCM94360CD) so that shouldn't be an issue.

and this card is NOT supported (4360 stop working on Ventura's)..so, this IS an issue LoL (OCLP sos you but...not really simple)

App work same on Ventura system (on latest RC and release)

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jimborae said:

As long as that Broadcom chipset is one of the later ones still in support you should be fine. When I have the time I’ll find the list of of out of support Broadcom chipsets that are affected. 

From what I understood the situation is dire, still supported Broadcom chipsets are only found soldered in real Macs. In other words, they are unavailable as Apple socketed cards (to use with pcie adapters), or as third party pcie cards (maybe a hope there ?).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, D3v1L said:

and this card is NOT supported (4360 stop working on Ventura's)..so, this IS an issue LoL (OCLP sos you but...not really simple)

App work same on Ventura system (on latest RC and release)

Well 😤

Looks like I will be sticking with Monterey on my production machine and Ventura on my laptop. Even though I just spent the better part of the day trying to clean install Sonoma on the laptop. I thought that was odd tha the wireless card did;t show up (DW1830)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Well 😤

Looks like I will be sticking with Monterey on my production machine and Ventura on my laptop. Even though I just spent the better part of the day trying to clean install Sonoma on the laptop. I thought that was odd tha the wireless card did;t show up (DW1830)

To be fair it’s pretty easy to fix with OCLP and shouldn’t be seen as a reason not to upgrade. 

• Like 3

Installed Sonoma release using Miluco's EFI with a few changes (swapped my UTBMap.kext for his.  DIsabled WhateverGreen.kext, RestrictEvents.kext and NVMEFix.kext in config.plist. Boot-args: -lilubetaall agdpmod=pikera alcid=7 -v

Still need to try to enable the BCM card which is not working.

regards

saCUL

13 minutes ago, saCULar said:

Installed Sonoma release using Miluco's EFI with a few changes (swapped my UTBMap.kext for his.  DIsabled WhateverGreen.kext, RestrictEvents.kext and NVMEFix.kext in config.plist. Boot-args: -lilubetaall agdpmod=pikera alcid=7 -v

Still need to try to enable the BCM card which is not working.

regards

saCUL

The new version of OCLP was released yesterday (ver 1.0.0), this is the release that supports Sonoma and will enable your wifi for Broadcom chiipsets. Just install it and apply the post install root patches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got my Sonoma install working with my WiFi card using the instructions from kronokernel (which is quoted just about everywhere). You have to do exactly what is outlined.

There is one issue I had with Dropbox and other apps. I had to use the AMFIPass.kext with the boot arg -amfipassbeta RATHER THAN just using the boot arg amfi=80. Dropbox would just crash if I used that boot arg.

My problem is with Total Fonder, an app that I deem essential. It just won’t work with the settings needed to have WiFi working. Specifically the csr setting. So I Have to decide to update fully to Sonoma or keep Monterey or Ventura.

SOLVED!! 🤩

Long story short, I used 0708000 instead of 0308000 and now I have both WiFi AND TotalFinder working! I just might be able to update my production machine to Sonoma after all!

Edited by pkdesign
SOLUTION
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

Anyone try oclp 1.0.1 with 14.1? (1.0.0 fck one of my friend install and we need to restore all with TM...then run 0.6.9 nightly)

Yes and no such problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, unknownharris said:

Anybody have EFI for macOS Sonoma for the AG's original machine? I have my specs at my signature.

@miliuco is your man, he has a few variants for the Z390 that won't be far off of what you seek.

Actually, go to his GitHub and you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@miliuco is your man, he has a few variants for the Z390 that won't be far off of what you seek.

Actually, go to his GitHub and you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the swift response.

I am still on Monterrey since I have been away for long. Can I instantly update from Monterrey to Sonoma or do I need to take each OS step by step?

As for @miliuco I am very glad for his content. His guides and support are extremely watered-down and readable for simpletons like me! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unknownharris said:

I am still on Monterrey since I have been away for long. Can I instantly update from Monterrey to Sonoma or do I need to take each OS step by step?

I am not completely sure but I think before you can jump to Sonoma from Monterey, you'll have to upgrade to Ventura from Monterey first.

The other way obviously is to build a USB Sonoma installation drive and install it that way direct.

Well, I was trying to get my BCM wifi working last night on my working Sonoma install. Ran into problems when either the amfi was switched off in the boot-args (amfi = 0x80) or if the securebootmodel was disabled in the config.plist (SecureBootModel = Disabled).  The boot just falls to complete just cycling Tx errors - waited for about 10 minutes a few times…

Anyone any experience with this issue?

saCULar

6 hours ago, saCULar said:

Well, I was trying to get my BCM wifi working last night on my working Sonoma install. Ran into problems when either the amfi was switched off in the boot-args (amfi = 0x80) or if the securebootmodel was disabled in the config.plist (SecureBootModel = Disabled).  The boot just falls to complete just cycling Tx errors - waited for about 10 minutes a few times…

Anyone any experience with this issue?

saCULar

You Can try this steps to enable BCM on Sonoma....

3 minutes ago, saCULar said:

thanks datafeedexpert - real historical read!  Definitely some tweaks to test.

The key thing is, if you're using OCLP to get your WiFi working in Sonoma, once you get it working you cannot then go back and alter SecureBootModel from Disabled and secure SIP again.

As long as the patch is in place, these two things must remain in place at least until the next Sonoma update then you'll need to revert these two settings and remove the patch for the OTA Update.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eSaF said:

The key thing is, if you're using OCLP to get your WiFi working in Sonoma, once you get it working you cannot then go back and alter SecureBootModel from Disabled and secure SIP again.

As long as the patch is in place, these two things must remain in place at least until the next Sonoma update then you'll need to revert these two settings and remove the patch for the OTA Update.

I went from 14.0 to 14.1 Beta and didn’t revert anything or remove patches. Just installed straight from OTA update, rebooted and then when I hit the desktop again OCLP detected that the root patches were missing and asked if I wanted to reapply them. Which I did. Rebooted again and WiFi was back up and running. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jimborae said:

I went from 14.0 to 14.1 Beta and didn’t revert anything or remove patches. Just installed straight from OTA update, rebooted and then when I hit the desktop again OCLP detected that the root patches were missing and asked if I wanted to reapply them. Which I did. Rebooted again and WiFi was back up and running. 

What size was the OTA Update?