Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2020 at 11:36 PM, SavageAUS said:

Can Hackintool get my bootlog for OpenCore?

I can't seem to find the location of the OpenCore bootlog. Can anyone share this info with me?

Also does OpenCore still store the version in IODeviceTree:/options/4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version? It doesn't seem to anymore.

I’m not up to date with the latest changes but the user can decide what is left visible to the system for security reasons.

As far as I remember for OpenCore bootlog the user has to at least be using the DBG version and have enabled logging in Misc -> Debug -> Target.

The user is also in control of other stuff like the version.

Check the OpenCore manual for latest details. I will also look at this for DarwinDumper soon.

Edited by blackosx

On 6/4/2020 at 4:23 AM, kaoskinkae said:

A question because hackintools does not remove a tab with the "drivers" instalalled and indicating if it is convenient to update them

I'm not entirely sure what the question is but I'm assuming you're talking about how Hackintool used to automatically mark kext's that have updates available. The feature is still there you just have to click the "Update Version Info" button now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @headkaze

My USBports.kext work fine on Catalina. This afternoon, I try to install macOS 10.16: there is a problem with USB3 ports limit reached error on Big Sur  but my usbport.kext have 15 ports working in Catalina

Any ideas ! Please.

Hi @headkaze I hope you are well and safe.

A small bug accidentally discovered, for your next release:

The tooltip text for "Inject Fake IGPU" was probably accidentally copied from "USB Port Limit" code, in PATCH > Patch > Advanced section :D

Many thanks again for your continuing devotion to Hackintosh! Cheers mate.

P.S. A question to everyone: if someone enables LSPCON driver (and chipset supports it, of course) do we need still <key> enable-hdmi20 at all?

Per definition, LSPCon (Level Shifter and Protocol Converter) driver for native HDMI v2.0 ports (on supported GPUs where HDMI v2.0 is routed to IGPU).

I am a total n00b in Framebuffer patching and been studying the different keys added, first...

Thanks

2074741834_HackintoolTooltipBug.png.bb09c4443006e398c732e5731bf6d408.png

Edited by MacKonsti

On 4/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Shaneee said:

There seems to be something wrong with the bootloader detection. I'm using the latest OC from source (just compiled it)

Looks like you need to select the "Clear NVRAM" option in the OC boot menu.

Hi guys

Somebody knows how to make Device Properties in OpenCore for fake IGPU? 

I mean to use fake ig-platform-id=0x12345678 and Inject Intel, like we did before in Clover.

I have laptop with Intel Iris Graphics HD540 IGPU.

Works perfectly with OpenCore 0.6.0 and Catalina 15.5.6. Beta

Trying to install Big Sur Beta 2 and cannot reach installer.

Looks like the problem is in loading WEG kext

Some people recommend to disable this kext, which is in my case leads to KP.

I want to try to use fake ig-platform-id=0x12345678 and Inject Intel, like we did before in Clover.

I never saw how to get it work through Device Properties.

Can you please look at my framebuffer.plist and direct me in right direction

How can I do it?

Thanks a lot,

Val

framebuffer.plist

6 minutes ago, headkaze said:

I was referring to the OpenCore version detection. It seems that it doesn't update the IOReg key with the new version if it already exists.

OK - Understood.

Hi @headkaze hope you are well and safe!

Wanted to report a missing ID for Vendor 0x8087 that is still Intel Corporation. Is this due to PCIIDs not being updated, or some other tool issue? Please see below the screenshots.

Intel 9560 Bluetooth 5.1 Module [8087:0aaa] reported as ? in Vendor Name column.

Just wanted to check with you :D

By the way, how is "FW Loaded" detected please? This way I can ask the developer of Intel Bluetooth to improve his/her kext as it works very well on Mojave and NUC8i7BEH ! Thank you!

Spoiler

Hackintool.thumb.png.263a06556780f6be38ec384bba94896f.png

1389438088_SystemInformation.thumb.png.7f65a8bbc2b444b2698b449a6b99107d.png

Edited by MacKonsti

18 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi @headkaze hope you are well and safe!

Wanted to report a missing ID for Vendor 0x8087 that is still Intel Corporation. Is this due to PCIIDs not being updated, or some other tool issue? Please see below the screenshots.

Intel 9560 Bluetooth 5.1 Module [8087:0aaa] reported as ? in Vendor Name column.

Just wanted to check with you :D

By the way, how is "FW Loaded" detected please? This way I can ask the developer of Intel Bluetooth to improve his/her kext as it works very well on Mojave and NUC8i7BEH ! Thank you!

Reveal hidden contents

Hackintool.thumb.png.263a06556780f6be38ec384bba94896f.png

1389438088_SystemInformation.thumb.png.7f65a8bbc2b444b2698b449a6b99107d.png

I can add the Intel device id's (since they're "usb devices" they're not in the  PCIIDs database) so I add them manually.

There must be a "FirmwareLoaded" entry for the device's IOUSBDevice entry in IORegistry for Hackintool to detect a successful FW load.

BTFirmwareLoaded.png

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

I can add the Intel device id's (since they're "usb devices" they're not in the  PCIIDs database) so I add them manually.

There must be a "FirmwareLoaded" entry for the device's IOUSBDevice entry in IORegistry for Hackintool to detect a successful FW load.

a) Thank you for adding those @headkaze !

b) Please kindly add support for the working IntelBluetoothFirmware kext? Main repo is here: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware

This BTLE 5.0 module is integrated to the Intel AC-Wireless 9560 controller and works great on Mojave.

I asked the developers to also add FirmwareLoaded so you can detect it in Hackintool, please follow/join the thread if you can: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/issues/142

c) Please add to your to-do list the kext-check support for the soon-to-be-officially-announce Intel AC-Wireless driver: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm

Kext has been stable in late builds and works great (emulates a LAN device as it's easier to implement, needs HeliPort to control the device: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/HeliPort for those interested)

When you can, of course. Thanks mate.

Edited by MacKonsti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, headkaze said:

How to inject manually ? and this posible with my device .. thanks

Spoiler

1344866129_ScreenShot2020-07-20at15_30_07.png.2b8f5f38002fc477caad4345a056c0b5.png

47 minutes ago, Slice said:

Hi @Slice last time I submitted a USB vendor ID it got rejected saying that they are not accepting USB devices as there are way too many ones that can't be confirmed. So for USBs per @joevt the other site may be helpful to @headkaze.

Just my 5 cents.

P.S. Thank you to @headkaze for adding the new Intel Open Wireless kexts to the detected list of Kexts!

• Like 1

Hi [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] last time I submitted a USB vendor ID it got rejected saying that they are not accepting USB devices as there are way too many ones that can't be confirmed. So for USBs per [mention=623141]joevt[/mention] the other site may be helpful to [mention=1364628]headkaze[/mention].
Just my 5 cents.
P.S. Thank you to [mention=1364628]headkaze[/mention] for adding the new Intel Open Wireless kexts to the detected list of Kexts!
I just did an update with support for usb.ids. Right now it's only used for BT devices.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Slice last time I submitted a USB vendor ID it got rejected saying that they are not accepting USB devices as there are way too many ones that can't be confirmed. So for USBs per @joevt the other site may be helpful to @headkaze.

Just my 5 cents.

P.S. Thank you to @headkaze for adding the new Intel Open Wireless kexts to the detected list of Kexts!

PCI and USB don't use the same vendor IDs. That's why there are two database websites. One for PCI and one for USB.

While the USB database website doesn't seem to be working, you can still download the text file containing all the IDs (similar format to the PCI IDs text file).

At the end of the PCI or USB IDs text file is the list of PCI or USB class codes. One problem though is that the list of devices doesn't tell you what class code they use.

• Like 1

Two oddities I do not understand:-

When trying to search the forum for hackintool nothing comes up?

the other oddity different screens of information 

one snapshot suggests that it is mobile

one snapshot suggests it is not mobile?

The other oddity is when installing kernels 

I select my choice but hackintool always puts in system library

and removes it from Oc Kext folder

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 21.52.57.png

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 19.42.23.png

Edited by fuzzylogic