AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

@Blesh not possible... MacPro doesn't have any kind of iGPU so.... xD no way to getting it working (in headless mode like on iMac19,1)... have faster encoding need to pay the due (no sidecar and igpu/t2 related like private relay) xD LoL 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, panosru said:

Is it possible to make "Hey Siri" with MacPro 7,1 smbios? Thanks!

Nope... (yep but only with os voice control extension)

Edited by D3v1L
  • Thanks 1

@D3v1L ah, pity, I thought that there could be a workaround some how, indeed voice control extension works, but it's not the same, well, better something than nothing :D

Thanks!

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

Question, has anyone installed a NVMe PCIe 4.0 adapter in their system and does it allow yo to boot from it?

I boot from a pcie 3 nvme drive and adaptor on my old Mac Pro 5,1 and on my hack from a pcie nvme 3.0 drive. So I can’t imagine any reason why you wouldn’t be able to boot of a pcie 4x drive & adapter. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, pkdesign said:

Question, has anyone installed a NVMe PCIe 4.0 adapter in their system and does it allow yo to boot from it?

...it work but you get gen3 speed... 'couse pciex on aorus pro, have this number of line and determine coil whine...but it work's (if i remember well...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, D3v1L said:

...it work but you get gen3 speed... 'couse pciex on aorus pro, have this number of line and determine coil whine...but it work's (if i remember well...)

That is what I thought would be the case. Still Gen 3 speed regardless.

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone here uses the Apple's keyboard with touch id and if it natively recognised by the system.

Also, since I adore my DAS keyboard and I have no plans replacing it, I was wondering if I attach a usb touch id accessory will it be recognised by macOS, probably not I guess?

Same question applies for FaceID, I guess it is hardware related and not software alone, that is why T2 chip is needed?

Thanks a lot in advance for the info! :)

@pkdesign, I have an NVMe PCIe card because I have 4 M2 drives, I also tested if I can boot from it, and I can, the speed of course is limited to gen3 obviously, but it works if you want to boot from it, but, if you mobo's M.2 slots aren't damaged, then I don't see any benefit from booting via the PCIe card.

UPDATE:

I think I kind of got my answer from this video, but hey, I'm all ears if someone has experience on the matter :D I'll keep an eye on facebook marketplace for used apple keyboards with touch id to make one touch id in a 3d printed enclosure for myself :D

UPDATE2:

Nope, it seems that the touch id on the keyboard works only with apple silicon... So, the only viable (not free) alternative is MacID and the newer Unlox... 

Edited by panosru
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Is there something that need’s to be done, EFI-wise, for Boot Camp to work? 

No matter what I’ve tried, I’m unable to use Boot Camp to setup Windows on a second SSD drive.

thanks!

UPDATE:

I followed this guide and it worked liked a charm! :D

Edited by panosru

On 12/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, panosru said:

Hi! Is there something that need’s to be done, EFI-wise, for Boot Camp to work? 

No matter what I’ve tried, I’m unable to use Boot Camp to setup Windows on a second SSD drive.

thanks!

UPDATE:

I followed this guide and it worked liked a charm! :D

uhm... Win on a second ssd...why you need bootcamp? no polemics, only question! 🙂 why don't use instead "f12" and select ssd or, much easy, use OC to boot up Win on second ssd? (btw, I use the last option...2x nvme 2x OS boot Win11 from OC without acpi injected etc....) 

btw,  i'll repeat, mine is only a simply question 🙂 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

Happy new year everyone! I wish you all, all the best!

@D3v1L no worries! I'm not easily offended hahaha I need Boot Camp because most of the time I use Windows while inside macOS, I rarely boot into Windows, actually I do that only when I want to play a game that only runs on Windows, and the last time that happened was about 3 years ago, but mostly because of my heavy schedule not because I don't want to play games :P 

That being said, without Boot Camp you can't use Parallels or VMware to use directly your Windows installation that you installed on an SSD and boot into it while using macOS :) So yeah, that's why I wanted Boot Camp. I wasn't able to install Windows with Boot Camp though, I installed it normally (I had to unplug all my drives and only leave the Windows SSD), then, once the installation was complete, I installed Boot Camp drivers and now everything works like a charm! When I boot into Windows I'm getting 13k in 3d Mark and only 6k when I boot into Parallels VM (with nested virtualisation off), so, for a very light game you can also enjoy it while listening to Apple Music haha

PS: OMG! Bellinzona looks STUNNINGLY beautiful! 😱

Edited by panosru
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, panosru said:

Happy new year everyone! I wish you all, all the best!

@D3v1L no worries! I'm not easily offended hahaha I need Boot Camp because most of the time I use Windows while inside macOS, I rarely boot into Windows, actually I do that only when I want to play a game that only runs on Windows, and the last time that happened was about 3 years ago, but mostly because of my heavy schedule not because I don't want to play games :P 

That being said, without Boot Camp you can't use Parallels or VMware to use directly your Windows installation that you installed on an SSD and boot into it while using macOS :) So yeah, that's why I wanted Boot Camp. I wasn't able to install Windows with Boot Camp though, I installed it normally (I had to unplug all my drives and only leave the Windows SSD), then, once the installation was complete, I installed Boot Camp drivers and now everything works like a charm! When I boot into Windows I'm getting 13k in 3d Mark and only 6k when I boot into Parallels VM (with nested virtualisation off), so, for a very light game you can also enjoy it while listening to Apple Music haha

PS: OMG! Bellinzona looks STUNNINGLY beautiful! 😱

Oh ok right 🙂 

btw, Bellinzona is really lovely on spring and summer ahah but now we are in Verchnjaja Pyšma and...I have cold LoL but...i'll make all for my wife! XD

• Like 1

Just updated to OC 0.8.8 Final (On 13.1 that's been running fine; a bit late for the OC upgrade, as other stuff has been going on). No issues with the 0.8.8 Final OC upgrade except that there's a new entry at the boot menu called "EFI" that when selected, only shows a blank screen.

Since Acidanthera's been working on the backend with how Linux is handled, I assume it has something to do with that. Should I somehow migrate how my Linux installation is addressed by OC? Can I cosmetically clean up (remove) the presence of the "EFI" entry in the boot menu, if I don't need to use it & keep on truckin' with how my multi-boot has been working?

Anybody have a similar (multi-boot) setup & have found how this is best addressed? Thanks!

EDIT/ADDITION: I had been running an OC 0.8.8 pre-release I'd compiled, cuz I wanted the newer machine IDs/firmware numbers, and it did not (as of 12/20) have this "EFI" boot menu entry (probably because the architectural changes to show it hadn't been added from the 0.8.7 base yet).

Sweet, thx @antuneddu, for setting my search in the right direction! Adding an invisible (starting with ".") text file called ".contentVisibility" with content "Disabled" to the BOOT directory of the EFI, made the Boot Menu return to its expected, previous behavior & look (without an "EFI" entry).

This can be reversed by, while viewing the contents of the BOOT directory in the Finder, pressing Command, Shift and the "." key all together, to view invisible files, then dragging the ".contentVisibility" file to the trash and allowing it to be deleted (best practice is to allow it to be deleted along with a non-invisible file you know you don't want any more, to receive definite interface acknowledgement that the Trash has been emptied). Pressing Command, Shift & "." all together again takes the view of invisible files away again, if you feel you don't need it any more.

There are ways in the terminal to place/remove the ".contentVisibility" file, too; I just wrote the above paragraph for members of the forum who may be coming from a macOS background & are so far more comfortable with a GUI. Let me know if you'd like a CLI addendum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm experiencing a very strange behaviour from one of my devices and I do suspect that it is the device's drivers issue, but, I'm not sure though.

The touch functionality in my Wacom Intuos tablet (CTH-690) worked fine until recently that I noticed it doesn't. While the pen works fine and the touch is on, when I try to use my fingers on the tablet, it isn't working and the mouse isn't moving. I tried to completely remove the drivers and erase every trace of wacom, then install the drivers again, but to no avail. I tried connecting the device to another active USB hub that I have and it isn't working still, but, on the case's and motherboards USB ports, it works fine, even on a passive USB hub it also works.

Then I put the tablet back to the USB hub it was originally connected and put my computer to sleep, left the house, when I returned I woke the computer and I noticed that the touch functionality was working perfectly fine.

I reboot the computer, no touch... I put my computer to sleep, let it "power down", then woke it up and it was working! 

I have no clue for why the USB that the tablet is connected allows the touch functionality to work after waking up but not after powering up, could it be related to USBMap kext? I haven't touched it... very strange behaviour... 

Thanks!

On 1/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, panosru said:

Hey all! I'm experiencing a very strange behaviour from one of my devices and I do suspect that it is the device's drivers issue, but, I'm not sure though.

The touch functionality in my Wacom Intuos tablet (CTH-690) worked fine until recently that I noticed it doesn't. While the pen works fine and the touch is on, when I try to use my fingers on the tablet, it isn't working and the mouse isn't moving. I tried to completely remove the drivers and erase every trace of wacom, then install the drivers again, but to no avail. I tried connecting the device to another active USB hub that I have and it isn't working still, but, on the case's and motherboards USB ports, it works fine, even on a passive USB hub it also works.

Then I put the tablet back to the USB hub it was originally connected and put my computer to sleep, left the house, when I returned I woke the computer and I noticed that the touch functionality was working perfectly fine.

I reboot the computer, no touch... I put my computer to sleep, let it "power down", then woke it up and it was working! 

I have no clue for why the USB that the tablet is connected allows the touch functionality to work after waking up but not after powering up, could it be related to USBMap kext? I haven't touched it... very strange behaviour... 

Thanks!

uhm very strange...give me a try... post your entire efi (remove private data from config...) ...wanna see a thing...if you trust me LoL

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AslashA said:

Who switched to the MacPro7.1 profile? me...

Can you share your impressions? 300% encoding faster than iMac19,1+QuickSinch (but this in my case with navi card...with polaris, maybe 80/90%), more stable system, no need of WEG, on "info on this Mac" i'll see MacPro and this give me good vibes (LoL only a joke)

What will I win with the Polaris video card and what systems did I lose? depend on you OS, on Monterey+ you "win" full DRM support without any kind of injection; if set correctly, better power management; stable system; best use of GPU for graphics related. You lose: sidecar and all iGPU related.

3 hours ago, D3v1L said:

uhm very strange...give me a try... post your entire efi (remove private data from config...) ...wanna see a thing...if you trust me LoL

Sure! Thanks! :) 

Btw, as I said, it might be (most likely) a driver's issue and not related to EFI.

EFI.zip