AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,862 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Oh man! I've used Onyx for years with no issues. This gives me pause 😵

yep me too...but when starting using OCLP, I see onyx etc, make much disaster than resolve issue...so....... xD LoL

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 6:19 PM, pkdesign said:

Oh man! I've used Onyx for years with no issues. This gives me pause 😵

I made the mistake of trying to improve my Mac's performance by running a maintenance task and leaving the default check options (System, Internet, Application, etc.). However,apps stopped working afterwards. Even native apps like iMessage and later Spotify were affected, and the situation only got worse. Learned the hard way that it's best to follow the old saying "Never touch a running system." and NEVER touch Onyx.

Edited by Blesh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I really struggle in optimizing my EFI. I was probably a bit naive to just use the delivered EFI in this thread instead of building my own from scratch.
The hackintosh works for a few years but it gets slower and slower and I'm not able to update anymore.
Booting needs close to 60 seconds...

I tried to follow your advice and optimize the EFI but I just don't don't understand what to do.
Since a few months I can't update anymore since I don't know what in the config needs to change to make it boot again and I always return to my old config

Whenever I have some spare time I tried to fix it but it always failed.

Before I give up for good and sell the machine, I just wanted to ask if anybody would be fine in helping me, maybe in a private session going through my efi
and teach me. I value your time, so it doesn't have to be for free.
I totally understand that this isn't the purpose of hackintosh and I have no hard feelings if nobody is willing to but I don't find the time to start all over again.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Cipha said:

Hey guys,

I really struggle in optimizing my EFI. I was probably a bit naive to just use the delivered EFI in this thread instead of building my own from scratch.
The hackintosh works for a few years but it gets slower and slower and I'm not able to update anymore.
Booting needs close to 60 seconds...

I tried to follow your advice and optimize the EFI but I just don't don't understand what to do.
Since a few months I can't update anymore since I don't know what in the config needs to change to make it boot again and I always return to my old config

Whenever I have some spare time I tried to fix it but it always failed.

Before I give up for good and sell the machine, I just wanted to ask if anybody would be fine in helping me, maybe in a private session going through my efi
and teach me. I value your time, so it doesn't have to be for free.
I totally understand that this isn't the purpose of hackintosh and I have no hard feelings if nobody is willing to but I don't find the time to start all over again.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, First off zip and upload your working EFI Folder here so that we can have a look at it and see if there are any potential problems that is causing slow boot times

or anything else.

1 hour ago, Cipha said:

Hey! Here's my EFI. I might have uploaded here before (or it was another forum) and people told me it's horrible 🙈
https://drive.google.com/file/d/134w5IynfX8sR35YcMlEXIDzZEWE7TDD-/view?usp=sharing

I had to upload to G Drive since it's a few kb larger than 10mb

Thanks for your effort! 

Hi, based purely on your uploaded EFI Folder, I have updated the OC version to the latest as yours was very old plus your kext files were also out dated.

I have now rectified all out dated files and kexts within this attached EFI for you to try.

I noticed your S/N and SmUUID data is missing from the config.plist, if the omissions are deliberate for security purposes then I understand, if not, you'll need to rectify.

Good luck.

EFI.zip

it boots fine and it's now at around 35-40 seconds boot time. still slow but it gained a little bit :)

Did you spot anything I could improve?

Some said there are wrong ssdts and i should try another smbios.

Or do you think a clean install of sonoma instead of updating is a better way for the start.

PS: I already swapped the Samsung SSD for a WD Black, since it was causing really slow booting a few versions back.
so this is not the reason ...

Edited by Cipha

4 hours ago, Cipha said:

it boots fine and it's now at around 35-40 seconds boot time

If this Boot Time is from a Cold Boot then I would say it is comparable Boot Time to my own system.

Considering you had a Boot Time around a minute, I think 35-40 Seconds is a vast improvement. Any faster I would consider buying a real Mac and be done with it.

4 hours ago, Cipha said:

Did you spot anything I could improve?

Yes, try keeping up with newly released OC and kext versions, they are offered for a reason.

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

If this Boot Time is from a Cold Boot then I would say it is comparable Boot Time to my own system.

Considering you had a Boot Time around a minute, I think 35-40 Seconds is a vast improvement. Any faster I would consider buying a real Mac and be done with it.

Yes, try keeping up with newly released OC and kext versions, they are offered for a reason.

I usually do with ocat, but last updates always threw an error and I was unable to fix it.

Would changing the smbios to mac pro make a difference in performance?

5 hours ago, Cipha said:

Would changing the smbios to mac pro make a difference in performance?

That is a question I cannot answer definitively, it may, it may not, or offer any real world difference.

Only you can provide that answer by putting your thoughts into reality to satisfy that troubling curiosity and experiment.

Oops! I replied about eSaf's new EFI, not the OP's one!

Looks great to me. i see some things I have different but I don't think matter.

I have keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 in boot-args

I have no entries in NVRAM>LegacySchema

PlatformInfo>Generic>AdviseFeatures>YES

Booter>Quirks>EnableWriteUnprotector>YES

Booter>Quirks>SetupVirtualMap>YES

Page 121 of the Configuration guide has an explanation such as it is. Basically whatever works for your system :D

SSDT-PLUG is not required for macOS 12.43 and up

But if your system is up and working, I'd probably leave it alone.

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 2

Here's a weird one (and I'm sorry if someone's already mentioned it; search is… what search is, on here. Around the introduction of Sonoma (full version; I tend not to do betas of 🍎 stuff), the ability to select HDMI audio just… vanished. I wondered it it was a new OpenCore version (went from 0.9.5 full through 0.9.7 DEV) or AppleALC, tried different alcid's (which of course only screwed things up for all the other audio, which had been working fine).

Know what fixed it?

Switching back on the verbose ("-v") boot arg. I guess that's how we keep it honest that it reads the whole config.plist, cuz it has to display it all?

Weird.

@eSaF @pkdesign

Thank you very much! I cleaned up the EFI from unnecessary entries / files and successfully upgraded to Sonoma. Had to fix my Wifi card but it was an easy fix.

Aside from Dropbox constantly crashing everything is running smoothly again :)

But I think Dropbox is just a faulty version, in dropbox forum there are some posts about this already. 

Edited by Cipha
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really...i've say before that i love Opera? ahahahahahahahahhahaha omg what a lovely bugged software xD 

btw...from OC screen to MacOS completely start, 19sec here.. (with z390+crucial p nvme) but it takes up to 19 sec 'couse they need to check 3 ext hdd on start related to TM and CCC task ...tedious...

image.thumb.png.66edea5c13f8281c9edd9359e1e27ba0.png

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...