AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,862 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, eSaF said:

I am with you Bro, all working good like a real Mac. :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you guys.

Would you mind assisting me with a slight issue please?

I'm struggling to disable SIP in order to run the post install fix using OCLP.

I've booted into recovery, disabled SIP and its confirmed in Terminal, restarted both with and without reseting NVRAM but as soon as I get back to OCLP and want to run the wifi fix it says SIP is enabled (Required 0x083 or higher) currently booted SIP (0x0). and therefore I'm stuck.

There's obviously something else I need to do in order to disable SIP, or perhaps there's a manual entry I can do instead to fix the Wifi?

In any case, after the patch is complete can I reenable SIP?

I have ethernet so no panic at this stage, thanks in advance and have a great Christmas!!

So forget that, I managed to sort that however, after patching with OCLP the system now won’t boot…

more investigation, happy for any assistance you guys might be able to offer, I’ve tried enabling SIP in recovery and reset NVRAM so far without success.

time Machine backup created today as well as EFI and installer on USB if fresh install is required but I’m sure it can be fixed

2 hours ago, rob1980 said:

I've booted into recovery, disabled SIP and its confirmed in Terminal

you don't need this, simply change value on nvram section in config.plist, reboot reset nvram, start and your SIP is disabled.

2 hours ago, rob1980 said:

In any case, after the patch is complete can I reenable SIP?

no.

1 hour ago, rob1980 said:

time Machine backup created today as well as EFI

simply use this to restore.

1 hour ago, rob1980 said:

after patching with OCLP the system now won’t boot

OCLP fck-up your system snapshoot, you need to restore them (well but is much easyer and faster to restore entire disk from TM recovery)

btw, remove sensible data from your config plist (SN / ROM / MLB /SMUUID) and post your efi folder zipped (without resource dir with template etc that exceed with megabyte for upload....)

(reason for non booting is Sonoma snap corrupted during patch...post your EFI and we resolve the issue 🙂 but, for restore at this point, only way is to restore TM image, when yuo have restored and system up and running (without wifi support), we help you 🙂 

btw, Merry Christmas to all

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

@rob1980 What version OCLP are you using, also is your OC version and kext files the very latest? These are very important for a successful patching result.

Everything was / is up to date.

no issues with config when checking.

is there another step / process after running the oclp root patch? It was supposedly successful once I’d correctly run it?

I’ll restore from backup if required but happy to fix if there’s another step.

11 hours ago, D3v1L said:

you don't need this, simply change value on nvram section in config.plist, reboot reset nvram, start and your SIP is disabled.

no.

OCLP fck-up your system snapshoot, you need to restore them (well but is much easyer and faster to restore entire disk from TM recovery)

btw, remove sensible data from your config plist (SN / ROM / MLB /SMUUID) and post your efi folder zipped (without resource dir with template etc that exceed with megabyte for upload....)

(reason for non booting is Sonoma snap corrupted during patch...post your EFI and we resolve the issue 🙂 but, for restore at this point, only way is to restore TM image, when yuo have restored and system up and running (without wifi support), we help you 🙂 

Thank you, I’ll post up EFI shortly.

merry Christmas 

13 hours ago, D3v1L said:

no.

No need to restore from backup.

I ran the Sonoma install again and now booted up, of course OCLP has noticed im running without root patches and its offering to re apply. is there some instruction somewhere on what other changes I ned to make to config? (networking wireless patches)

I changed the security settings previously as instructed Securebootmodel disabled - car active config FF0F0000 (these were my settings previously too with the boot loop)

I'd like to learn to fix this myself before posting my EFI if possible, so I'll continue to read up anything I can but welcome yours and sSaF help.

Thanks again

Edit to add, tried 030A0000 and also repaired snapshot in recovery, this enabled boot but the root patch hasn't held..

Edited by rob1980

LoL today Amazon Santa's give me a new happy new year toy (now it's on delivery status)... 

new 360 AIO and new 4 airflow fan ... it's time to try front aio with push   

LoL 3x intake push and 4x (3 top + classic 1 rear) exhaust 

Stay tuned for more HappyDays!! (uhm like Fonzie's...or...Arnold's? ahahah)

And next, i will come back for all of you with "only Opera bugged" ahahahhaahahahah

cheers

😀:thumbsup_anim:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, D3v1L said:

LoL today Amazon Santa's give me a new happy new year toy (now it's on delivery status)... 

new 360 AIO and new 4 airflow fan ... it's time to try front aio with push   

LoL 3x intake push and 4x (3 top + classic 1 rear) exhaust 

Stay tuned for more HappyDays!! (uhm like Fonzie's...or...Arnold's? ahahah)

And next, i will come back for all of you with "only Opera bugged" ahahahhaahahahah

cheers

😀:thumbsup_anim:

Hardline & custom loop it, AIO will always fail sooner rather than later. 

Edited by jimborae

26 minutes ago, jimborae said:

Hardline & custom loop it, AIO will always fail sooner rather than later. 

absolutely true. But i don't pay too much for an older z390 lol

ok guys... my Aorus Pro Z390 is definitely dead. ...i think i'll switch to another platform for this audio based hack... i'll go for Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING + 5800x ...fck fck fck...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

ok guys... my Aorus Pro Z390 is definitely dead. ...i think i'll switch to another platform for this audio based hack... i'll go for Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING + 5800x ...fck fck fck...

After years of Gigabyte boards, some time back I took the chance and change my Z390 for a Gigabyte Z590 which turned out to be a bad mistake because it is so temperamental as a Hack. I decided to try a MSI Z490 with a 10th Gen CPU.

Solid performance throughout, well pleased with the choice I made. Still have the Z390 and Z590 all boxed up but sold the 9th and 11th Gen CPUs.

well, i see the price online...god, aorus z390 pro stay on 240/250 bucks used O_O WTF?!?!? so...i can change all LoL (put cpu on ebay in this moment ahahahah) i search some budget (under 300€...i'm poor guy with wife........:P) and i'll find this MB+cpu sold 320€ shipped (new) so..wanna try this 5800x 😛 maybe i'll revert back and sold it and buy another intel based!

...my TRX is solid too, but i switch it to win 'couse efi for threadripper are pain...btw i'll try .......

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

well @pkdesign...at this moment , in 2024 , 200bucks for an used z390 for restore this mb, is no way...and buy cheap 1151 card, uhm..naah..so, i'll try the cheapest way to have similar config...and, for me, for now, 5800x worst the upgrade from 9600k 🙂 expecially for 300€ cpu+mb 😛 

Edited by D3v1L

@D3v1L @eSaF @pkdesign

Only us brave ones continue with the Z390!!!
Now seriously. My 2 identical hacks with Z390 work so well that I have not yet decided to renew the hardware. They no longer seem as fast and powerful as they did a couple of years ago, but I feel very comfortable with these motherboards.
But it is true that the price of some of these "obsolete" products is exaggerated, sometimes they are more expensive than other much more modern ones.
Later, if my hobby is still strong, I would like to change to Z690 or Z790 with i12 or i13.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

My 2 identical hacks with Z390 work so well that I have not yet decided to renew the hardware.

That's why I still have mine back in its original box just incase although I would need to again purchase the CPU.

The thing about the Z390, they are very easy to work on with little or no problem.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

After years of Gigabyte boards, some time back I took the chance and change my Z390 for a Gigabyte Z590 which turned out to be a bad mistake because it is so temperamental as a Hack. I decided to try a MSI Z490 with a 10th Gen CPU.

Solid performance throughout, well pleased with the choice I made. Still have the Z390 and Z590 all boxed up but sold the 9th and 11th Gen CPUs.

That’s weird as I have now replaced my Gigabyte Z390 with an Aorus Z690 Gaming X DDR4 and 13th Gen i5 and it’s solid as a rock for Hackintosh. 

Still have my Z390 & 9700k, should really get them sold. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

So sad to see all the Z390 people going away! 😥 I'm still chugging away.

Don't despair Bro, they are still quite a few out there in the wild so you're not alone.

I only moved away because quite wrongly I misdiagnosed a problem with mine which turned out to be a faulty power unit.

Quite a costly mistake on my part having purchased a Z590 which turned out to be a piece of $hit (worst board ever released by Gigabyte).

I purchased the MSI Z490 to replace the Z590. Quite honestly if I didn't jump the gun and thought the Z390 was faulty, I would be still rocking it.

It's a solid performance board hence the price of them is still high, even decent used ones if you can find them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

Quite honestly if I didn't jump the gun and thought the Z390 was faulty, I would be still rocking it.

Same for me.

1/3 of CPU socket are broken and no way to repair... (I hate lga1151 socket...) So i move to other platform..only for money.. 😅

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jimborae said:

That’s weird as I have now replaced my Gigabyte Z390 with an Aorus Z690 Gaming X DDR4 and 13th Gen i5 and it’s solid as a rock for Hackintosh. 

Happy to hear you're happy with your Z690 but mine was the Z590, I think Gigabyte learnt from the crappy Z590 to produce a better board.