AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

Didn't use it...so i don't know how to fix it 

I realised that the problem is still there. It´s not visible anymore in Resolve but when I export its back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4XMLj9BNPWaYYOunpuEMJC6SxlKKLKC/view?usp=share_link

if you download its full res proresHQ

and the problem is gone in openCL. only Metal doesn't work

Edited by benjiolino

this is so strange...btw...have you try h.265 Main or Main10 for export? Same artifacts?

btw...didn't know how to solve...i'll never export my video with prores format...only edit with this format and then export in h.265 main10...

btw, is offtopic but usefull...

image.thumb.png.57a9c936a45386ecdd94d88022504a0a.png

DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 exporting charts...

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

Not sure exactly where to post this but I will start here.

Lately I've noticed that start up has been taking very long time once I get to the Apple logo screen. The bar gets about a third of the way and there is a very long pause before it then just goes right through the next two thirds.

Checking it out in verbose mode, there a 22 second pause between the first pause and another 25 between the next:

Any ideas about what is happening?

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 6.18.50 PM.jpg

Edited by pkdesign
Found log file

On 6/14/2023 at 6:29 PM, D3v1L said:

this is so strange...btw...have you try h.265 Main or Main10 for export? Same artifacts?

btw...didn't know how to solve...i'll never export my video with prores format...only edit with this format and then export in h.265 main10...

btw, is offtopic but usefull...

image.thumb.png.57a9c936a45386ecdd94d88022504a0a.png

DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 exporting charts...

I found out that the problem is Davinci when using ACES 1.3 which is normally the way to go but it has this problem with the 6900XT. Seams to be unresolved since one year.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=169580

I only have the problem with ACES 1.3 and RAW.When I switch to ACES 1.2 it's gone. So I guess I will work on RAW projects with my M2 MAX MacBook. It faster anyway...

Edited by benjiolino

13 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

M2 MAX MacBook. It faster anyway...

This is obvious...

But...you have an m2 and try to use an old 6900 with a MB with pciex gen.3?? really?... LoL ahahhaahhahahah

Edited by D3v1L

36 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

This is obvious...

But...you have an m2 and try to use an old 6900 with a MB with pciex gen.3?? really?... LoL ahahhaahhahahah

You think it would make a difference to have PCIe 4? I was also thinking about upgrading the CPU and RAM and Mb but after realising how fast the M chips are I have my doubts it's worth it.

Soon Intel won't be supported anyway. But do you think a 13900k would make a huge difference in Resolve?

4 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

But do you think a 13900k would make a huge difference in Resolve

In MacOS No.

In Windows Yes.

Hey guys, have any of you encountered this issue before?

Here's the story: I was cleaning the inside of my PC and decided to remove only the BCM card. After cleaning everything, I reinstalled the card and booted up the machine. Initially, everything seemed fine, but later I noticed that my magic mouse was behaving differently. I couldn't scroll anymore, although left and right clicks were working fine, along with the Wi-Fi. When I checked the Bluetooth settings, I discovered that Bluetooth was completely disabled. I tried rebooting my machine, but the problem persisted. Now, when I look into the System Information, I see the following picture below...

image.png.0851bac0cf257c6558725b7a223795ce.png

I tried to fix this with BrcmPatchRAM, BlueToolFixup etc. nothing changed... Any idea ?

So strange but...i think with BCM943602CS you have bcm2070 instead bcm4350 bt chipset...try to change internal USB...use other one.. ...btw brcmPatchRAM / bluetooth tool kext etc are not required with BCM943602CS combo card...

27 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

So strange but...i think with BCM943602CS you have bcm2070 instead bcm4350 bt chipset...try to change internal USB...use other one.. ...btw brcmPatchRAM / bluetooth tool kext etc are not required with BCM943602CS combo card...

You are right! I followed the suggestion and switched to a different USB port. By the way, I just remembered that when I put the BCM card back in, I forgot to plug in the USB cable. As a result, I had no Bluetooth at all and had to restart my machine. Ever since then, I've been experiencing this issue. Hackintool is reporting a Bluetooth peripheral btw...

2058809925_19-06-2023at12-43-26.thumb.png.fff934b8b5cf31f6748bfc4e81c2d3e9.png

Just now, D3v1L said:

Well 2070 or 4350..good to know you have resolved 😅👍🏻

No, unfortunately, the problem still persists. I have obtained a log from Hackintool, and here's the relevant information:

"AppleUSBHostUserClient::start: missing entitlement com.apple.bluetooth.control" maybe thats the reason?

log.txt

Maybe...btw i Didn't remove from mind you have 4350 in BT...4350 is wifi combo card but is not related to 4360 fenvi or clone...uhm you have something in your pcilists on device in config plist?...btw not at home so i cant do a better check to log...

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

Maybe...btw i Didn't remove from mind you have 4350 in BT...4350 is wifi combo card but is not related to 4360 fenvi or clone...uhm you have something in your pcilists on device in config plist?...btw not at home so i cant do a better check to log...

So, I finally managed to get it working again. I'm not entirely sure what made it work, but here's what I did:

First, I plugged the internal USB back into its original port and reverted back to OC 0.9.2. Then, in my Windows dual-boot setup, I updated/reinstalled the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers. Initially, this didn't seem to fix the issue. However, I discovered that I could still turn on Airdrop, even though Bluetooth appeared disabled and grayed out 🤨. Surprisingly, turning on Airdrop somehow activated Bluetooth (it remained grayed out but displayed "on"). Anyway I'm just relieved that I can scroll again. 🥳 Thank you for your support @D3v1L

• Like 1

Hello y'all,

I have recently upgraded my RAM from 16 GB to 32 GB (8 GB per stick (so I now have a total of four sticks - the two new ram sticks are exactly the same as the old ones).

I haven't changed anything else on my system. Booting into Linux and Windows works just fine. However, when I try to boot into macOS, I get to the login screen where my system instantly locks up completely. I can't move the mouse and my keyboard doesn't toggle the caps lock indicator light.

Enabling / disabling XMP doesn't change anything. I am able to boot with only three RAM sticks installed, and the 24 GB are detected correctly even by macOS. It also doesn't matter which three slots I populate, only if I install the fourth stick, the system freezes on the login screen. I've also tried using different sets of three of the four RAM sticks, and every combination works.

I know that the original author of this thread has moved on from his original hardware configuration, but I am hoping that anyone else here can help me solve my issue.

Looking through this thread, I found out that memory-related issues have been discussed, but were either moved into DMs or aren't applicable to my problem.

Relevant specs:

- Gigabyte AORUS Pro Z390

- Intel Core i7 9700k (not overclocked)

- 32 GB RAM (4x 8 GB, 3000 MHz)

- Radeon RX 6800 XT

- macOS Ventura

16 minutes ago, FTFT1234 said:

Hello y'all,

I have recently upgraded my RAM from 16 GB to 32 GB (8 GB per stick (so I now have a total of four sticks - the two new ram sticks are exactly the same as the old ones).

I haven't changed anything else on my system. Booting into Linux and Windows works just fine. However, when I try to boot into macOS, I get to the login screen where my system instantly locks up completely. I can't move the mouse and my keyboard doesn't toggle the caps lock indicator light.

Enabling / disabling XMP doesn't change anything. I am able to boot with only three RAM sticks installed, and the 24 GB are detected correctly even by macOS. It also doesn't matter which three slots I populate, only if I install the fourth stick, the system freezes on the login screen. I've also tried using different sets of three of the four RAM sticks, and every combination works.

I know that the original author of this thread has moved on from his original hardware configuration, but I am hoping that anyone else here can help me solve my issue.

Looking through this thread, I found out that memory-related issues have been discussed, but were either moved into DMs or aren't applicable to my problem.

Relevant specs:

- Gigabyte AORUS Pro Z390

- Intel Core i7 9700k (not overclocked)

- 32 GB RAM (4x 8 GB, 3000 MHz)

- Radeon RX 6800 XT

- macOS Ventura

Please post your EFI without resource folder and without serial. I'll check when i'm come to home...

BTW,

Here correct BIOS setting for this (BASED ON LATEST BIOS UPDATE ATM. F12 linked in next post):

BIOS settings for iMac19,1 SMBIOS

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.33bfe223bb01ae4633e536b690531e0a.jpeg

Set XMP profile "Profile1" and 2666 on SMM (this prevent unproperly eject of USB after wake and make wake working better)

image.thumb.jpeg.9722718fb8b2fc1c60cc630f296e9a5a.jpeg

FCLK must set to 1GHz, n. of CPU core/th it depend on CPU, set it to max number (not Auto)

image.thumb.jpeg.508e14672ea982077a4da523aad32408.jpeg

ErP enable/disable, your choice. This set AC USB power during stopped machine. Enabled, when you set your PC to OFF, USB stop sending AC (no peripherial charging etc.) Disabled, when PC is OFF (not sleep), USB continue to sending power (+5v) 

image.thumb.jpeg.77c7a0b87e6fd2705e1dbb8a8430745e.jpeg

ReSize BAR is irrilevant...is not working in 9x series CFL only on 10x+ (didn't know why they put in BIOS settings...maybe for marketing...) - on Aperture Size, try different value (I think 256 is best...but...mine work great with 2048) TRY IT

image.thumb.jpeg.9f025e1ee030fa2835f9373b191d4211.jpeg

PTT only relevant if you have or wanna install Win11

image.thumb.jpeg.72713cbb5c89c1c98d0c3c6aed89b9b9.jpeg

Window 8/10 Features MUST be "Windows 8/10" and NOT "Other"

BIOS settings for MacPro7,1 SMBIOS

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.33bfe223bb01ae4633e536b690531e0a.jpeg

Set XMP profile "Profile1" and 2666 on SMM (this prevent unproperly eject of USB after wake and make wake working better)

image.thumb.jpeg.9722718fb8b2fc1c60cc630f296e9a5a.jpeg

FCLK must set to 1GHz, n. of CPU core/th it depend on CPU, set it to max number (not Auto)

image.thumb.jpeg.508e14672ea982077a4da523aad32408.jpeg

ErP enable/disable, your choice. This set AC USB power during stopped machine. Enabled, when you set your PC to OFF, USB stop sending AC (no peripherial charging etc.) Disabled, when PC is OFF (not sleep), USB continue to sending power (+5v) 

image.thumb.jpeg.e623858728a27ec2845aa58dce0ebf88.jpeg

ReSize BAR is irrilevant...is not working in 9x series CFL only on 10x+ (didn't know why they put in BIOS settings...maybe for marketing...)

image.thumb.jpeg.9f025e1ee030fa2835f9373b191d4211.jpeg

PTT only relevant if you have or wanna install Win11

image.thumb.jpeg.72713cbb5c89c1c98d0c3c6aed89b9b9.jpeg

Window 8/10 Features MUST be "Windows 8/10" and NOT "Other"

EFI for iMac19,1 SMBIOS

(pay attention: enable AGPM appropriate kext in config.plist according to your setup: RX6600 / RX6800 / RX6900. After boot, replace USBMAP with your own. This EFI have serial number etc for testing, after test, put your own serial number etc in ALL section of PlatformInfo)

EFI.zip

EFI for MacPro7,1 SMBIOS (only for CFL 9x series CPU)

(pay attention: enable AGPM appropriate kext in config.plist according to your setup: RX6600 / RX6800 / RX6900. After boot, replace USBMAP with your own and enable power management according to your CPU (9600 , 9700 , 9900). This EFI have serial number etc for testing, after test, put your own serial number etc in ALL section of PlatformInfo)

EFI.zip

NB THIS EFI ARE ONLY FOR CFL9x WITH NAVI DGPU.

Edited by D3v1L
update and typo
  • Like 2

For POLARIS user, smply replace ACPI file with this:  SSDT_AORUS_PRO_Z390_POLARIS.zip (remember to update config.plist acpi section with new filename); remove AGPMInjector-RX6x00XT.kext and remove "agdpmod=pikera" on bootarg on iMac19,1 EFI and add WhateverGreen.kext on MacPro7,1 EFI.

Here the latest BIOS update ATM (F12) fully compatible with Ventura and with Sonoma (the latest usable MacOS for hackintosh/not virtual... I think...)

mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f12.zip

(for update, follow the TXT)

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@D3v1L Thank you very much for your fast response and please excuse my late answer, the last few weeks have been very busy for me.

I've tested all of your suggestions to no avail.

However, I have finally fixed my issue by re-generating the following ACPI patches with SSDTTime from my Linux install with the new RAM installed:

- SSDT-EC

- SSDT-HPET

- SSDT-PLUG

- SSDT-USBX

My issues are resolved now, and I can use all of my new 32 GB of RAM at their max. speed of 3200 MHz with the enabled XMP Profile.

Glade you've solved...btw plug ssdt is not needed anymore (from Monterey) ...for EC ssdt, you use the right way? (a new fake device like laptop...couse this mb already have an "sta" method itself)?