AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

I just tried to update to Monterey 12.6 as usual, meaning I updated kexts with OCAT and synced everything to the EFI. After restarting I got an OC failed to parse config error.

I was able to finish the update with my boot stick and now when I check the config.plist in OCAT toools it also says "invalid .plist file". Is there a way to fix it or should I copy my config file from the boot stick and update again with OCAT? 

You are describing two different things. Updating macOS and updating OC are two separate actions and probably shouldn’t be done at the same time. You should always have working OC before trying to update the OS. You should also always have a backup of your working EFI so you can always go back to it if something fails.

So you have successfully update macOS to 12.6? Are you able to boot from the EFI on your boot disk or only from a thumb drive? If the EFI

the thumb drive is working, I would copy it to the EFI of your boot disk and see if you can boot. Then update that EFI to OC 084. A NVRAM reset can't hurt either.

• Like 1

I want to get an iPhone and make a switch back to iOS from many years of Android, I was wondering, those of you who own an iPhone, does everything working fine between your iPhone and your Hackintosh? Airdrop, bluetooth pairing etc.?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, panosru said:

I want to get an iPhone and make a switch back to iOS from many years of Android, I was wondering, those of you who own an iPhone, does everything working fine between your iPhone and your Hackintosh? Airdrop, bluetooth pairing etc.?

Thanks!

Yep no problem here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, panosru said:

Thanks for the info @eSaF! Are you using a broadcom chipset for WiFi and BT?

PS: I hope you enjoy your upgraded Hackintosh! Don't be a stranger to this thread :D

Hiya - I am using a Fenvi T-919, actually this board was a pig to setup as it is an 11th gen board with an 11th gen CPU and that is where I made the mistake as Apple does not support Rocket Lake CPUs'. I should have coupled it with a 10th gen CPU (Comet Lake) which is fully supported by Apple but I am hoping to rectify the mistake by ordering a 10th gen intel Intel CPU and hopefully recoup the cost by offloading this 11th gen i7 somewhere. As I like to run my P/C Headless, I can't at the moment with this setup so I am having to run it with the dedicated GPU and can't utilised the iGPU which sucks. I am asking my self why am I spending so much money at this stage as this maybe our last OS X hoorah, but I'm definitely done after this. Live and learn as they say.

• Like 2

Succesfully updated to OC 0.84, nvram reset and MacOS 12.6 thereafter using OCAT.

Tested for a week, there are no glitches.

Just a heads up, first time going from 0.82 to 0.84, I was greeted by blank screen. One reboot later - no problems.

This happened in both of my identical hacks 1 week apart. No idea what it was, but there you go.

As @eSaF said, there might be a couple of more updates left for our hacks. First time I see a problem, Im going with 2 mac studios.

I just will miss going back and forth with windows/macos for daily stuff. 

This adventure all started with price justification of an iMac, but at this point, as these are my main workstations, I cannot risk updates or stray EFI configs messing with my work.

This is a hard route for non software savvy people like me.

My 2cents, If you like the apple ecosystem and hardware (which I do and use hard daily) - go buy the real stuff if you can afford it.

pay once cry once. I already got the m1 mbp 16" and I am a happy camper.

7 hours ago, panosru said:

Thanks!

I use iphone/ipad continuity, airdrop etc in all aspects everyday since day 1. no problem here as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, erolsansolo said:

First time I see a problem, Im going with 2 mac studios

I agree because the amount of money I am having to throw at this Build, I could put towards the real thing but I will miss the pleasure of tinkering. :P

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I agree because the amount of money I am having to throw at this Build, I could put towards the real thing but I will miss the pleasure of tinkering. :P

Well it was Hackintosh that first got me into Apple's ecosystem and maybe that's why they don't go hard after non comercial hackintoshers. The family and myself now all have multiple iPhones, I'm now on my 4th Mac Mini and all this is because I started with a hackintosh. I'll also at some point probably upgrade my M1 Mini to a Studio but I'll also keep my PC's running Open Core for as long as it's feasible. 

And yes running Open Core on even 10 Gen Intel cpu's is a bit of a ball ache, at least it was on my NUC10 iirc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimborae said:

And yes running Open Core on even 10 Gen Intel cpu's is a bit of a ball ache, at least it was on my NUC10 iirc. 

Oh dear, I am hoping I have better luck as the 10th Gen CPU (Comet/Coffee Lake) is supported by Apple because at the moment with this 11th Gen i7 CPU (Rocket Lake - unsupported) is like having a Ferrari and just unable to at least break the speed limit just once.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, panosru said:

Thanks!

Works 100% perfectly!

• Like 2

I think, besides Ventura, we might have at least one more major OS version support, but I believe that gradually there will be less features available for Intel macs, therefore might be as well the update to a new OS be pointless if half of the features wont be supported. My machine has some juice left, it's quite fine, I can edit 4k videos with ease and anything I do is fast, when it comes a time where I'll ned to upgrade my PC, I most likely will switch to a real mac, my current NVMe drives will be moved to an external case and I also might place my GPU to an external host to use it as an external GPU for some dedicated work, I think there are some cases where you can plug a GPU and use it via thunderbolt with a mac as an external CPU, the rest of my PC might be converted to a local home server and replace an old Toshiba laptop that I have now acting as a private home server :D so... no e-waste :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Oh dear, I am hoping I have better luck as the 10th Gen CPU (Comet/Coffee Lake) is supported by Apple because at the moment with this 11th Gen i7 CPU (Rocket Lake - unsupported) is like having a Ferrari and just unable to at least break the speed limit just once.

Well it was a long time ago that tried Open Core & MacOS on my NUC so things maybe a lot better now so I think you should be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi friends,

anyone else here who is still suffering from bluetooth not working after wake from sleep  ?

one solution was/is to downgrade memory to speed 2666 MHz

A switch to MacPro7,1 SMB seems to fix it else. Memory back to 3200MHz

Take care of USB mapping kext or better go for SSDT mapping before changing your SMB !!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Ziadantosh said:

Anybody using Ventura beta? and how is the general performance and any obvious bugs?

Actually it's not bad and we are probably one or two Betas away from the RC in my humble estimation.

• Like 2

Edit:  Resolved.  Finally figured out which button to press in OC Auxiliary Tools. :D

So, I'm finally upgrading from Clover to OC as I'm planning to finally move to Big Sur.

The only problem is, I didn't have an MLB value in Clover.  Any guide to how to generate one?

Edited by map002
typo

Ok, so, I finally booted to the latest version of OC with the latest kexts and AudioGod’s config.  Previous boot loader had been a year-old version of Clover.

Booted up and was taking too long looking at the OC boot options and it defaulted to trying to load up an old Windows boot disk I’d wiped and got the BSOD.

So, fine, I power the machine off and reboot so I can pick the right boot volume in OC this time.

BUT, cycling the power won’t even boot the board to the BIOS screen.  No POST code beeps, nothing.  Just sits there spinning fans with no video.

Am I missing something obvious?

I’d love to try it.  If only I could get the machine to get me to the bios screen.  Right now, I power it on and it just sits there without giving me any video or start up screen.