Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Pavo said:

Clear All and Refresh worked. But why do you have to do that?

Recent discoveries have resulted in the addition of data to distinguish ports more clearly. Because this data isn't available in previous versions (stored in user defaults) the ports are detected as being different. I thought I added backward compatibility but it must be broken. So the easiest thing to do right now is "Clear All" and "Refresh" which will re-create the port list and include the new data.

5 hours ago, Tiem said:

"Correct one"?

Hackintool lists IntelMausi as 1.0.2. First off this is wrong. Both IntelMausi and IntelMausiEthernet are at v2.5.0. Second, com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet is the original project: https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet

Then you are referring to is from Acidenthera (https://github.com/acidanthera/IntelMausi) but even he says in the read me:

938206084_ScreenShot2020-03-01at9_21_48AM.thumb.png.5e9476a94452bc690c7ca188b594ab8b.png

Lastly, it still doesn't list the other kexts (SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO), I assume because you are hard coding all these kexts. In any case, a bit confusing on the user's end.

Since they're both developed by Mieze you should ask her which one is the "correct" one then. In general I use the acidanthera version because they tend to be the latest and most actively developed. I do change them as needed when reported by users.

The version I'm using is:

73    0 0xffffff7f8486b000 0x22000    0x22000    as.acidanthera.mieze.IntelMausi (1.0.2) 0F110A60-EA75-3D68-8619-4020F951982E <18 13 6 5 3 1>

Which is the one from the acidanthera repo. If this is not the most actively developed version then the kext database in Hackintool should be updated.

Yes they're hard coded so it can pull the version, binary and source code. It's not designed to keep all 3rd party kext's up to date; it's for Hackintosh user's and so only includes kext's relevant to that use-case. There are plenty of things that users can be confused about in Hackintool. For example a user thought the "Serial" tab was for the current system so I renamed it to "Serial Generator". I noticed in your UI update you renamed it back to "Serial". So what may be obvious to you is not always obvious to someone else.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@headkaze what is this Metal Headless on the GFX0 section? is that mean if we set up correctly headless mode this value must turn YES? Cause I set up headless mode on OpenCore tried tree different ig-platform-id but this setting never turns as a YES.

BIOS settings;

IGPU enabled

Primary PEG

Multi-Monitor Enabled

I tried that ig-platform-id which are all recommended;

0x0300913e

0x0300923e

0x0300983e

Am I doing something wrong?

603948321_ScreenShot2020-03-12at19_43_13.png.1e710ee446a4facd2303afce5f409f53.png

1439840035_ScreenShot2020-03-12at19_43_31.png.1694d2eb8afa8d524864388e8ec62031.png

3 minutes ago, headkaze said:

If you set up headless for your IGPU then it won't show "Yes" under GFX0. So what you have there is expected. 

I thought when we configured headless correctly this setting (Metal Headless) must be YES. Thanks to you I learned it. :thumbsup_anim:

I am using this app more and more - thanks.  I was wondering if you would be interested in adding a feature that would allow the app to be resident in the menubar and not in the dock.  Just a thought.  I'm not sure what would be involved in terms of added work for you.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to verify my USB ports on my Asrock A320M-HDV, can't find the USB 2.0 ports at all under macOS. Not the 2 on the back panel, nor the 2 headers on the motherboard ( means no working bluetooth). I can provide any files needed to help find the problem.

This is what Hackintool shows:

1142700929_ScreenShot2020-03-21at5_15_49PM.thumb.png.77af2d3be66423544f56e3e108da4d3c.png

Here's a screenshot of my DSDT

188418753_ScreenShot2020-03-21at5_14_31PM.thumb.png.5bdd69d360fc99e1ac6c837e402f7756.png

Hi there, I'm having a strange issue with a i7-8700K + RX590 + Z390 Designare. If i set inside BIOS the iGPU to "Auto" and keep the devices-properties patch inside config.plist, if I try to generate a framebuffer patch, it keeps outputting an empty patch. What can I try?

On 3/21/2020 at 5:27 PM, moozuki said:

Trying to verify my USB ports on my Asrock A320M-HDV, can't find the USB 2.0 ports at all under macOS. Not the 2 on the back panel, nor the 2 headers on the motherboard ( means no working bluetooth).

Do they show up in Registry Explorer?

3 hours ago, headkaze said:

Do they show up in Registry Explorer?

No, but they work just fine in Windows. Can't seem to find them in the DSDT either.

This is what Windows sees:

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller
    RootHub
        [Port1]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port2]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port3]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port4]DeviceConnected :  USB Mass Storage Device
        [Port5]DeviceConnected :  USB Mass Storage Device
        [Port6]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port7]DeviceConnected :  USB Mass Storage Device
        [Port8]DeviceConnected :  USB Mass Storage Device
        [Port9]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port10]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port11]NoDeviceConnected
        [Port12]DeviceConnected :  Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

Ports 1 & 2 are front panel USB 3 ports

Ports 4 & 5 are the front panel USB 2 ports ( same physical ports as 1 & 2 )

Ports 7 & 8 are the rear panel USB 2 ports

Ports 9, 10, 11, & 12 are the MB USB 2.0 headers

And this is how it list the controller:

\\?\pci#ven_1022&dev_43bc&subsys_43d01849&rev_02#4&1efa78ed&0&000b#{3abf6f2d-71c4-462a-8a92-1e6861e6af27}
{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}\0017
USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

The IO Registry list Ports 1, & 2 as SS01 & SS02

port 3 as SS03

ports 4 & 5 as HS01 and HS02

port 6 as HS303

the rest of the ports are missing.

Ports 1,2,4, & 5 are the only ports that work under macOS.

I can add my dsdt and ioregisty file when I get back to my hack.

DSDT.aml.zip

Config copy.plist.zip

Usbinfo.zip

Darrell’s iMac Pro.zip

Edited by moozuki
Adding files

Can I kindly make a suggestion ... it's a great tool for all sort of work required to make a hackintosh work, and it would be a nice addition to have the possibility to mount the EFI partition, without having to go through the patch section ... like a standalone in the tool section.

And thanks for the work you put into making this tool work.

Edited by Septendre

5 hours ago, Alpha22 said:

Advice

..please :D:D

OK so @headkaze had advised me at some moment that you must check this electrically.

If these are true USB v2.0 ports and v3.0 ports respectively, you must respect their hardware origin and mark them accordingly.

Internal as far as I know is not "internal to the PC case or box" but "system internal".

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

..please :D:D

OK so @headkaze had advised me at some moment that you must check this electrically.

If these are true USB v2.0 ports and v3.0 ports respectively, you must respect their hardware origin and mark them accordingly.

Internal as far as I know is not "internal to the PC case or box" but "system internal".

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply and you have been helpful

Hi everyone, any idea what Clover patches for USB Port Limits are needed for Catalina 10.15.4 update released yesterday? Are we still supposed to use the previous ones?

I can safely assume that new Catalina will continue working with current Hackintool and show all USB ports as expected.

Thanks!

Edited by MacKonsti

Hi @headkaze

Is it possible to add applebuspower patch automatically when hackintool generate USBPorts Info.plist:

kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit, 2100

kUSBSleepPowerSupply,5100

kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit,2100

kUSBWakePowerSupply,5100

Sorry for my bad english 

48 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Is it possible to add applebuspower patch automatically when hackintool generate USBPorts Info.plist:

kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit, 2100

kUSBSleepPowerSupply,5100

kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit,2100

kUSBWakePowerSupply,5100

Sorry mate but with latest Hackintool, inside the Info.plist we do get these. Here's mine:

<key>kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit</key>
<integer>2100</integer>
<key>kUSBSleepPowerSupply</key>
<integer>3600</integer>
<key>kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit</key>
<integer>2100</integer>
<key>kUSBWakePowerSupply</key>
<integer>5200</integer>

Not sure what is your question...?

16 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Sorry mate but with latest Hackintool, inside the Info.plist we do get these. Here's mine:

<key>kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit</key>
<integer>2100</integer>
<key>kUSBSleepPowerSupply</key>
<integer>3600</integer>
<key>kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit</key>
<integer>2100</integer>
<key>kUSBWakePowerSupply</key>
<integer>5200</integer>

Not sure what is your question...?

You answers to my question :) Great. I try the latest Hackintool: these entries doesn't exist. I don't understand.

Why the integer are different between yours and mine values on my Z390 Aorus Master!

Edited by Matgen84

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Why the integer are different between yours and mine values on my Z390 Aorus Master!

I am not sure Hackintool can "guess" each person's hardware, mate. These values that I show you here, are pretty standard and those are the ones generated by Hackintool.

If you know what you are doing, I guess you can change them, but be careful or you can damage your ports. Hackintool includes the standard values in the Info.plist but I suggest you try as-is.

Edited by MacKonsti

7 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

I am not sure Hackintool can "guess" each person's hardware, mate. These values that I show you here, are pretty standard and those are the ones generated by Hackintool.

If you know what you are doing, I guess you can change them, but be careful or you can damage your ports. Hackintool includes the standard values in the Info.plist but I suggest you try as-is.

I've generate a new USBPort.kext (Hackintool 3.3.1): these keys and integer is not present?