New Ralink RT2500-USB Driver [a la Airport Driver] - V 1.5

Prasys

381 posts in this topic

changed the appleps2controller.kext and the wireless utility suddenly popps up without the need for replugging. strange...

problem solved..not

Edit: It worked once while i changed the usb port when i was logged in, the rebooted it popped up, rebooted again it didnt..

Edited by cashgrow

Product ID: 0x705a

Vendor ID: 0x050d

Here's the RT2500Replug.kext with the added key for your device, it was not in the kext already so the replug kext woudn't work for your adapter. But just to be sure, the device is working but you have to remove it and put it back in every time after a reboot? Or were you not able to make the device work at all?

Btw. You need to chown and chmod the kext, remove kextcache and fix diskpermissions.

Good luck

RT2500Replug.kext.zip

Super Simania!

Thanks a million!

The device works fine.. just the replugg thing is very annoying...and no signal bars..

Thanks again.. going home from work now, so will tell u if it works or not in an hour or two.

Edit: It worked... great! thanks !

Edited by cashgrow

Edit: It worked... great! thanks !

I'm very happy for you, but now my own adapter has given up on me :happymac: just don't get.

@ Prasys: Maybe you can add the adapter from cashgrow in the 2500Replug kext, the applicable vendor and device ID are:

DeviceID: 0x705a = 28762

VendorrID: 0x050d = 1293

Or just copy the key from the attached kext a few post before.

I will add it Simania , let me just do some editing on the main kext to support some unsupported devices and do a repack again !

Okey great, this is getting a full supported driver by the day.

Thanks for the hard work, oh btw Prasys I noticed you live in KL, I love to hang out in the beach bar, the one were the sharks are swimming in between nice girls...oh well off topic :help::)

I am working on PCI thingy as well guys. For now i am going to make an installer for the new patches that i have fixed and release it.......by x-mas I promise....PCI thingy is quite hard and it might take sometime

Hi everyone.

I have a toshiba A105-s4084 notebook with the MAC OS X 10.4.6 and I just bought today a D-Link DWL -G122 C1 and I tried the Ralink Wireless Drivers Wizard and some other Ralink.It is identified as another ethernet (en2) but It doesn't connect to my wireless AP though it can see it, no protection at all. Any suggestions would be welcomed and great job to everyone, this forum is amazing!!!!

guys i need ioreg

hey macgirl , thank you for your comment. I am looking forward in this x-mas release its almost ready !

Does this help?

cause I got this error if I write ioreg -l

ioreg: error: can't obtain properties

| | | +-o pci1814,301@6

| | | {

| | | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=18446744073675931648,"length"=32768}))

| | | "device-id" =

| | | "IOChildIndex" = 7

| | | "name" = "pci1814,301"

| | | "IOName" = "pci1814,301"

| | | "vendor-id" =

| | | "revision-id" =

| | | "IOPCIResourced" = Yes

| | | "subsystem-vendor-id" =

| | | "Power Management private data" = "{ this object = 023b0300, interested driver = 023b0300, driverDesire = 0, deviceDesire = 0, ourDesiredPowerS$

| | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")

| | | "Power Management protected data" = "{ theNumberOfPowerStates = 3, version 1, power state 0 = { capabilityFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter $

| | | "class-code" =

| | | "compatible" =

| | | "assigned-addresses" =

| | | "subsystem-id" =

| | | "reg" =

00>

| | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = ()

| | | }

dilarang durian ;)

First post guys ......... thanks for the work in the driver

I see the package as a universal install so has anyone tried it on a apple machine an seen the results ?

I have a pismo with a ASUS USB adapter that I can try if there is an interest.

macparts, i am on an ASUS usb wireless adaptor... it works well.... u should give it a shot... as the installer is damaged, download pacifist and use it to install the individual components....

I see what you mean by the installer not working right ......... driver works pretty well . I couldn't get the airport thingy in the menu bar to work but will look at that more this weekend to see if I didn't install it properly. The machine even reconnected after sleep which is a REALLY big improvement over the old driver and patch.

Edited by macparts

OK, I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for your hard work on getting all this to work! I used your files and it works like a champ.

On a completely different note, has anyone got kismac to work with the wusb54gc installed with this method? I know kismac doesn't see the usb device by default so I made a custom build from their SVN of usb devices and it still did not work... Anyone have any thoughts?

._.