AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

Ok maybe your BIOS needs resetting, here is what you need to do:

1. Power down the machine and remove the power cable.

2. With the power cable removed, hold down the power button for approx 30 seconds (this is to remove any latent power from the capacitors).

3. Open the case to access the Clear the CMOS Pins (CLR CMOS) consult the manual for the exact location on the motherboard.

4. Remove the Battery for about two minutes, then bridge the gap of the CLR CMOS Pins.

5. You need to bridge the gap of the two pins with something metallic like a screwdriver for a few seconds, this will clear the BIOS settings to default and      

hopefully you'll be able to access the BIOS at boot up, you'll need to reset the BIOS again with the correct time and year as well to run OS X along with            

the appropriate settings.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, saCULar said:

Wouldn't hurt to try just with removing the battery alone before you go shorting things out 🙂 

Battery removal for >2 minutes has always got me back to default bios settings in the past.

This did the trick!

And eSaf, I'm going to give it a go with your EFI folder in a minute.

I was just suprised that it borked the boot like that.  I'm guessing it was the NVRAM that got scrambled.

I'll be a bit more careful this time through!! 😅

• Like 1

Well, using the EFI folder provided by eSaf, the good news is that I can boot off the USB installer and can enter the recovery app on the USB stick.

The problem is I'm not able to see my Catalina install as an option on OC, just a Windows partition and the USB installer.

And, when booting via OC to the USB installer, my USB keyboard and mouse are not working, so I can't do anything there.

I should add that I can still boot to Catalina using Clover.

Any suggestions?

Edited by map002
Added info about booting to Catalina successfully via Clover.

31 minutes ago, map002 said:

And, when booting via OC to the USB installer, my USB keyboard and mouse are not working, so I can't do anything there.

Is your Keyboard and Mouse wireless? If they are I think at this point you'll be better off using wired for both until your USB Ports are mapped properly under OpenCore. The EFI Folder I posted should have taken you all the way to the Desktop without a hitch. Remember when switching from Clover to OpenCore, you must clean the NvRAM each time before trying to boot off the USB installer, that is most important.

The keyboard and mouse are USB, not wireless.

i'll try wiping the NVRAM in OC before booting into the installer. 

Thanks for the patience!

41 minutes ago, map002 said:

i'll try wiping the NVRAM in OC before booting into the installer.

This is most important to remove remnants of Clover from the memory when trying to install OpenCore. It must be done even at failures.

Well, the latest is that I've activated 'Reset NVRAM' and the ResetNVRAMEntry.efi driver is there, but OC is erroring out and not showing me the option. :D

I'm derping hard on this one. Current version of my EFI folder attached. :)

EFI.zipIMG_1806.thumb.jpg.d117840118dd66e4a5476ce484fbe667.jpg

Edited by map002
Added pic of error code

So, perhaps I should be asking a different question.  If I can't reset the NVRAM with OC for whatever reason, is there another way to reset the NVRAM?

55 minutes ago, map002 said:

So, perhaps I should be asking a different question.  If I can't reset the NVRAM with OC for whatever reason, is there another way to reset the NVRAM?

Ok as a last throw of the dice so to speak, try this revised EFI Folder.

At the boot Menu, hit the Spacebar and click on Reset/Clean NVRAM then choose install and see if you can progress further.

EFI.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, so, eSaf, thank you so much, this one worked beautifully and let me clear my NVRAM!  Amazing! :)

Now I'm at a different derp impasse... :D  When I boot to the USB stick installer, it gets about halfway throught the progress bar, then the video blinks out.  I let it sit for a while (about an hour, just in case), as the HDD access light was still going for a few minutes, but the video never resumed.

I'm beginning to feel condemned to a lifetime of Clover... :D  Any ideas?

5 hours ago, map002 said:

I'm beginning to feel condemned to a lifetime of Clover... :D  Any ideas?

That means the Display signal is lost (could be wrong Frame Buffer for your RX 5700???, as well as wrong entry in Device Properties), you need to sort that part out as the installer it self is good if the HDD light is still active. How is your monitor connected, is it Display Port or HDMI? Display Port is the better option for video signal on the Z390. Have a search read the possible Fixes for Lost Video Signal at Boot.

Try and find what config.plist settings others have for the RX5700 and adapt yours accordingly.

Ok - I made a slight edit to your Device Properties entry for your video card. Clean the Nvram and try this attached EFI Folder.

EFI.zip

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if it is me or a common issue for hackintosh, about universal clipboard, when I copy from my iPhone, the copy is available to be pasted in my hackintosh, but when I copy anything from hackintosh it isn't available in iPhone... 

PS: I have an old iPad 4th generation (iOS 10), although it has hands off toggle, I guess the universal clipboard isn't support for such old OS right?

Thanks!

On 2/9/2020 at 11:09 PM, AudioGod said:

Keep your hair on breadwin....lol

i know what you meant bud but heads up us Londoners consider that a insult when you tell somebody they are too fast.

anyway here this will fix it for you.

To fix "disk did not eject properly" message use fixUSB.sh   ( Credit to Bernhard Baehr & syscl )  install open terminal:

1- Copy and paste :

// command will download the latest fixUSB.sh ( if link does not work, then follow alternative instructions at bottom)

git clone https://github.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep

Enter

2- Copy and paste:

chmod +x ~/Fix-usb-sleep/fixUSB.sh

Enter

3- Copy and paste:

cd ./Fix-usb-sleep
./fixusb.sh

Enter

Or use Onyx Maintenance Rebuild function instead.

On 10/18/2022 at 6:30 PM, Blesh said:

Updated to OC 0.8.5 with OCAT

AND

Updated to macOS 13 Ventura flawlessly 🥳

Do me a big favour and upload your EFi folder. I just updated to 13 but for some reason I have lost my Bluetooth.. Its a real pain. From the looks of your profile we pretty much have the same system.

7 hours ago, cabal2000 said:

Do me a big favour and upload your EFi folder. I just updated to 13 but for some reason I have lost my Bluetooth.. Its a real pain. From the looks of your profile we pretty much have the same system.

Sure. Don't forget to place your MLB and Serialnumber. I replaced it with "XXX" in the config file
https://workupload.com/file/gzZyLn2C7vF

I unplugged my BT Usb dongle and enabled the BT from the BCM94360CS2 card that I have, now handoff and universal clipboard is working fine, but the BT signal range is so crappy that when the mouse is more than 15 - 20cm away from the pc, it stutters. My Hackintosh is about 1 - 1.5 meters away from my desk, so the mouse isn't working at all... Isn't there any card with strong BT signal or a way to extend the BT transmitter somehow or use a dongle that is compatible with handoff?

I'm very confused on all these BCM* cards, can someone suggest me which BCM card should I get in order to have a good BT signal? It seems that many people are complaining about BCM94360CS2 which I own, so I guess I have to order another card.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I bought an extension cable with an antena and plugged it into the one of two outputs which was for BT, now it works perfectly fine! :D:D

Edited by panosru

6 hours ago, panosru said:

I unplugged my BT Usb dongle and enabled the BT from the BCM94360CS2 card that I have, now handoff and universal clipboard is working fine, but the BT signal range is so crappy that when the mouse is more than 15 - 20cm away from the pc, it stutters. My Hackintosh is about 1 - 1.5 meters away from my desk, so the mouse isn't working at all... Isn't there any card with strong BT signal or a way to extend the BT transmitter somehow or use a dongle that is compatible with handoff?

I'm very confused on all these BCM* cards, can someone suggest me which BCM card should I get in order to have a good BT signal? It seems that many people are complaining about BCM94360CS2 which I own, so I guess I have to order another card.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I bought an extension cable with an antena and plugged it into the one of two outputs which was for BT, now it works perfectly fine! :D:D

I have exactly the same card and faced this issue at the very beginning. Switching to 5Ghz did the trick. Also the reason why it is stuttering is due the connection screw cable to the case of your computer. Replace this with a better isolated cable (which you already did). BTW it is possible to use the integrated Wifi card from the mainboard with a kernel extension^^

Edited by Blesh

Thanks for the info @Blesh! Yeah, BT was an issue for me as well when I first built my first Hackintosh back in May 2019, I just used a USB dongle and I was fine, WiFi wasn't an issue for me since I'm a cable guy. Now that I got myself an iPhone I want those nice features of handoff etc, so I remember I had bought a BCM card, so I plugged it in and my mouse only worked when I had it like 15 - 20cm next to the PC, so yeah, I just got myself an extension cable with an additional antenna and it works GREAT now! My router's WiFi transmit both in 2.4 and 5GHz because some "smart" devices at home work only under 2.4GHz 😤

For the integrated WiFi, you mean if you own the Aorus Pro WiFi because the Aorus Pro doesn't have an integrated WiFi, but, even if you make it work, it won't support handoff features... 

17 hours ago, panosru said:

Thanks for the info @Blesh! Yeah, BT was an issue for me as well when I first built my first Hackintosh back in May 2019, I just used a USB dongle and I was fine, WiFi wasn't an issue for me since I'm a cable guy. Now that I got myself an iPhone I want those nice features of handoff etc, so I remember I had bought a BCM card, so I plugged it in and my mouse only worked when I had it like 15 - 20cm next to the PC, so yeah, I just got myself an extension cable with an additional antenna and it works GREAT now! My router's WiFi transmit both in 2.4 and 5GHz because some "smart" devices at home work only under 2.4GHz 😤

For the integrated WiFi, you mean if you own the Aorus Pro WiFi because the Aorus Pro doesn't have an integrated WiFi, but, even if you make it work, it won't support handoff features... 

Ohu.. Just saw that you don't have the WiFi version. Do you mind to share the link where you bought that extension cable?
I seperated my wifis router SSID to XXX-2.4Ghz and XXX-5Ghz and connected to the 5Ghz only. 2.4Ghz is used for the same purpose like you mentioned.

@Blesh I bought them at a local shop for a total cost of 30 euros, wireless antenna extension cable R-SMA Male to Female by Logilink and this antenna I wanted the extension cable because the length of the antenna cable wasn't enough for my needs. I connected the extension cable to one of the two ports, the one that is marked with BT logo, as shown in the screenshot bellow, and I placed the antenna close to my workspace, now all my bluetooth devices connect without any problem and the mouse stoped stuttering :D

38062077_Screenshot2022-10-23at1_18_33AM.png.984abea9483e1448e3ffcafb91f5a2b5.png

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I have updated to the RC of Ventura.  I first updated my EFI to opencore 0.8.5 and that booted Monterey no problems.  However it would not complete the install of Ventura.  Switched to eSaf's EFI to completed the install.

Everything works fine with respect to hardware with the exception that now the TV app does not play video for more than about 30 secs and then quits.  The TV app played fine under Monterey...

It is definitely a "1st world problem" as I can still watch apple tv plus using the browser.

Has anyone using a Radeon card (I have Radeon VII) updated to Ventura and are able to run the TV app successfully?

regards

saCUL

6 hours ago, saCULar said:

Hi everyone,

I have updated to the RC of Ventura.  I first updated my EFI to opencore 0.8.5 and that booted Monterey no problems.  However it would not complete the install of Ventura.  Switched to eSaf's EFI to completed the install.

Everything works fine with respect to hardware with the exception that now the TV app does not play video for more than about 30 secs and then quits.  The TV app played fine under Monterey...

It is definitely a "1st world problem" as I can still watch apple tv plus using the browser.

Has anyone using a Radeon card (I have Radeon VII) updated to Ventura and are able to run the TV app successfully?

regards

saCUL

Read the Whatevergreen DRM info page and used:  defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes , from the terminal to force AMD rendering and now Apple TV app works... might be at the expense of stability. Will wait and see 🙂

saCUL