AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Cipha said:

Maybe somebody could look into my EFI for anything suspicious?

Keep a copy of your original EFI handy just incase.

Clear Nvram and try this EFI, your OC files needed updating, I also removed the Apple Firmware folder, no longer needed as stand alone.

Good luck.

EFI.zip

Ok i'll check your EFI... try @eSaF EFI. BTW:

1. SSDT-PLUG.aml in ACPI is not needed anymore from second release of Monterey...
  2. your EC - USBX is not what Aorus Pro need (they need a FAKE LAPTOP EC 'couse Z390 already have _STA method)
  3. All pci devices in DP/Pcilists...why you have all this cr@p? you didn't need to put ANYTHING in DP pci list (only the igpu if you use quicksynch on iMac19.x)
  4. and...you have a NAVI DGPU, so why you use iMac19,1 smbios? 

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. :smoke:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eSaF said:

Keep a copy of your original EFI handy just incase.

Clear Nvram and try this EFI, your OC files needed updating, I also removed the Apple Firmware folder, no longer needed as stand alone.

Good luck.

EFI.zip 4.6 MB · 2 downloads

did you anything aside from updating?

it's weird.. when I check with OCAT it says everything is uptodate...

22 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Ok i'll check your EFI... try @eSaF EFI. BTW:

1. SSDT-PLUG.aml in ACPI is not needed anymore from second release of Monterey...
  2. your EC - USBX is not what Aorus Pro need (they need a FAKE LAPTOP EC 'couse Z390 already have _STA method)
  3. All pci devices in DP/Pcilists...why you have all this cr@p? you didn't need to put ANYTHING in DP pci list (only the igpu if you use quicksynch on iMac19.x)
  4. and...you have a NAVI DGPU, so why you use iMac19,1 smbios? 

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. :smoke:

1.) can I just delete it?

2.) USB is working fine though... should I worry about it?

3.) This is based on the audiogod files, never changed anything there.

EDIT: I just checked the DP entries. They are:

Intel Z390 USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controller

Intel Z390 SATA Controller

BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD

Apple High Definition Audio Controller

Intel Z390 SPI Controller

Intel 1219V7 Gigabit Ethernet

Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Desktop 9 Series)

I don't see anything out of context?

4.) This was the best match with CPU 

Edited by Cipha

1. you need to remove it from config.plist

2. USB is working is not equal to system recognise it and working in good way

3. Uhm...ok...so basically an ugly copy of glasgood work...

4. Sure. But only if you remove a dgpu (iMac never have a dgpu so...)

...if you wanna use 100% of your dgpu , you need to use iMacPro1.1 (good with Polaris and Vega) or MacPro7.1 (good with Vega and Navi)

CPU is not the only PC component... 😊

Edited by D3v1L

1 hour ago, Cipha said:

did you anything aside from updating?

it's weird.. when I check with OCAT it says everything is uptodate...

As mentioned in my post, I removed the Apple Firmware Folder as it is no longer needed.

I forgot to mention that I used a nightly OC DEV version (0.9.3) so any OC version below or before will come up as outdated but that shouldn't have an adverse effect on the performance of the machine if all else is correct.

Any problems, follow @D3v1L advice and you should be fine.

3 hours ago, Cipha said:

EDIT: I just checked the DP entries. They are:

Intel Z390 USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controller

Intel Z390 SATA Controller

BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD

Apple High Definition Audio Controller

Intel Z390 SPI Controller

Intel 1219V7 Gigabit Ethernet

Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Desktop 9 Series)

In dp lists you need to put ONLY a not recognized hardware and/or a relevant setting for your hardware (igpu hex address for headless mode 4example, another example is framebuffer for not recognized dgpu or fan control speed)...not all your hardware. 

Put all your , irrilevant for MacOS, hardware in pcilists , only make your PC/hackintosh slow and instabile. Same as put RAM clock much than 2666mhz. With aorus pro z390 and ballistix RAM, you need to set xmp on profile 1 and manually set ram clock to 2666 in BIOS.

• Like 1

ok thanks, I'll try to clean it up.

regarding usb, I created a custom usb.kext with all needed ports.

is the usbx needed at all?

If I change from iMac to macpro I have to create new serial numbers too, right?

Yes, USBX is needed. (They set correct current and control usb power)

Yes, changing smbios need a serial, mlb and smuuid change. 

You need to logout from iCloud, generate new serial etc, set a usbmap for new smbios, add some kext, remove other, set cpufriend for CPU power management... Is not too simply...but, not too hard to do 😊

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

does anyone have a working EFI with the latest open core for my specs? 

I have problems with square artefacts in Davinci resolve since I run the RX6900XT.

I run iMac19,1. Maybe I should go for MacPro? Also I´m on Opencore 0.86 and Ventura 13.0.1

Best

Ben

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 15.13.24.png

Update your system.

Update OC

Switch to MacPro7,1

Remove whatevergreen.kext and related boot-args

Reboot

Reset nvram

Re-try

No glitch here ...with 6600 and with 6900 on DaVinci 18.5

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Could you explain why you suggest to remove WhateverGreen.kext? I thought it was essential to running a hack. Or is that specific to the GPU being used?

The only 2 essential kext are Lilu and VirtalSMC/FakeSMC ...weg is related to gpu and is "needed" with iMac and iMacPro smbios (with iMacPro is not really needed..) but with MacPro7,1 smbios, is not needed 'couse MacPro have pciex Vega/Navi gpu and not need renane etc. at all (they have pegp and not gfx0)... And, using MacPro smbios with navi dgpu on Monterey and +, give you full drm fairplay 1.x 2.x and 3.x support without using artifacts or try roulette with shikigva etc 😊

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But...what is really need with the MB in this topic, is EC usb for LAPTOP... This 'couse Aorus Pro Z390 have it's own _STA argument on USB acpi... but..no one wanna ear me... LoL btw, without WEG, you can use all output port without issue and without using remap etc 🙂  

(pay attention: this ONLY with MacPro7,1 smbios)

The thing that CoffeeLake is iMac18.x/19.x mandatory, is fake...

Is only related to power management on CPU...simply bypassable with cpufriend if you want (power management work also well without this...)

Edited by D3v1L

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

The only 2 essential kext are Lilu and VirtalSMC/FakeSMC ...weg is related to gpu and is "needed" with iMac and iMacPro smbios (with iMacPro is not really needed..) but with MacPro7,1 smbios, is not needed 'couse MacPro have pciex Vega/Navi gpu and not need renane etc. at all (they have pegp and not gfx0)... And, using MacPro smbios with navi dgpu on Monterey and +, give you full drm fairplay 1.x 2.x and 3.x support without using artifacts or try roulette with shikigva etc 😊

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

But...what is really need with the MB in this topic, is EC usb for LAPTOP... This 'couse Aorus Pro Z390 have it's own _STA argument on USB acpi... but..no one wanna ear me... LoL btw, without WEG, you can use all output port without issue and without using remap etc 🙂  

(pay attention: this ONLY with MacPro7,1 smbios)

The thing that CoffeeLake is iMac18.x/19.x mandatory, is fake...

Is only related to power management on CPU...simply bypassable with cpufriend if you want (power management work also well without this...)

@D3v1L I must say its superb info as per my knowledge for WEG / SMBIOS usage 👌

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Update your system.

Update OC

Switch to MacPro7,1

Remove whatevergreen.kext and related boot-args

Reboot

Reset nvram

Re-try

No glitch here ...with 6600 and with 6900 on DaVinci 18.5

I did what you said. Updated OS and opencore to 0.93, switched to MacPro 7,1 and no change. The performance in Resolve seams to be poorer then with imac19,1. It takes longer to load the project. The block artefacts are still there. When I switch from Metal to OpenCL the artefacts are gone. but the performance gets even worse. I use ProRes RAW in UHD and the artefacts appear even when no effects or grades are applied. Whatever Green is not in my kext folder.

Here my EFI

EFI.zip

Ok, i've downloaded now your EFI folder... ok... There's one entry in your DP pcilists...uhd headless...sorry, why? You need to eliminate this and must set to OFF your iGPU in BIOS setup... Try this EFI:

EFI.zip

This efi is updated to 0.9.4, have same serial in yours... so...test all WITHOUT SIGN IN ICLOUD, and then, CHANGE IT (you can use OC configurator if you want...in this case, they update all field in datahub/smbios and other without make it manually.)...Next time, never post on Forum EFI with S/N and/or other private stuff.

btw, make a good BIOS setup and disable iGPU (settings linked in spoiler at bottom of this post), make (if you want) your CPUFriendDataProvider.kext and enable it same as CPUFriend.kext (this 2 kext is not essentially for first EFI test). 

Run this efi, cleannvram, resetvram (yes, all of 2), press f12 at boot screen, select Macintosh HD ssd/nvme, select Macintosh HD on OC gui, press and hold "ctrl", then press enter. (this create a new entry in BIOS and set the default loading disc)

Try and report back.

Spoiler
Edited by D3v1L

3 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Ok, i've downloaded now your EFI folder... ok... There's one entry in your DP pcilists...uhd headless...sorry, why? You need to eliminate this and must set to OFF your iGPU in BIOS setup... Try this

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you. So the EFI did not change anything but when I turned off the iGPU the block pixels disappeared. Seams like the problem is gone. One thing I noted is that the open core GUI and the login screen have much larger symbols on my UHD screen. it's just an aesthetic thing but maybe you know how to fix it?

Just now, benjiolino said:

now just the login screen is scaled wrong but guess that's a macOS problem

Didn't use it...so i don't know how to fix it