AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, saCULar said:

Hi everyone,

I have updated to the RC of Ventura.  I first updated my EFI to opencore 0.8.5 and that booted Monterey no problems.  However it would not complete the install of Ventura.  Switched to eSaf's EFI to completed the install.

Everything works fine with respect to hardware with the exception that now the TV app does not play video for more than about 30 secs and then quits.  The TV app played fine under Monterey...

It is definitely a "1st world problem" as I can still watch apple tv plus using the browser.

Has anyone using a Radeon card (I have Radeon VII) updated to Ventura and are able to run the TV app successfully?

regards

saCUL

Navi AMD here... full drm support (fairplay 1,2,3,4)... All works like a charm... Netflix (Safari)/Disney+ (Safari)/Prime (App)/AppleTV+...at full resolution... 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2

Hello everybody,

I have a general question. I´m running a 9900k with a Radeon VII since some years and it was really a joy to work with. Since half a year I have the 14 inch MacBook M1 pro with 16GB RAM. I was never taking MacBooks serious for editing but this thing that I only bought when I´m traveling is faster in every single video editing and composition task in Resolve, Premiere and After Effects then my Hackintosh. I´m wondering if it makes any sense to upgrade my hack or just forget about Hackintosh at all. I mean the new CPU are not supported in terms of iGPU and who knows how long X86 is still supported. I´m really interested in opinions on this. I really enjoyed working on Hackintosh but if it doesn't beat a real Mac anymore I don't see the point.

23 hours ago, benjiolino said:

Hello everybody,

I have a general question. I´m running a 9900k with a Radeon VII since some years and it was really a joy to work with. Since half a year I have the 14 inch MacBook M1 pro with 16GB RAM. I was never taking MacBooks serious for editing but this thing that I only bought when I´m traveling is faster in every single video editing and composition task in Resolve, Premiere and After Effects then my Hackintosh. I´m wondering if it makes any sense to upgrade my hack or just forget about Hackintosh at all. I mean the new CPU are not supported in terms of iGPU and who knows how long X86 is still supported. I´m really interested in opinions on this. I really enjoyed working on Hackintosh but if it doesn't beat a real Mac anymore I don't see the point.

Hey benjiolino,

for video the apple silicon package has additional dedicated areas which accelerate video editing, especially apple prores.  But for general CPU bound work - I have found the i9 works really well.  It appears just as responsive for scientific work flows as the Mac Studio with a M1 Max chip that I use at work.

Saying that this is "seat of the pants", not extensive benchmarking comparisons.

regards

saCUL

Just now, saCULar said:

Hey benjiolino,

for video the apple silicon package has additional dedicated areas which accelerate video editing, especially apple prores.  But for general CPU bound work - I have found the i9 works really well.  It appears just as responsive for scientific work flows as the Mac Studio with a M1 Max chip that I use at work.

Saying that this is "seat of the pants", not extensive benchmarking comparisons.

regards

saCUL

and of course, if you want to play some PC games, it is short work to reboot to native windows, which you can't do with a native apple PC.

Ventura has been released, I'll proceed with the upgrade now :)

image.png.36e73902b4aea43b33f78a1910b4dd72.png

UPDATE:

The upgrade went very smooth, but Little Snitch isn't working, it's too late for me to check other apps, but I bet updates will come very soon.

Edited by panosru
Little Snitch 5.5 supports Ventura

14 hours ago, panosru said:

Ventura has been released, I'll proceed with the upgrade now :)

image.png.36e73902b4aea43b33f78a1910b4dd72.png

UPDATE:

The upgrade went very smooth, but Little Snitch isn't working, it's too late for me to check other apps, but I bet updates will come very soon.

So I also updated to Ventura on my in Intel hack and yep that's worked like a treet. However my Ryzencore tries to update & when it reboots it just hangs on the Apple boot logo with no progress bar, also USB devices are totally dead. I need to switch to verbose mode to see if I can see what it's hanging on and failing that I'll chuck in a spare drive and try a clean install & see it that works before wiping the main drive installation.

Edited by jimborae

@jimborae, for me everything works fine, tbh, I used to have many issues with USB, but ever since I ditched usb kext fix and moved to SSDT usb setup, I never had issues again with USB, although, I'm fairly certain that the kext works equally well, mostly likely it was an issue with my setup, but, maybe you could try SSDT usb setup and see how it goes. (more info here)

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 1:51 PM, panosru said:

@jimborae, for me everything works fine, tbh, I used to have many issues with USB, but ever since I ditched usb kext fix and moved to SSDT usb setup, I never had issues again with USB, although, I'm fairly certain that the kext works equally well, mostly likely it was an issue with my setup, but, maybe you could try SSDT usb setup and see how it goes. (more info here)

Any chance you could post your efi so I can try it out on my intel hack and have a look at the structure of it, which apart from the GPU is almost identical to yours? 

3 hours ago, dsynos80 said:

Hello after a long time! 

Would i loose anything if i switch from imac19.1 smbios  to 1.1 or 7.1?

I want to disable igpu.

Thnxx

...you don't loose nothing...but remember to log out from icloud before restart with new smbios or pc explode LoL xD !...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, dsynos80 said:

Hello after a long time! 

Would i loose anything if i switch from imac19.1 smbios  to 1.1 or 7.1?

I want to disable igpu.

Thnxx

I am switching from iMacPro1,1 to iMac18,3 or to MacPro7,1 anytime I like just for testing something.

I see any problem switching forth and back.

@jimborae I'm sorry for my late response, it was a heavy week. I'm attaching here my EFI (iMac19,1), bear in mind though, I'm using the latest DEV version of OC (0.8.6), technically it isn't a stable release, although, I'm on dev releases for a year now and I've never encountered any issue. Don't forget to clean your NVRAM after upgrading your EFI. It would be best if you place the EFI on a flash disk and try it from there instead of replacing your current EFI. I've removed MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID values in the config, use your's so iCloud won't log you out.

EFI.zip

• Thanks 1

Depending on your chosen USB port patching technique, you may need to modify your USB mapping kext when switching between different SMBIOS MacModels.  For example, if you're using USBPorts.kext generated by Hackintool, you'll see that the SMBIOS MacModel is part of the kext's Info.plist.

5 hours ago, panosru said:

@jimborae I'm sorry for my late response, it was a heavy week. I'm attaching here my EFI (iMac19,1), bear in mind though, I'm using the latest DEV version of OC (0.8.6), technically it isn't a stable release, although, I'm on dev releases for a year now and I've never encountered any issue. Don't forget to clean your NVRAM after upgrading your EFI. It would be best if you place the EFI on a flash disk and try it from there instead of replacing your current EFI. I've removed MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID values in the config, use your's so iCloud won't log you out.

EFI.zip 5.04 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks mate, much appreciated and for the tips. Will let you know how I get on, once i've had a play with it. 

I recently switched from Edge to Safari since I also switched from Android to iPhone, also Ventura came out, and I'm noticing video (YouTube and other websites) stuttering, anyone else experiences a similar issue? At first, I thought that the issue is happening only on Safari, but when I notice the stuttering, I quit Safari and try Chrome, Edge, and the stuttering happens there. I'm not yet sure if the issue originated from Safari, I'll have to go a day on Edge to ensure that the issue is global. On Safari I've enabled VT9, my iGUP is also enabled in BIOS, so hardware acceleration works. I notice that the issue happens when I leave my Hackintosh unattended so it stays idle for ~20 minutes, or it enters in the screensaver, and when I return and try to play a video on YouTube it stutters (the sound works fine). I tried quitting Safari and all browsers, in the activity monitor all processes are normal, nothing that drains too much CPU or RAM, and everything looks very normal, the only way to resolve this is by restarting the machine, but it became very annoying to have to reboot 4 - 5 times in a day just because the video stuttering and it won't come back to normal no matter how long you leave it.

Thanks!

Edited by panosru

7 hours ago, panosru said:

I recently switched from Edge to Safari since I also switched from Android to iPhone, also Ventura came out, and I'm noticing video (YouTube and other websites) stuttering, anyone else experiences a similar issue? At first, I thought that the issue is happening only on Safari, but when I notice the stuttering, I quit Safari and try Chrome, Edge, and the stuttering happens there. I'm not yet sure if the issue originated from Safari, I'll have to go a day on Edge to ensure that the issue is global. On Safari I've enabled VT9, my iGUP is also enabled in BIOS, so hardware acceleration works. I notice that the issue happens when I leave my Hackintosh unattended so it stays idle for ~20 minutes, or it enters in the screensaver, and when I return and try to play a video on YouTube it stutters (the sound works fine). I tried quitting Safari and all browsers, in the activity monitor all processes are normal, nothing that drains too much CPU or RAM, and everything looks very normal, the only way to resolve this is by restarting the machine, but it became very annoying to have to reboot 4 - 5 times in a day just because the video stuttering and it won't come back to normal no matter how long you leave it.

Thanks!

I prefer to use Opera browser 'couse whatsapp telegram and other integration but...i'll try now with Safari... no problem at all.

AorusPro z390

Ventura 13.1 (22C5033e)

Safari 16.1 (18614.3.2.11.2)

OpenCore 0.8.6 dev (no bootargs)

...try Disney+, Netflix, HBO, Youtube, Prime... FHD and 4k...

Maybe , if you have , try disable freesynch on monitor...

Edited by D3v1L

@D3v1L Ventura 13.1? They shipped 13.1 already? I don't have that update and "Software Update" doesn't prompt me to install it yet. My Safari version is 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12), but once the stuttering starts, it affects everything, all other browsers. The image is stuttering but the sound works without any issue. Mostly I'm using YouTube, but I also tried to run other video services, Facebook Videos, Vimeo, Plex, the same stuttering is happening everywhere. I will try to run a video in VLC and QuickTime once it happens again to check out. I have free sync enable, I'll disable it once the issue happens again to remove those from the equation, thanks for pointing that out!

Unfortunately I can't tell if that is something related to Safari or Ventura since I switched to Safari a day after I upgraded to Ventura... Opera indeed offers some cool integration, not to mention the free VPN functionality, but, since I moved from Android to iPhone, Safari is very easy to use between devices, synced history, favourites, keychain, etc.

Ventura 13.1 is on developer seed 😁 btw, you use iMac19,1 smbios right?...uhm bootargs? Sorry i try to focalize... (I don't use this smbios 'couse i need full drm and encoding power)

@D3v1L, ah, that's why I don't see it! Yes, I have boot-args value to "agdpmod=pikera alcid=7". I'm using iMac19,1 indeed, if I recall correctly it is the most suitable for my setup since I'm on i7 9700k and rx580 gpu, also I want to have hardware acceleration, therefore iGPU support is also a must-have for me.

11 minutes ago, panosru said:

@D3v1L, ah, that's why I don't see it! Yes, I have boot-args value to "agdpmod=pikera alcid=7". I'm using iMac19,1 indeed, if I recall correctly it is the most suitable for my setup since I'm on i7 9700k and rx580 gpu, also I want to have hardware acceleration, therefore iGPU support is also a must-have for me.

Well ...agdpmod=pikera is only for Navi GPU, not for Polaris (RX580 in your case) , try to remove It! 🙂 btw iMac 19,1 is "the most suitable smbios" only for CPU PM...not for all LoL 🙂 

Indeed, I have no clue as to why I had the agdpmod=pikera there... frankly speaking I noticed it just when I posted the message :P By "the most suitable smbios", I mean for my case, but, if there is another smbios better, I'm all ears! :D I just don't want to disable iGPU. Btw, I guess the agdpmod=pikera was completely ignored, do you think that it could affect the stuttering? Thanks!

1 hour ago, panosru said:

Indeed, I have no clue as to why I had the agdpmod=pikera there... frankly speaking I noticed it just when I posted the message :P By "the most suitable smbios", I mean for my case, but, if there is another smbios better, I'm all ears! :D I just don't want to disable iGPU. Btw, I guess the agdpmod=pikera was completely ignored, do you think that it could affect the stuttering? Thanks!

Another smbios...well, if you wanna have complete drm and encoding, disable igpu and switch to MacPro7,1 🤣 btw, "4 stuttering" uhm...maybe yes

I've download your efi folder...

btw... you have the "world" in "PCIList" section on DP LoL whyyyyyyy?!?!...

...GPRW broke your usb wake...you have issue with sleep/wake?!

last: what type of wifi-bt you have?

Yeah, I kind of added everything I have in PCIList 😅, it's more cosmetic rather than providing functionality. The GPRW is done on purpose, I hate to wake up my computer via USB devices, I prefer to use the power button (btw, that’s something that I have to remember and warn other people when I share my EFI). My WiFi/Bt is ABWB BCM94360CS2 Combo Card, works great.

Allright, give it a shot:

EFI.zip

it's MacPro7,1 0.8.6dev efi with working serial + power management for i7 9700K and your usb map...

so..

disconnect from iCloud

reboot to BIOS, set iGPU to DISABLED and try this (maybe with usb drive)...

reset nvram (press spacebar then first "CleanNVRAM" next "ResetNVRAM") 

select your device with F12

and try to start it...

Only for testing right?