AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

sure I'll give it a go in a couple of hours, I'm connected on a conference now, but, could you explain to me why should I move to MacPro7,1? 

5 minutes ago, panosru said:

sure I'll give it a go in a couple of hours, I'm connected on a conference now, but, could you explain to me why should I move to MacPro7,1? 

sure!

complete DRM support (fairplay 1,2,3,4 and not only 1,2)

200% faster encoding (exclusive using of dGPU instead of Quicksynch that it's ok maybe on Maverick)

much "очень красиво" to say i have MacPro instead of iMac! ahahah no ok LoL sorry xD but, maybe the first 2 point, are at least 😛

• Haha 1

ahahaha! Thanks for the info! tbh I haven't got deep into smbios differences, I remember that I tried iMac20,* something, I don't really remember, but I had to disable iGPU (like this one) and I thought that by disabling internal GPU I'm loosing the hardware acceleration support.

@D3v1L I booted into your EFI, I only changed the SIP and ui scale, I left everything else as is, now that it boots I might change MLB etc, but, it indeed looks... Великолепно!

image.png.e182c9cdeadfbaeb7075d3bd43a64d08.png

50 minutes ago, panosru said:

ahahaha! Thanks for the info! tbh I haven't got deep into smbios differences, I remember that I tried iMac20,* something, I don't really remember, but I had to disable iGPU (like this one) and I thought that by disabling internal GPU I'm loosing the hardware acceleration support.

No. Just hardware acceleration will be performed by a discrete graphics card. There is one note here. In most cases, the Intel hardware encoder/decoder works better than the Polaris cards. This is usually why users use the imac10.x profile. If the hardware encoder/decoder is not critical, DRM is needed, or a Navi+ card is installed, then it is better to choose the macro/imacpro profile.

9 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

LoL 😉 now, try hardware acceleration, and try the playback in safari... (remember, this is only a TEST)

Playback in safari and hardware acceleration work normally with the profile of MacPro. I checked at myself. There are no problems.

11 minutes ago, AslashA said:

Playback in safari and hardware acceleration work normally with the profile of MacPro. I checked at myself. There are no problems.

we have to see if @panosru hack work, not "in general"... I know hardware acceleration and playback work on MP71 but is not the problem that we need to resolve. panosru have some issue with playback in safari browser (video stuttering)... 🙂

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

we have to see if @panosru hack work, not "in general"... I know hardware acceleration and playback work on MP71 but is not the problem that we need to resolve. panosru have some issue with playback in safari browser (video stuttering)... 🙂

Strangely 🤔

Sorry for my late reply, I had to do some tests here. @AslashA thanks for the clarification, I though that No iGPU = No HW Acceleration. Frankly speaking, I don't give a rat's @$$ for DRM, Jack Sparrow is my friend haha. Truly, I never needed DRM, I mostly use Photoshop and FCPX, so I guess that means that it will be better for me to stick with iMac18,1 SMBIOS to squeeze that performance benefit you mentioned from internal intel GPU?

So far I didn't experience a stuttering. Also, I'm not sure that it is because of Safari since when the stuttering is happening, I quit Safari and try Edge and Chrome and the same stuttering happens there, usually that starts to happen when I watch a YT video, then I leave my PC for an hour or so, when I return and try to play the video, the stuttering starts system wide. I tried now to leave my PC until the monitor turn off due to idle, but so far everything works fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D3v1L said:

sure!

complete DRM support (fairplay 1,2,3,4 and not only 1,2)

200% faster encoding (exclusive using of dGPU instead of Quicksynch that it's ok maybe on Maverick)

much "очень красиво" to say i have MacPro instead of iMac! ahahah no ok LoL sorry xD but, maybe the first 2 point, are at least 😛

200% encoding speed ??!! WoW....Now you have my ears 😈

So, acutally I should better move from iMac19.1 to MacPro7.1 with my setting? (I don't care about DRM)

9 minutes ago, Blesh said:

So, acutally I should better move from iMac19.1 to MacPro7.1 with my setting? (I don't care about DRM)

Yes. Your card will encode faster than Intel Quick Sync Video. DRM will also work. After changing the profile, do not forget to turn off the integrated graphics in the BIOS.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AslashA said:

Yes. Your card will encode faster than Intel Quick Sync Video. DRM will also work. After changing the profile, do not forget to turn off the integrated graphics in the BIOS.

Just to be sure..

Switch with OCAT the "SystemProductName" to MacPro7.1
Generate new SystemSerialNumber, MLB, SystemUUID (new device new ID's right?)
Log out from iCloud 
Turn off integrated graphics in BIOS
-> Be happy about your GPU doing your encoding job

17 minutes ago, Blesh said:

Just to be sure..

Switch with OCAT the "SystemProductName" to MacPro7.1
Generate new SystemSerialNumber, MLB, SystemUUID (new device new ID's right?)
Log out from iCloud 
Turn off integrated graphics in BIOS
-> Be happy about your GPU doing your encoding job

I do not use OCAT and do not recommend to others. I set it up manually. So there is nothing to say about this utility.

But the procedure is correct.

Edited by AslashA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AslashA said:

I do not use OCAT and do not recommend to others. I set it up manually. So there is nothing to say about this utility.

All right good to know...

So I switched to MacPro7.1 and it seems to work, but my USB ports doesn't work, same here for Bluetooth. Stopped right before the login. Any idea why?

I attached my EFI maybe it is needed for better answering. (My EFI is 12MB for some reason)
https://workupload.com/file/qDZGtaF2DaA

Edited by Blesh

1 hour ago, Blesh said:

So I switched to MacPro7.1 and it seems to work, but my USB ports doesn't work, same here for Bluetooth. Stopped right before the login. Any idea why?

I attached my EFI maybe it is needed for better answering. (My EFI is 12MB for some reason)

You need to edit your legacy kext for usb ports. I'll take a look at your bootloader in the morning.

7 hours ago, Blesh said:

LoL with Navi and without weg, I encoding a 4k movie 'bout 300% faster than with iMac19,1 smbios ... The "200%" is not a law, is only for make a reference! 🙂 But , yes, your encoding will go faster...

You need only 2 things in mind:

1 )    You need to edit info.plist on your USB kext if you have it:

(that i prefer instead of ssdt mapping 'couse it's simply ti do and to set correct connector like 0usb2 ; 3usb3.x ; 255internal&bluetooth ; 10usb-c)

and change change "iMac19,1" with "MacPro7,1" under IOKitPersonalities section and on model key, you need to have like in pic:

image.thumb.png.98baa3d7fcff6f1a6280923d09281e5c.png

2 )    Make your own CPUFriendDataProvider.kext for CPU Power management

in EFI that i make for a friend @panosru, i've create a CPUFriendDataProvider.kext for his i7-9700k ...if you have same CPU, it's ok to use It...instead, you need to create a new one... Follow the CPUFriendFriend guide in Corpnwet GitHub and you have your kext for PM for you CPU....

And, After this blablabla , yes, with MacPro7,1 your hack have much performance (if you have a decent GPU) but this, at cost of a little more work with EFI...(cpufriend etc) 😁

Edited by D3v1L

8 hours ago, AslashA said:

OCAT is ok...but i'll prefer manual method too...just to learn some "how's to" on hackintosh world 😄  

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Blesh said:

2/3 consideration with your config...

• you have BCM943602CS, you don't need airport, brcram etc kext at all, so, remove it. Your card is using Apple driver.
  • you, like many user i've see in a long hackintosh time, have much bloated in device properties...in this area you need to put only not detected PCI and relevant modify to PCI... NOT all kind of pci list just for have a cool "PCI section": system go instable and slow. So, in case you use MacPro7,1 as your smbios, remove ALL of them*.
  • WEG, if you need it, need to be, in load order, the second after Lilu.
  • If you have other SSD in your rig, verify they use TRIM in system preferences, otherwise, set "ThirdPartyDrives" to "True" in "Kernel/Quirks" section. Your ssd greetings you... xD 
  • If you use Windows (maybe 11), set "CustomSMBIOSGUI" to "true" in "Kernel/Quirks" section and set to "Custom" instead of "Create" the smbios method in "PlatformInfo" section, this for prevent Windows load ssdt if you start it from OC bootloader (if you start it from f12 bios or if you don't have Win, simply leave it like now).
  • if you want to use MacPro7,1 and don't want to improve manual memory config, use restrictedevent.kext.
  • With your GPU, try removing Whatevergreen.kext and related bootargs agdpmod=pikera (THIS ONLY FOR TEST AND ONLY WITH MACPRO7,1 SMBIOS PLEASE, if MacOs reach the desktop, you don't have to use it anymore...WEG rename PEGP in GFX0, good for iMac but MacPro7,1 have PEGP and not GFX0 so...).
  • Add some kind of reset nvram to your drivers: "ResetNvramEntry.efi", add to your drivers list in "UEFI" section (not in tools), in "TOOLS" add "CleanNvram.efi" (wich is on tools directory in opencore  release folder) and remember to grant it "full nvram access".

reboot and if all is ok, live in peace with your "FakeHackMacPro7,1" xD LoL

...i upload for you, your usbmap revisited (set corrected MacPro smbios and corrected HS type for the first 3 port...)

USBMap.kext.zip

*if you use iMac19,1 , simply leave IGPU headless spec for QuickSync if you need it...

Edited by D3v1L

2 hours ago, D3v1L said:

2 )    Make your own CPUFriendDataProvider.kext for CPU Power management

This is not necessary for his hackintosh. His productivity will not increase from this. I did this plugin once for my i7-8700 and i5-9600K. Productivity from this has not increased anywhere. For such processors, it is more for increasing the stepping of the processor, especially the lower threshold.

But this plugin helped me with the Xeon E5-2678v3 processor.