Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Have you read the Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen? Are you patching to a Platform ID that makes sense? Have you searched the forums for a previously created config you can use?

I briefly skimmed that article, will read through it thoroughly. But from what i understand to do any of the steps in that article i would need to be inside mac OS to open up lilu and whatevergreene correct?

Any help guide i've found is only useful once inside mac os. As i understand it this won't be a problem if i used a display port cable because mac os natively supports it, but not sure if thats true. I tried a DVI to display port adapter but still no luck.

And yes this is the build i've been following, essentially same configuration as mine (z390 designaire, i7-8700k)

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the help and I appreciate any other ideas you might have.

7 minutes ago, headkaze said:

No, you can copy Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other before you boot into macOS.

okkkkkkkkkk thank you. How would i do this? or if you could point me somewhere that could explain i'd be much obliged.

I am new to hackintoshes so be gentle with me.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, valhallen said:

But one more weird thing – my HS03 is detected as Bluetooth USB Host Controller. USBmap tool from corpnewt detects everything properly.

Love your tool BTW – terrific work!

Can you try selecting "Clear All" then "Refresh" buttons. If it still is not correct please post your .ioreg.

11 minutes ago, telepati said:

@headkaze sound name working now but no codec and revision, also USB HS order doesn't show right;

1514827949_ScreenShot2020-02-15at18_07_27.thumb.png.1fbc21aeabc5fae89a780aba15388275.png

iMac.ioreg

Click on "Name", you've the right order. I just find it. Problem: click for order at each time app start

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Click on "Name", you've the right order. I just find it. Problem: click for order at each time app start

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks @Matgen84 i know that. But this problem is just on HS, SS always in correct order. At least for me. Is your SS also in incorrect order?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, headkaze said:

Ahh yes, good catch! Thank you; it was indeed broken recently! Fixed in v3.1.1!

B)

hey headkaze, I have a suggestion for the entry posting which looks sad, abandoned as it is. Why don't you delete the entire out-of-date Release Notes section, and (if you have mind to), after each release add the current version after Hackintool, like this:

Download
Download Hackintool (v.3.1.2)

or point to the page where Hackintool gets the latest version from in case you don't want to edit each time?

13 hours ago, headkaze said:

It's fixed in the latest release (v3.1.9). You will have to click on the "Clear All" then "Refresh" button.

v3.2.0 broke again, I am seeing two HS03 which I reset multiple times;

Also new UI and Icons very great congrats headkaze :thumbsup_anim:

1754009262_ScreenShot2020-02-24at15_24_35.thumb.png.9d6a6250eb3299838f8b71b8485d82e1.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, telepati said:

Also new UI and Icons very great congrats headkaze :thumbsup_anim:

I try "Clean All" before "Refresh". It seems to work.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, telepati said:

The second HS03 is a port of the hub at HS12 (HS01 and HS02 are also ports of the same hub). Sort by Location ID. Does this not match your io registry? Is Hackintool supposed to include hub ports?

3 hours ago, CMMChris said:

On my Hackintosh it is fixed but on my real MBP I am seeing one port twice as well with the latest release.

Show a screen shot? Compare with your io registry? Is the duplicate port a hub port?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, joevt said:

Is Hackintool supposed to include hub ports?

It only includes internal hub ports but I didn't realize that XHC could have internal hubs so it's showing these ports now whereas before it didn't.

The main reason it's showing more ports than usual is the removal of:

if (usbConnector == nil && portType == nil)
    continue;

This used to filter out a lot of ports that shouldn't be configured for Hackintosh. I think it's because USBInjectAll only injects these values into the appropriate controllers. Also if the port does not have one of the above values you can't set its connector type but the idea was just to show it anyway.

I like the idea of showing all ports but it's confusing a lot of people. Maybe I need to add a column to show it's a hub port? Or perhaps only show hub ports for EH* controllers? Or perhaps it's best not to show these ports at all?

EDIT: 3.2.1 adds back the above code until I figure out what to do and do more testing on various systems.

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1