AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,858 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, D3v1L said:

MacPro is faster, yes. Threadripper is much good with resolve, but it will cost a little more than a 13900k 🤣 btw, what is wrong with your 9900k?

There is nothing wrong with the 9900k. but faster is better with editing, right?

Do you have a resent EFI for MAcPro for the Z390 Aorus Pro? Mine is still at Opencore 0.78 and iMac 19,1

11 hours ago, benjiolino said:

There is nothing wrong with the 9900k. but faster is better with editing, right?

Do you have a resent EFI for MAcPro for the Z390 Aorus Pro? Mine is still at Opencore 0.78 and iMac 19,1

yes, for sure... OC 0.8.6 ...you need to make your own platform info (serial mlb etc..) and your own usbmap (if you use kext, don't use the current, it don't work. You need to edit plist file and rename iMac19,1 with MacPro7,1 on XHC section (2 x renames))...then reset nvram, and boot with this (on USB pendrive please, try it before overwrite yours.

EFI-MACPRO71-I9-9900k-RX6900XT.zip

• Like 1

Hi all,

After many years of success with AudioGod's EFI, now when i try to upgrade to Ventura, the installer reboots and nothing happens.

I've been updating my OC version and kexts with OC Auxiliary tools and everything works fine in Monterey 12.6.1

I am using a z390 Pro, Intel i7 and a Radeon RX 580 GPU. Imac 19,1.

If anyone can help me or share a working EFI would be amazing.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Is anyone here able to transfer calls between iPhone and Hackintosh? I can make calls via my Hackintosh and transfer them to my iPhone, but I'm unable to transfer any call from my iPhone to my Hackintosh, once I select my Hackintosh, the call is dropped. At first I thought that this might be a Hackintosh issue, but I saw similar issues in native macs and even recent ones with Apple Silicon. Thanks!

@stdmje Your OC version as well as kexts were quite old and really needed updating. I have included pics of before and after. Clean the NvRAM and try this updated EFI Folder on the Efi Partition of a USB Drive before you over-write your current EFI Folder. If it boots you machine ok then copy over the entire Folder as is and enjoy.

PS - There is no need to post files off site you can compress the files if they are too large and attached to your posts.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 13.24.47.png

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 13.25.18.png

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 13.31.53.png

EFI.zip

• Like 1

@panosru - It just works on my setup using a Fenvi T-919 Card, plus making sure Phone and machine are using the same WIFI connection. I have to say the picture quality from the iPhone is far superior to my Optia Camera. Personally to date I think it is the best innovation Apple has added to the app line up in OS X, it works seamless, you just move you phone close to your machine during a F/Time and it automatically switches over to the iPhone cameras without a pause.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 13.54.24.png

Hi @eSaF thanks a lot for that. The EFI works fine but still rebooting when trying to upgrade to Ventura. I've also tried with the EFI posted by @D3v1L but happens the same.

When i select the MacOS Installer in the OC boot screen the Apple logo appears and after some seconds the system reboots.

yes, for sure... OC 0.8.6 ...you need to make your own platform info (serial mlb etc..) and your own usbmap (if you use kext, don't use the current, it don't work. You need to edit plist file and rename iMac19,1 with MacPro7,1 on XHC section (2 x renames))...then reset nvram, and boot with this (on USB pendrive please, try it before overwrite yours.

I change my smBIOS to MacPro but did not notice any performance gains. Just did a comparison to my M1 Pro MacBook in Davinci Resolve, transcoding a H.264 to ProRes HQ which I do all the time. It´s quite shocking. The M1 Pro took 17 seconds and the Hack 1 minute and 5 seconds for the same clip. I wonder how this can happen. RAW performance is similar in Cinebench. I´m wondering if it makes sense to upgrade to a 13900k for example. During the export the 9900k as maxed out. The M1 Pro was using 20% of its CPU. I guess the rest was done by the hardware encoders. 

well Cinebench is not a refer... btw.. no, not make sense (for me...). ...fast encode...well same here.. MacPro7,1 is 10x faster than my z390 hack...Tr40 is 2x faster than my MacPro but... z390 is 1,2k€; MP7,1 is 38k€ and Tr40 is 9k€... upgrade, worth the money or is only to have something faster? I'll use it for work. Time is money and, for me, is worth... for you? (9900k vs 13900k in hackintosh uhm...I think is faster but..not sure is TOO fast...) 🙂 

Edited by D3v1L

"So strange... uhm i think make somethings wrong maybe with bios settings... "

Maybe something is wrong.

Here I made a comparison between my M1 Pro and the 9900k in Resolve. Quiet disappointing.

https://vimeo.com/769443452

here is the file I used:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThzRbBEonNY2AvZoD-rtJzj53byP3SmP/view?usp=share_link

I wonder if any of you hacks can beat the M1 Pro base model in Resolve.

@benjiolino M1/M2's are well known for it's great performance in video editing. Intel based hacks are good all arounders + you have the upgradability and the freedom to change parts according to your needs. If you mostly do video editing, decoding etc. then... yes,  M1/M2 is a better option in terms of optimization and performance BUT worst in customization and future upgrades.

• Like 1

@benjiolino Z390 + 6 core transcoding in 1min 37sec ; MacPro + 28 core transcoding in 41sec ; Tr40 + 32 core transcoding in 26sec . M1 and M2 is normally faster due to ARM architecture and 'couse they use dedicate transcoding chip... MBP have good speed! but...you buy it, they die with it (explain: update hardware not too uhm...easy xD ) btw, transcoding speed related to: ARM cpu, 6gbps native pci line nvme, native encoding chip etc. it's normal evolution 🙂 I think new MP with M2 chip it take 2/3 sec for doing this task LoL ... 😄 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1