AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

so:

exporting time with i5 9600k + RX6600XT (i'll try only with this rig 'couse we don't need to know about threadripper and real mac on this topic)

i'll use for h.264:

image.thumb.png.a790b5155675fe60358e363a60fe0942.png

image.thumb.png.c6bf1388bc16b3a7b14e86a9bedce726.png

and for h.265:

image.thumb.png.19c4d5a6b7f0d4a2db4ab9123478cde7.png

image.thumb.png.d43d3c0e787f5335e320929fb2050b6a.png

image.thumb.png.44720b15327e9b6549149a454924d6c6.png

image.thumb.png.ab67a59579ef2488389f8019e4eff656.png

i've try with fcpx and then, i'll export timeline (xml) and import into DaVinci...

Verdict for my use:

with FCPX, use iMac19,1 'couse FCPX take advantage from QuickSynch

with DaVinci, use MacPro7,1 'couse DaVinci take BEST advantage and BEST result with dGPU/eGPU 

Another noticeable... %cpu usage , °C temperature of dGPU and CPU clock during MacPro7,1 test... DaVinci need low cpu use..like that! LoL

FinalCutProX 10.6.5 (with latest appstore update)

image.thumb.png.b6822198a71981d9547018d7c558851b.png

DaVinci Resolve 18.1.16

image.thumb.png.5c15725be19ddff1cd3018665c3b2baa.png

btw, need to thanks @panosru to give me possibility to test with same timeline as for original post.

• Thanks 1

@D3v1LI also need to thanks @D3v1L for the EFI he provided to me and @FirstTimeCustomac for initiating the conversation on the matter for us to run some tests and see the results to clear the doubt :D

Since we are talking about SMBIOS, and since SMBIOS define the model of your Hackintoshes, it's like our models are from 2019 and we are now in 2023, until when our models will become deprecated and won't receive any more updates from Apple, and, do you think that we could transition to a newer SMBIOS when the time comes? 

Also, I haven't seen iMac19,2  mentioned in our thread, only iMac19,1.

Additionally, for my CPU (Coffe Lake S - i7 9700K), theoretically, the appropriate SMBIOS should be either iMac19,1 and iMac19,2, and for those who wear Intel 10k line CPU (Comet Lake), the appropriate SMBIOS theoretically should be iMac20,1 and iMac20,2. Since I'm (or anyone else), is on MacPro7,1 which is compatible with Cascade Lake W (a server workstation CPU by Intel), should we tweak something in our EFI and/or BIOS for a proper clocking and power management?

One last thing, @D3v1L if you remember, some time ago you suggested me to clock my Memory to 2666MHz to potentially fix an issue I had with Bluetooth not work after sleep, but then, you suggested me to switch to MacPro7,1 but I left the memory clock at 2666MHz, should I switch it back to 3000MHz as I had it before or there is a reason for having it at 2666MHz? (I will try now to switch it back to 3000MHz just to check if Bluetooth works or no)

Thanks!

UPDATE: Bluetooth works fine after sleep with 3000MHz RAM and MacPro7,1 SMBIOS :D 

Edited by panosru

Im at work now so...ill answer fast... Power management for coffeelake in MacPro smbios is ok...cpufriend make it more fine tuning...RAM clock for MacPro is 2933...2666 is ok for iMac ...is related to USB not properly eject bug, dual click ti wake up monitor after sleep and sometimes with BT...if you put 3000 and works, is pretty good!  ...btw...for smbios to use..in my work, i need drm on safari with 4k support and i encode only in h265 on davinci so...ahahah lol

Edited by D3v1L
  • Thanks 1

@alboz83 I used to make my own EFI but to be fair, the EFI I'm now using is built by @D3v1L and it is hard rock stable for me. The SSDT-SBUS-MCHC aml is for fixing AppleSMBus support, the SSDT-GPRW that I have there is something for my personal taste, I hate waking my hackintosh via mouse or keyboard or USB in general, I want when I put it to sleep to wake it up only via the power button, so, that is it's purpose for me :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alboz83 said:

@panosruHi, i have pretty much the same hardware but i see in your config items that I don't know (for example SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml, SSDT-GPRW.aml and the relative patches). Do you recommend me to use them? For now I'm using this EFI. 

EFI087.zip 3.96 MB · 2 downloads

with this efi, you never boot at all.

it's impossible. 

you have declared 12 kext in config.plist kernel section and you have 9 kext in your kext folder...so, simply, it will stop during boot...

If your system start, you are very lucky lol 🤣

btw maybe you've removed BT kext before zip the folder...

where do you find this efi?

I see you have AorusPRO-USB.kext...so maybe I will know where do you find the base (not the entire efi)

Edited by D3v1L

4 hours ago, D3v1L said:

with this efi, you never boot at all.

it's impossible. 

you have declared 12 kext in config.plist kernel section and you have 9 kext in your kext folder...so, simply, it will stop during boot...

If your system start, you are very lucky lol 🤣

btw maybe you've removed BT kext before zip the folder...

where do you find this efi?

I see you have AorusPRO-USB.kext...so maybe I will know where do you find the base (not the entire efi)

ahahahah i remove 3 kexts for upload efi (the entire efi is 26mb). This Efi is made by me with help an Italian forum. Works well but maybe is possible to improve it  

13 hours ago, alboz83 said:

ahahahah i remove 3 kexts for upload efi (the entire efi is 26mb). This Efi is made by me with help an Italian forum. Works well but maybe is possible to improve it  

oh ok...so now is more clear LoL xD btw, why use usbinjectall instead usb mapping? ...

34 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

oh ok...so now is more clear LoL xD btw, why use usbinjectall instead usb mapping? ...

😁 usbinjectall is in EFI but in the config is disable. I use AorusPRO-USB.kext for usb, mapped for my pc. So for my hardware and looking panosru efi I see that there is SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml, NVMeFix.kext, RadeonSensor.kext that I don't use. Is better to add it in my efi? 

5 hours ago, alboz83 said:

😁 usbinjectall is in EFI but in the config is disable. I use AorusPRO-USB.kext for usb, mapped for my pc. So for my hardware and looking panosru efi I see that there is SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml, NVMeFix.kext, RadeonSensor.kext that I don't use. Is better to add it in my efi? 

Ehm...nope...in your config, AorusPRO-USB.kext is DISABLED and USBInjectAll.kext is ENABLED...

image.thumb.png.c0c1dd43c6984df8fc4e1c0c24b4e5db.png

LoL

BTW for the other...

Well, mchc is for sbus fine tuning...so, not needed but great to have...

nvmefix.kext, ..if you have NVME on your rig, this kext is good to improve power management for nvme...so, same as mchc, is ok for fine tuning...

RadeonSensor, is for read smc info with iStat and other software...not really needed but usefull 🙂 

Edited by D3v1L

I am really curious about the NVMe kext. I've never included it in my EFI and I've never had any problems. Can some someone shed some more light on what it does? Reading the github description doesn’t saw much other than it helps if you have an NVMe drive. I added it today and have no problems booting. How do I know it is working and if I really want to keep it?

8 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Ehm...nope...in your config, AorusPRO-USB.kext is DISABLED and USBInjectAll.kext is ENABLED...

image.thumb.png.c0c1dd43c6984df8fc4e1c0c24b4e5db.png

LoL

BTW for the other...

Well, mchc is for sbus fine tuning...so, not needed but great to have...

nvmefix.kext, ..if you have NVME on your rig, this kext is good to improve power management for nvme...so, same as mchc, is ok for fine tuning...

RadeonSensor, is for read smc info with iStat and other software...not really needed but usefull 🙂 

Ops 😅 i forgot to disable usbinjectall and enable AorusPro-USB. 
Ok for the rest i understand thank you 😊 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I am really curious about the NVMe kext. I've never included it in my EFI and I've never had any problems. Can some someone shed some more light on what it does? Reading the github description doesn’t saw much other than it helps if you have an NVMe drive. I added it today and have no problems booting. How do I know it is working and if I really want to keep it?

Hi - I am not absolutely certain but you can omit the NVMe kext as it is now included into OC but I still use it after altering some properties in the Contents/Info.plist of the kext to show Apple SSD Controller instead of Generic (purely cosmetic) and renaming the kext as eSaFNVMeFix.kext. The downside to this process is when there is an update to the kext, which is not often, I have to make the same adjustments to the new kext again. Maybe someone else can give a more technical explanation of the purpose of using or not using the kext.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 05.02.05.png

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 05.02.36.png

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

nvmefix is not integrated into OC. Maybe get confused with older .EFI drivers? (nvmexpressdxe.efi)

Hence the reason I said I was not certain about my answer - thanks.

I am sure there was a discussion sometime back about this subject, but as you stated it could have been about the Driver and not the kext.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi - I am not absolutely certain but you can omit the NVMe kext as it is now included into OC but I still use it after altering some properties in the Contents/Info.plist of the kext to show Apple SSD Controller instead of Generic (purely cosmetic) and renaming the kext as eSaFNVMeFix.kext. The downside to this process is when there is an update to the kext, which is not often, I have to make the same adjustments to the new kext again. Maybe someone else can give a more technical explanation of the purpose of using or not using the kext.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 05.02.05.png

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 05.02.36.png

@eSaFCan you Please share info.plist With your changes ??, i want to look after your changes 

3 hours ago, datafeedexpert said:

@eSaFCan you Please share info.plist With your changes ??, i want to look after your changes

My process is quite long winded and I am afraid of me doing a write up for you would not do it proper justice. There is a Tutorial here on IM on how it is done in great detail, hopefully @miliuco or anyone else will see this post and point you in the right direction.

In saying that I have attached a sort of Tutorial Guide that I copied from the original write up, do not use any of the kexts within the Folder, they are only there to hopefully guide you when reading the accompanying written guide, use the released NVMe.kext to make the alterations for your machine and then when the results are satisfactory, rename it to whatever you like. Good luck.

RENAME Generic Controller-folder Files.zip

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

@datafeedexpert There is a possibility that the example eSaFNVMe.kext within the posted folder above is from my old Z390 machine, this is the Info.plist from my new Z490 machine showing the changes made to the NVMeFix.kext Info.plist and renamed as eSaFNVMe.kext.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 20.18.47.png

• Like 1

You would think, after more than four years with a working set-up, I would stop tinkering!

I have this in my config and can not for the life of me remember why I put it there. Anyone have a clue?

<key>All</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Delete A M I</string>
                    <key>Enabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>OemTableId</key>
                    <data></data>
                    <key>TableLength</key>
                    <integer>11547</integer>
                    <key>TableSignature</key>
                    <data>U1NEVA==</data>

NVMeFix does attempt some functional fixes for Samsung drives iirc, though Samsung drives like the PM981 still don't work really in macOS.
The main thing NVMeFix does right now is enable power management for NVMe drives, which is especially nice in laptops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

You would think, after more than four years with a working set-up, I would stop tinkering!

I have this in my config and can not for the life of me remember why I put it there. Anyone have a clue?

<key>All</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Delete A M I</string>
                    <key>Enabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>OemTableId</key>
                    <data></data>
                    <key>TableLength</key>
                    <integer>11547</integer>
                    <key>TableSignature</key>
                    <data>U1NEVA==</data>

ACPI > Delete
You probably mapped the usb via ssdt , this is the drop to prevent the original (OEM) table from being loaded

Spoiler

1118393131_Screenshot2023-02-03alle23_51_21.png.4470e9f2996a67b061d1653d1503af67.png

I was wondering if someone has tried a DisplayPort hub or something similar to get two displays out of one DP port (not mirror). I'm trying to find a GPU that supports Navi but also has at least 5 outputs, the closest I found is Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700 XT 8GB with 3 DisplayPorts and 3 HDMI ports. I'm not sure how much better the 5700 XT is compared to my RX580, but I was looking for a 6600 XT, unfortunately, I can't find any 6k XT series with more than 4 ports :( WTF, why only 4 ports?? I also believe that MST and DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining are not supported by macOS, and since we cannot have a secondary dGPU, then you only can have as many displays as our dGPU's outputs 😕 

I know that not many have more than 3 displays, but maybe there is a workaround that I'm not aware of so that I can keep my 5-monitor setup and upgrade to an RX 6k XT series dGPU? :D

Thanks!

Edited by panosru

...only way, if you want, is W series.... Radeon pro W6800 (a 6800xt with steroids lol) is good...i have "dual" version... Normal version have 6x output...

Edited by D3v1L