Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fuzzylogic said:

Two oddities I do not understand:-

When trying to search the forum for hackintool nothing comes up?

the other oddity different screens of information 

one snapshot suggests that it is mobile

one snapshot suggests it is not mobile?

The other oddity is when installing kernels 

I select my choice but hackintool always puts in system library

and removes it from Oc Kext folder

I get 801 results searching for 'hackintool' on these forums.

"Current Framebuffer" is your currently booted framebuffer information. The "Selected Framebuffer" is based on your selection from the "Intel Generation" and "Platform ID" dropdown lists. In other words the "Selected Framebuffer" is for when you're trying to patch to something else.

Hackintool will install kexts based on the location you browse to but it will never remove them from the OC kext folder.

Here are my snapshots of Hackintool removing kext from Open Core Kext and placing them is Library Extensions even though I selected to install in EFI OC Kext. Last snapshot empty EFI OC Kext 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 00.29.12.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 00.30.12.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 00.30.34.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 00.31.09.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 00.31.31.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 00.32.27.png

Re the frame buffer and selection, I did not actually select I just opened hackintool and those screens came up, so no selection on my part just an observation, that in one snapshot it clearly shows a "mobile" in another snapshot taken directly from Hackintool it shows that its not Mobile, I have not touched anything, same with the video memory in different sections of hackintool it gives conflicting information, it is just an observation, and wish to thank you for responding, your hard work is very much appriciated.

looking for help two issues

can anyone point me towards how to change from a Mobile Graphics processor to a desktop I have cycled through the different device ids trying to find UHD 630 coffee lake that would give me connectors for hdmi and display port, I am not sure if hdmi con is 40.0000 and display con is 80.0000 ?

here are a couple of snapshots taken as is:-

Motherboard Asrock Phantom gaming 9

cpu coffee lake intel i9900k

using internal graphics 630UHD

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 16.53.03.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 17.53.28.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 19.35.51.png

So recently my HiDPI modes disappeared on my hackintosh despite having WhateverGreen and the "enable-hdmi20" property set booting from either Clover or OpenCore.

So I decided to try injecting the HiDPI modes and was successful so I will share the method below:

1. Run Hackintool and go to the Displays tab

2. For "Inject EDID:" select "Apple iMac Retina Display (16:9)"

3. For "Resolution:" Select "2K"

4. Click the + button to add the Scaled Resolutions

5. Click the Export button to export the files to your desktop

6. Go to the Utilities tab in Hackintool and select "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode"

7. Go to Finder and select Go->Go to Folder... and enter "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides"

8. Copy the "DisplayVendorID-XXXX" folder from your desktop to the Overrides folder merging them

9. Reboot and you should now hopefully have HiDPI modes restored!

FixHiDPi_01.png

FixHiDPI_02.png

FixHiDPI_03.png

FixHiDPI_04.png

FixHiDPI_05.png

FixHiDPI_06.png

FixHiDPI_07.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey @headkaze, a couple questions on the Logs tab:

1. Was any button or anything supposed to exist on the Lilu panel? While I do see a "reload" icon on both Boot and System panels, there is nothing on Lilu. And no logs either inside the content panel (see #2 below, might be linked).

2. Even with the DEBUG kexts compiled and running, and with all the -kextdbg boot-args (-liludbg -vsmcdbg -wegdbg -younameitdbg lol), I cannot get any output from Lilu and friends kexts on any of the Logs panels. I have Boot logs, I have kernel and Hackintool logs, though. Are you aware of any changes on Big Sur's logging?

6 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

1. Was any button or anything supposed to exist on the Lilu panel? While I do see a "reload" icon on both Boot and System panels, there is nothing on Lilu. And no logs either inside the content panel (see #2 below, might be linked).

2. Even with the DEBUG kexts compiled and running, and with all the -kextdbg boot-args (-liludbg -vsmcdbg -wegdbg -younameitdbg lol), I cannot get any output from Lilu and friends kexts on any of the Logs panels. I have Boot logs, I have kernel and Hackintool logs, though. Are you aware of any changes on Big Sur's logging?

The one you're looking for is:

Add liludump=N to let Lilu DEBUG version dump log to /var/log/Lilu_VERSION_KERN_MAJOR.KERN_MINOR.txt after N seconds

6 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

The icon in the Boot and System tabs of the Logs panel is called "Refresh" (mouse over to see the name). System also has an "Erase Log" icon. You're right about the Lilu tab - no icons exist and the log is empty.

Try the "log show" command manually in Terminal.app:

log show --info --debug --style compact --last boot --predicate 'senderImagePath contains "Lilu" or senderImagePath contains "What"'

Using "--predicate" is faster than "grep". Using "contains" is faster than "matches". I think using senderImagePath works only for messages from the kext (the kext has successfully loaded). Using "message contains" is slow (like grep) but use it if there's no messages from the kexts.

You can also try "log stream" (instead of "log show") for realtime logging (remove "--last boot") but some messages might get skipped if too many are output quickly.

Thank you both @headkaze and @joevt. The "log show" command, which used to work on Catalina to display Lilu and friends kexts, seems not to work with Big Sur anymore for these kexts. I was able to get the debug output via liludump boot-arg (including it now displayed on the Lilu tab of Hackintool). Too bad I'll need to set a high enough timeout to be able to collect all the debug I'm looking for.

Regardless, much appreciated again for the hints.

3 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

Thank you both @headkaze and @joevt. The "log show" command, which used to work on Catalina to display Lilu and friends kexts, seems not to work with Big Sur anymore for these kexts. I was able to get the debug output via liludump boot-arg (including it now displayed on the Lilu tab of Hackintool). Too bad I'll need to set a high enough timeout to be able to collect all the debug I'm looking for.

Regardless, much appreciated again for the hints.

I use "log show" successfully in Big Sur. I had to compile Lilu and WhateverGreen to make them work (the code is newer than the releases). I use "kmutil load -p" to load them in Big Sur on my Mac Mini 2018 (not using Clover or Open Core).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, joevt said:

Try the "log show" command manually in Terminal.app:

log show --info --debug --style compact --last boot --predicate 'senderImagePath contains "Lilu" or senderImagePath contains "What"'

Hackintool's System log is similar:

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS[c] "Lilu")' --style syslog --source --last boot

LiluLog.png

• Thanks 1

Lilu    config: @ (DBG) version DBG-146-2020-08-02, args: disabled 0, debug 1, slow 0, decompress 1
WhateverGreen      init: @ (DBG) WhateverGreen bootstrap DBG-141-2020-08-02

HibernationFixup      init: @ (DBG) HibernationFixup bootstrap DBG-134-2020-08-02
CPUFriend      init: @ (DBG) CPUFriend bootstrap DBG-121-2020-08-02
VirtualSMC      init: @ (DBG) VirtualSMC bootstrap DBG-115-2020-08-02

That's really odd. No live logging but the above was captured from the liludump. I guess I'll begin troubleshooting Lilu by itself, then. Thanks again both for confirming.

I can go though the kext install with hackintool but although it place the kext in OC kext folder it doesnt appear loaded in hackintool under installed kext

os is big sur beta 4

the only way i seem to be able to load kext is if i do a fresh install and put them on the usb install 

any advise on how to install in big sur kext? 

20 minutes ago, fuzzylogic said:

I can go though the kext install with hackintool but although it place the kext in OC kext folder it doesnt appear loaded in hackintool under installed kext

os is big sur beta 4

the only way i seem to be able to load kext is if i do a fresh install and put them on the usb install 

any advise on how to install in big sur kext? 

When you do a fresh install does the install reach all the way to the Desktop? If it does then all you need to do is mount the EFI Partition of the main Drive and copy the EFI Folder from the installer to the EFI Partition of your main drive and reboot that should solve the problem if I interpreted your query correctly.

Hi, Thanks for replying, the EFI partition is already installed the issue is around the sealed snapshots mount error 66

Hackintool collects the kext off the desktop and installs it to the opencore kext folder on the EFI. When you look at installed kext in hackintool the kext that you installed by hackintool itself do not appear in that list.

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 01.50.57.png

On 8/5/2020 at 8:51 PM, fuzzylogic said:

Hi, Thanks for replying, the EFI partition is already installed the issue is around the sealed snapshots mount error 66

Hackintool collects the kext off the desktop and installs it to the opencore kext folder on the EFI. When you look at installed kext in hackintool the kext that you installed by hackintool itself do not appear in that list.

Kexts will show up under the Extensions tab if you install them correctly. Since Mojave you no longer install kexts to /L/E so there's really is no need to use Hackintool for this purpose. Just mount your EFI and copy the kexts you need into EFI/OC/Kexts then reboot and they should show.

• Like 1

Now I am confused I thought we could use hackintool to install the kernel extensions because it gives a choice of where you wish to install them? Under Open Core it suggests opencore kext folder?

so hackintool is ideal as it lets you select the destination, most other kernel installers only offer lib ex or sys lib ex, heres a picture to show using hackintool to install and the extensions tab

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 19.53.06.png

Anyone knows why my X299 system shows XHCI ports even after having ACPI patch XHCI to XHC ? I created a USBMap.kext and USB-EC SSDT using the script. But Hackintool still shows XHCI and XHC. 

The port map works correctly though and all USB devices correctly appear on XHC. Just that presence of XHCI triggers my OCD. Without ACPI patch, it only shows XHCI ports and not XHC.

Edited by d5aqoep

On 8/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, fuzzylogic said:

Now I am confused I thought we could use hackintool to install the kernel extensions because it gives a choice of where you wish to install them? Under Open Core it suggests opencore kext folder?

so hackintool is ideal as it lets you select the destination, most other kernel installers only offer lib ex or sys lib ex, heres a picture to show using hackintool to install and the extensions tab

It made sense to use a tool when we needed to install kexts to /L/E because it would require a permission and cache update. Now you can copy them to EFI/OC/Kexts using Finder without issue so there is no need for a tool anymore.

Could someone help me with this issue?
Would I have to do the procedure of applying the AppleIntulAzulFramebffer patch or would Hackintool help me on this point?
As the photo below, when connected to the Dell UltraSharp 24 "U2419H it boots and enters normally.

1660323964_2020-08-18(1).thumb.jpeg.d10dc81e6ddf9b016ee796a9df17b561.jpeg
But when I try to boot connected to the LG 32 "4K UK550 it stops at the boot of the Clover.

265996591_2020-08-18(2).thumb.jpeg.d5acdd7d1042f4c79eca3ae2f8795d01.jpeg
But when I boot the Dell again, and after the boot I connect the 4K monitor, the resolution appears, but not in 4K.

2020-08-18.thumb.jpeg.4491b2365fdc20795727e1357ab1ad66.jpeg

There is currently no possibility to get a dedicated GPU.
And this machine will work as HTPC connected to a Samsung Q60R 55 "4K TV.
Mac G4 Config:
- Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
- i5 4690
- 16GB DDR3 1600
- 240GB SSD Sandisk Plus
- 2TB HDD Seagate

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and safe. As this thread and tool have been a little quiet these last weeks, I wanted to ask if @headkaze is well and around? I detected an issue for the kext https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm as the version is not detected correctly (not sure if it's Hackintool or the kext) and posted a request here https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/285 so not sure if I am the only one having this issue? @headkaze if you see this and have time, a quick feedback is appreciated so I can raise it to the developers of itlwm. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having trouble updating kexts in Hackintool.  While Hackintool identifies updates that require compiling with Xcode, they do not compile properly.  Just compiling Lilu.kext, I get 8 errors and build failure.  I'm not sure if the problem is with Hackintool or if it has to do with the way Github stores some files needed to compile kexts properly.  The fact that most kexts have a lot of errors compiling suggests that it's not a problem caused by the developers of the kexts.  Anyone else having this issue?

On 10/12/2020 at 1:56 PM, mnfesq said:

I have been having trouble updating kexts in Hackintool.  While Hackintool identifies updates that require compiling with Xcode, they do not compile properly.  Just compiling Lilu.kext, I get 8 errors and build failure.  I'm not sure if the problem is with Hackintool or if it has to do with the way Github stores some files needed to compile kexts properly.  The fact that most kexts have a lot of errors compiling suggests that it's not a problem caused by the developers of the kexts.  Anyone else having this issue?

Should be fixed in v3.4.5

• Like 3