AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,862 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, eSaF said:

What size was the OTA Update?

IIRC it was the full download at around 12Gb but I could be mistaken. I'm currently in the process of updating all my Hac's & Mac's to Sonoma where I can so I'm not really keeping track of the download sizes to be honest.  

23 minutes ago, jimborae said:

IIRC it was the full download at around 12Gb but I could be mistaken. I'm currently in the process of updating all my Hac's & Mac's to Sonoma where I can so I'm not really keeping track of the download sizes to be honest.  

Ok I understand, but my point is the way you described the procedure in your other post, you will not be offered OTA incremental Updates only the full 12gb or so Updates.

Having the REestrictEvents.kext coupled with  boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm , SIP fully Enabled and OCLP reverted then small incremental Updates are available.

In saying that, if you're retired like my self and have plenty of time on hand, then waiting for a 12gb file to download, then install, then go for it but I am an impatient miserable old geyser and even though time is not really an issue, I treat it as limited to me so waiting around is not an option that I prefer. :D

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jimborae said:

@eSaF Ah ok understood. No not retired yet, about 10years to go if I’m lucky. 🤪

Enjoy your working life while you can, when retired you'll feel relieved to out of the rat race but as time goes on, you'll be hunting around for things to do just to fill the time.

• Thanks 1

securebootmodel can be restored to original (default, J137 j160 etc) after patch if you need/want 😉 

SIP , NO. if you restore SIP to 00000000, they crash on startup.

With patch installed, you need to download full and not incremental update...this is really annoying if you have slow connection, i can download 12GB in about 10 sec with my line but...unfortunately, not from Apple Server 'couse they sck ahahahahha

If you want incremental, unroot, change SIP, reboot, update, reboot, change SIP, root it again, reboot 🙂 

Edited by D3v1L

I have updated successfully to OC 0.9.5 but I cannot bring the option to "Reset NVRam" on the boot menu.

I keep pressing spacebar but it doesn't show up, nor does it show up on its own.

I have the option to HideAuxiliary set to False.

Edit: I added the CleanNvram.efi auxiliary and now it works as intended.

Edited by unknownharris
Problem fixed

I am still fiddling around with my Sonoma install.  New issue - somehow my ethernet nic (built in) is not being detected - it is working fine in other environments.  

Does anyone have some suggestions for me to start testing?

regards

saCULar

1 hour ago, saCULar said:

I am still fiddling around with my Sonoma install.  New issue - somehow my ethernet nic (built in) is not being detected - it is working fine in other environments.  

Does anyone have some suggestions for me to start testing?

regards

saCULar

I realise now that the nic is supported by the intelmausi kext, which I thought was loaded... - will test that tonight.

saCULar

• Like 1

I updated to Sonoma last week and have been using it for a few days now. Mostly okay. I feel iike it is slower than Monterey and there are odd lags in spots. But I have this persistent issue that is very annoying and I'm not sure if its just me. Right after boot the screen size doesn’t seem to know what size it wants to be. I have to go into settings to change it to another resolution then back to 2560x1440 to get it to work properly.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 9.49.47 AM.jpg

LoL is doubleface xD ahhaha 14.1b3 here with 4k resolution (downscaled to 2560x1440) and no issue at all... 🙂 so strange 

Edited by D3v1L

Guys, fast question. Can I use GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 on Z390 Aorus Pro with the latest Ventura without flashing custom firmware ? Is it working OOB (after initialized in Windows) like the earlier versions of MacOS ? My intention is to use it with UAD Apollo.

I may have to pose these question in the OC forum. I am not having the best of luck with the transition to Sonoma.

At every boot I see this in the upper right hand corner:

Screenshot2023-10-11at3_10_12PM.jpg.90e50955d5d050a81343d6ae2d353567.jpg

I have no idea what this is nor how to figure it out. I've combed through all my boot settings, launcher daemons, etc.

I thought maybe it was OCLP checking but I disabled it and I still see this. 😫

Also, are you guys using RestrictEvents.kext? I have no idea why it is needed except for partial patches vs full.

Edited by pkdesign

14 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I may have to pose these question in the OC forum. I am not having the best of luck with the transition to Sonoma.

At every boot I see this in the upper right hand corner:

Screenshot2023-10-11at3_10_12PM.jpg.90e50955d5d050a81343d6ae2d353567.jpg

I have no idea what this is nor how to figure it out. I've combed through all my boot settings, launcher daemons, etc.

I thought maybe it was OCLP checking but I disabled it and I still see this. 😫

Also, are you guys using RestrictEvents.kext? I have no idea why it is needed except for partial patches vs full.

Uhm... for Installer Progress didn't know...never appear here...

RE kext, yep i'll use it but only for see update with my T2 smbios with bootarg "revpatch=sbvmm" (otherwise i'll never see update)...

• Thanks 1

Hey guys,

Its been a while and I'm being a bit think right now so just after some confirmation please.

I plan to format my SSD and start over with Ventura (which Im currently using) the reason for this is a few annoying issues that I've managed to hold and drag on with each update it seems.

I don't plan to upgrade any further at this point.

Am I missing anything off my to do list?

files backed up using cloud storage, system and almost everything just recently backed up with Time Machine too.

I have an SSD for Mac OS and a separate one for Windows.

I plan to erase the Mac SSD following creation of a new USB stick with my current and working EFI folder then reinstall from there.

I use an apple magic keyboard and mouse, I'll have to mess about with the bluetooth pairing again from windows after the new install.

Can I simply wipe the SSD, reinstall, restore with Time Machine / backups and be all good?

I feel like I'm missing something but perhaps not?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I made a mistake by running Onyx for maintenance tasks, and now I'm experiencing issues with several apps. Strangely, these apps aren't displaying any error messages; they just briefly attempt to open and then stop. This includes both native Apple apps and some third-party ones. Is there a way to revert these changes or restore my settings to their previous state? I would greatly appreciate any tips or assistance!

Spotify for example gives an error Message Is it because of my SIP?:

Time Awake Since Boot: 65 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_GUARD (SIGKILL)
Exception Codes:       GUARD_TYPE_MACH_PORT
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000053978, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace GUARD, Code 2305843036905879928 

Edited by Blesh

Only way, is time machine...backup all working EFI, then recovery, format, restore . ...and , next time, don't use this unnecessary miraculous tool like cmmx or Onyx... Is not Windows... LoL

Inviato dal mio RMX3363 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

Only way, is time machine...backup all working EFI, then recovery, format, restore . ...and , next time, don't use this unnecessary miraculous tool like cmmx or Onyx... Is not Windows... LoL emoji1787.png

Inviato dal mio RMX3363 utilizzando Tapatalk

I made backups with CCC but they werent bootable one Do you know if there is still a chance? If not... I have to install everything again 😭🔫

8 minutes ago, Blesh said:

I made backups with CCC but they werent bootable one Do you know if there is still a chance? If not... I have to install everything again 😭🔫

Is there no possible way to boot your CCC backup with a good working EFI?

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Is there no possible way to boot your CCC backup with a good working EFI?

Nope, it only created backups for these files but didn't enable bootle mode. I suspect the settings got lost during the update to version 14.1. Looks like I'll have to perform a clean installation of everything from scratch.

Edited by Blesh