AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,854 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Slice said:

No, UEFI Secure Boot for Windows is not the same as Apple Secure Boot in OpenCore.

Ok - So in the BIOS the setting should be 'Other OS' or am I on the wrong track?

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Ok - So in the BIOS the setting should be 'Other OS' or am I on the wrong track?

Not concerning the current thread i prefer to set in BIOS "Windows 10 WHQL" and then disable CSM.

Secure Mode set as enabled but without certificates it does nothing.

As well if you enable Apple Secure Boot in opencore then are you going to provide your own keys? Else what is the secure?

• Thanks 1

@eSaF 

Do you have an apple combo module in the kit? It's not in your signature. I have a question. The absence of a combo module does not cause any problems in monterey? In Monterey, in the console without a combo module, crash reports constantly appeared.

2 hours ago, AslashA said:

@eSaF 

Do you have an apple combo module in the kit? It's not in your signature. I have a question. The absence of a combo module does not cause any problems in monterey? In Monterey, in the console without a combo module, crash reports constantly appeared.

Apart from my iPhone, the wife's iPhone, her AirPods and her Apple Watch, that's it. If that's is what you're referring to, if it is not please explain.

7 hours ago, eSaF said:

Apart from my iPhone, the wife's iPhone, her AirPods and her Apple Watch, that's it. If that's is what you're referring to, if it is not please explain.

No. I mean wiifi/bluetooth cards for the computer. For example bcm94360cs2, etc.

4 hours ago, AslashA said:

No. I mean wiifi/bluetooth cards for the computer. For example bcm94360cs2, etc.

Ah ok I see, my WiFi/B-Tooth card is a Fenvi T-919 Combo card that works very well in all OS X versions.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, eSaF said:

@Ziadantosh - Ok let me explain, despite what you've read or was told about a S/N should be valid but not registered, please ignore and do not use your current S/N unless it is from a genuine Mac that belongs to you and registered in your name. Your current S/N tells me it is already registered by Apple in their data base as one of theirs possibly out in the wild. Your machine sporting the same S/N is like you having the same license plate as your neighbour's car.

The problem with you using that S/N is throwing up a security flag on the Apple Servers, hence the reason you cannot log into some services for security reasons. You need to log out of all Apple Services i.e iCloud, App Store etc etc, delete that S/N, MLB and generate another that throws up the not valid message when checked which will mean it is unique to your machine and not already registered by Apple as one of theirs.

While you're at it, also generate a new SmUUID number as well, enter the new data. Reboot the machine with the new info, clean the NvRAM, on reaching the Desktop log into your Apple Account and try all the Services, you may have to wait a few moments for the Servers to accept this new machine also before I forget, you need to remove the previous machine from your account containing the previous (genuine) S/N. Good luck.

PS - See attached, this is the message you should get when checking.

Reveal hidden contents

401741915_Screenshot2022-08-09at20_58_39.png.d6c4e8a0a40fa628f6b2b6385d49e729.png

This MUST be pinned for people like me!

Absolutely works like a charm now!

Thank you so much @eSaF you are a legend!

• Like 1

Oh my... just noticed that I'm really running a very old build MacOs Catalina 10.15.7 with OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.4 Ready), 3rd May 2021  from AudioGod.

Does somebody has some pointers on how to upgrade this old version of OpenCore to the latest and then upgrade MacOs?

1 hour ago, dredhorse said:

Oh my... just noticed that I'm really running a very old build MacOs Catalina 10.15.7 with OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.4 Ready), 3rd May 2021  from AudioGod.

Does somebody has some pointers on how to upgrade this old version of OpenCore to the latest and then upgrade MacOs?

Download and install OCAT, it will not only update your OC to latest released version but also all your kext files.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Download and install OCAT, it will not only update your OC to latest released version but also all your kext files.

Done, already updated my "backup EFI" and creating a backup of the macos drive, will test tomorrow. Thanks!

• Like 1

I just saw a post on Reddit and thought people could weigh in.

Apparently SSDT-PLUG is no longer needed for Monterey 12.3+ and since our rigs include it I though this was interesting. I tuned it off in config.plist and my machine boots just fine and doesn't seem to have any issues so far. Perhaps we should no longer include in in our EFI's. Not sure how else to test it.

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/2013

Edited by pkdesign

On 8/19/2022 at 10:35 PM, pkdesign said:

Yes...this

works like a charm... kinda... 😞

I have 3 boot drives

1. EVO970 with the original efi and macos

2. A Windows Install

3. EVO950 with a backup of the efi and a backup of macos.

I updated Disk 3 with new OC and booted.

Works.

I updated Disk 3 with MacOs Montery

Works.

BUT... I'm missing now the option to boot into DIsk 1

Copied EFI from Disk3 to DIsk1... Disk 1 is still missing in Picker

Copied back a backup to Disk1, updated that to latest, Disk 1 is still misisng in Picker.

Any where to look at?

IIRC there was something vaguely about NVRAM stored in the EFI partition and needing to change that, but can't remember anymoe.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, eSaF said:

Ater some research I finally got it running. To be able to fully use UEFI Secure Boot we need to sign all Open Core EFIs in BIOS.

This is super easy since gigabyte has implemented a tool in BIOS. The functionis called "Enroll EFI image"-
I enrolled these efis

BOOT/Bootx64.efi

OC/OpenCore.efi

OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi

No files were changed during signing (hashcode remains the same).

After this OC boots as usual.

Important: This has to be done after every OC update. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cipha said:

Ater some research I finally got it running. To be able to fully use UEFI Secure Boot we need to sign all Open Core EFIs in BIOS.

This is super easy since gigabyte has implemented a tool in BIOS. The functionis called "Enroll EFI image"-
I enrolled these efis

BOOT/Bootx64.efi

OC/OpenCore.efi

OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi

No files were changed during signing (hashcode remains the same).

After this OC boots as usual.

Important: This has to be done after every OC update. 

You do realise the BOOT/Bootx64.efi Folder is now redundant after naming the boot Drive Opencore in the BIOS and can be safely deleted from the EFI Folder since new OC releases. The only time it is needed is inside the EFI Folder when building a USB OS X installer.

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You do realise the BOOT/Bootx64.efi Folder is now redundant after naming the boot Drive Opencore in the BIOS and can be safely deleted from the EFI Folder since new OC releases. The only time it is needed is inside the EFI Folder when building a USB OS X installer.

I didn't know. thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D3v1L said:

what about resetting nvram?...

You need to add ResetNvramEntry.efi to your Drivers folder and add the appropriate entry into config.plist. That is the current way of implementing resetting nvram. Check this :

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 1

I know it....i use 0.8.4 and not the EFI on this thread 'couse It contain dsdt that is not compiled well and suitable for my rig (i use my own efi with ssdt compiled by me) btw ...my question is: if i remove boot folder on EFI , what happen if i reset nvram?... 

Edited by D3v1L

2 hours ago, D3v1L said:

I know it....i use 0.8.4 and not the EFI on this thread 'couse It contain maldon's dsdt that is not compiled well and suitable for my rig (i use my own efi with ssdt compiled by me) btw ...my question is: if i remove boot folder on EFI , what happen if i reset nvram?... 

As I stated in my post above the BOOT/Bootx64.efi Folder is no longer necessary to remain in the EFI Folder, the only time it is mandatory, is in the USB Installer. Of course you can leave it in the EFI Folder if you wish. Just backup your current working EFI Folder to a USB drive and keep it handy just incase. Delete the BOOT/Bootx64.efi Folder from the EFI Folder in your boot drive, now boot the machine from the main drive, clean Nvram, go into the BIOS and name the Drive OpenCore, save the settings and exit from the BIOS, the machine should then boot to the desktop without the BOOT/Bootx64.efi Folder from now on even when you periodically clean the Nvram. Good luck.

(lets see if this post invites or induce any smart ar$e comments from certain quarters as the third time will be a charm) :whistle:

• Like 3