Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I've generate a new USBPort.kext (Hackintool 3.3.1): these keys and integer is not present?

I think Hackintool checks if you have those keys in ACPI and will not write them into USBPorts.kext if you do.

Perhaps you already have these properties in ACPI under USBX or XHC?

Or somewhat different approach: What is your SMBIOS? Maybe those keys are already embedded in /S/L/E/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/C*/P*/AppleUSBHostPlatformProperties.kext/C*/Info.plist

Edited by displhehynehym

6 minutes ago, displhehynehym said:

I think Hackintool checks if you have those keys in ACPI and will not write them into USBPorts.kext if you do.

Perhaps you already have these properties in ACPI under USBX or XHC?

Or somewhat different approach: What is your SMBIOS? Maybe those keys are already embedded in /S/L/E/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/C*/P*/AppleUSBHostPlatformProperties.kext/C*/Info.plist

My SMBIOS Imac19,1. Yes those keys are already embedded but not with the same values. But the keys ara note embedded in in /S/L/E/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/C*/P*/AppleUSBHostPlatformProperties.kext/C*/Info.plist

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

My SMBIOS Imac19,1. Yes those keys are already embedded but not with the same values. But the keys ara note embedded in in /S/L/E/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/C*/P*/AppleUSBHostPlatformProperties.kext/C*/Info.plist

OK, now you know why you aren't getting those keys. You must have added USBX or XHC's _DSM with kUSB properties via DSDT patch or SSDT. Delete them and you will get kUSB entires when you export USBPorts.kext.

Check out Hackintool codes to see on what condition these values are assigned their specific numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, displhehynehym said:

OK, now you know why you aren't getting those keys. You must have added USBX or XHC's _DSM with kUSB properties via DSDT patch or SSDT. Delete them and you will get kUSB entires when you export USBPorts.kext.

Check out Hackintool codes to see on what condition these values are assigned their specific numbers.

Without any kUSB proprieties (SSDT-USBX) or else, Hackintool 3.3.1 do not generate the specific numbers for my SMBIOS Imac19,1 :cry:

10 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Without any kUSB proprieties (SSDT-USBX) or else, Hackintool 3.3.1 do not generate the specific numbers for my SMBIOS Imac19,1 :cry:

Do you mean the numbers are the same for all SMBIOS or they are not generated at all for iMac19,1?

If the second one is your case, I don't know why.

If you are really need to just see Hackintool export USBPorts.kext with kUSB, then ask headkaze if there's anything about iMac19,1. If it's because you want specific values for iMac19,1, look into iMac19,1's IOReg or DSDT found in https://applelife.ru/threads/dampy-originalnyx-makov.2943712/. You should know it's not about what SMBIOS you choose, but about how much current your MOBO safely supports.

5 minutes ago, displhehynehym said:

Do you mean the numbers are the same for all SMBIOS or they are not generated at all for iMac19,1?

If the second one is your case, I don't know why.

If you are really need to just see Hackintool export USBPorts.kext with kUSB, then ask headkaze if there's anything about iMac19,1. If it's because you want specific values for iMac19,1, look into iMac19,1's IOReg or DSDT found in https://applelife.ru/threads/dampy-originalnyx-makov.2943712/. You should know it's not about what SMBIOS you choose, but about how much current your MOBO safely supports.

The numbers are not generate at all for my Imac19,1. I already ask Headkaze for anything about iMac19?1 in my first post.

Thanks for your help :)

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Please try Hackintool 3.3.2.

In Catalina the USB power properties were removed from /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist so I don't know if they're needed or not. So anyway I integrated an earlier version into Hackintool and will also inject default values if there's no similar system to match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, headkaze said:

Please try Hackintool 3.3.2.

In Catalina the USB power properties were removed from /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist so I don't know if they're needed or not. So anyway I integrated an earlier version into Hackintool and will also inject default values if there's no similar system to match.

Thanks. :)

I try v3.2.2. On Catalina, SMBIOS Imac19,1 keys are not embedded in /S/L/E/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/C*/P*/AppleUSBHostPlatformProperties.kext/C*/Info.plist. There are only for Imac15-Imac17 SMBIOS, lower values.

Edited by Matgen84

11 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. :)

I try v3.2.2. On Catalina, SMBIOS Imac19,1 keys are not embedded in /S/L/E/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/C*/P*/AppleUSBHostPlatformProperties.kext/C*/Info.plist. There are only for Imac15-Imac17 SMBIOS, lower values.

I didn't know about this new location for USB power data in Catalina. Hackintool 3.3.3 has been released.

• Like 3

Hi @headkaze

Few questions: latest release 3.3.6

• It seems to have double HS ports in USB section
  • what is inject function in USB section
  • No more SSDT UBX generate!
  • USBPort: there is iMac19,1-XHC and iMac19,1-XHC-internal-hub, I don't understand why? I need some explanation to use it. Sorry.

I double check

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @headkaze

Few questions: latest release 3.3.6

• It seems to have double HS ports in USB section
  • what is inject function in USB section
  • No more SSDT UBX generate!
  • USBPort: there is iMac19,1-XHC and iMac19,1-XHC-internal-hub, I don't understand why? I need some explanation to use it. Sorry.

I double check

The "Inject" button will inject USB ports like USBInjectAll does. It's currently an experimental feature.

So here are some quick instructions:
1. Click the Clear button and then the Inject button
2. It should inject the appropriate ports for XHC, EH01 and EH02 if the controllers are present
3. Click the Export button and copy USBPorts.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (or the appropriate place if using OpenCore)
4. Reboot into macOS again and then run Hackintool
5. Remove any unused ports using the usual port discovery procedure
6. Click the Export button and copy it to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
7. Reboot
8. Run Hackintool again and check the ports have "stuck" by clicking Clear then Refresh

The downside to using this procedure is you can't use this method booting into macOS the first time so it's probably just easier to use USBInjectAll anyway.

It should not be doubling your ports (unless you clicked the Inject button) but it definately should not be generating an "iMac19,1-XHC-internal-hub" entry. Can you post your .ioreg here along with the USBPorts.kext.
Edited by headkaze
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, headkaze said:
The "Inject" button will inject USB ports like USBInjectAll does. It's currently an experimental feature.

2. It should inject the appropriate ports for XHC, EH01 and EH02 if the controllers are present
3. Click the Export button and copy USBPorts.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (or the appropriate place if using OpenCore)
7. Reboot
8. Run Hackintool again and check the ports have "stuck" by clicking Clear then Refresh

The downside to using this procedure is you can't use this method booting into macOS the first time so it's probably just easier to use USBInjectAll anyway.

It should not be doubling your ports (unless you clicked the Inject button) but it definately should not be generating an "iMac19,1-XHC-internal-hub" entry. Can you post your .ioreg here along with the USBPorts.kext.

The problem with using USBInjectAll, it only supports Intel chipsets, not AMD chipsets.

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

The problem with using USBInjectAll, it only supports Intel chipsets, not AMD chipsets.

If someone collects the port layouts for the various AMD USB controllers they can be added to USBInjectAll's USBInjectAll-Info.plist.

2 hours ago, Alpha22 said:

canceled and refresh remains the same

If I accept a USB port as being valid even if it doesn't have a UsbConnector entry in IORegistry it seems to be showing them even if they were removed as part of port discovery. This is obviously not a good thing so I've added back this check. Please try Hackintool v3.3.6.

13 hours ago, headkaze said:

7. Reboot

@headkaze

Thanks for your instruction. I follow them but my skills are weak.

• I don't touch any connector type, I remove USR1/USR2, ITE device (Intel Wifi) HIC Intel Bluetooth, some others ports but not everything i wanted (type-C, USB-DAC for example, I've no device at this time)
  • If hackintool could automatically detect the type of connect, it would be great

I attach ioregistryexplorer file, screenshot, USBPorts. Thanks for your help.

Note: there are no kUSBSleepPowerSupply, kUSBWakePowerSupply in IOReg. No entries in Apple Get Info/USB

The detail of my Z390 config is in my signature.

Capture d’écran, le 2020-04-02 à 09.35.53.png

iMac de matgen84-2.ioreg.zip

USBPorts.kext.zip

Edited by Matgen84

18 hours ago, headkaze said:

If I accept a USB port as being valid even if it doesn't have a UsbConnector entry in IORegistry it seems to be showing them even if they were removed as part of port discovery. This is obviously not a good thing so I've added back this check. Please try Hackintool v3.3.6.

@headkaze

latest version v3.3.6

canceled and refresh

Schermata-2020-04-02-alle-08-29-56.png

If you want to check and tell me if everything is ok

iMac di Fabio.zip

USBPorts.kext.zip

Edited by Alpha22

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Shaneee said:

There seems to be something wrong with the bootloader detection. I'm using the latest OC from source (just compiled it)

I get the version from IODeviceTree:/options/4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version. Has it changed recently?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@headkaze,

Regarding the Extensions tab,

• Please add CpuTscSync.kext. It should replace VoodooTSCSync.kext.
  • On High Sierra, BrcmPatchRAM is reported "not installed" because Hackintool looks up the BundleID of BrcmPatchRAM3. Some users including me are on High Sierra because their graphics card is Nvidia, so they need to use BrcmPatchRAM2.
  • WhateverGreen supersedes AppleBacklightFixup for Intel iGPU brightness control. WEG does not enable brightness for Nvidia and ATI, but AppleBacklightFixup does. One example is my laptop. The brightness control on my laptop with GeForce 315M does not work with WEG, but it does with AppleBacklightFixup. (Maybe I should also report this to Acidanthera's bugtracker once I figure out how to boot with OpenCore on this laptop that needs Clover's Inject Nvidia. Anybody hints? Dortania's Clover to OC conversion is incorrect/incomplete on Graphics-Inject part.)
  • CodecCommander is not 100% replaced by AppleALC as the former somehow fixes audio issues that the latter can't: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/730.
  • VoodooInput is supplied within VoodooPS2 and VoodooI2C's respective plugin folders. Also, the devs say with a bold warning that it's for developers only, so this kext is not needed on Hackintool's Extensions tab, I think?

Regarding USBPorts.kext,

• Having both IOPCIPrimaryMatch and IONameMatch is redundant. Both do the job separately (on Intel boards). I think leaving only IOPCIPrimaryMatch alive is a better choice as it survives changing the controller's ACPI name in config.plist whereas IONameMatch doesn't.

Thanks for all your work!

• Like 1

Hi Dev

Listen me please.

in the extensions section, if I update and find new kext that I have in my EFI (I mean newer versions) when I select the kext that interests me and I press download, the download does not start, but do I need xcode to generate it?

I think I need to recreate my USBports.kext using Hackintool. I have a question. I wrote down what port numbers work on which physical USB ports (in my motherboard manual). These ports are static right? So to quickly remake the kext would I be able to do the following:

Reboot machine with USBinjectall.kext

Load Hackintool and delete unneeded port numbers (like for me HS03/04 etc) 

Switch the types of the remaining ports to the correct types (USB3 etc) 

Export

Do I actually have to activate all of my remaining USB ports by physically plugging in a device? Or is the fact I already know which ones I want to keep ok? I want to save time and avoid this if it will work? Will the kext export work as expected if the ports aren't "activated"?

On 5/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, displhehynehym said:

@headkaze,

Regarding the Extensions tab,

• Please add CpuTscSync.kext. It should replace VoodooTSCSync.kext.
  • On High Sierra, BrcmPatchRAM is reported "not installed" because Hackintool looks up the BundleID of BrcmPatchRAM3. Some users including me are on High Sierra because their graphics card is Nvidia, so they need to use BrcmPatchRAM2.
  • WhateverGreen supersedes AppleBacklightFixup for Intel iGPU brightness control. WEG does not enable brightness for Nvidia and ATI, but AppleBacklightFixup does. One example is my laptop. The brightness control on my laptop with GeForce 315M does not work with WEG, but it does with AppleBacklightFixup. (Maybe I should also report this to Acidanthera's bugtracker once I figure out how to boot with OpenCore on this laptop that needs Clover's Inject Nvidia. Anybody hints? Dortania's Clover to OC conversion is incorrect/incomplete on Graphics-Inject part.)
  • CodecCommander is not 100% replaced by AppleALC as the former somehow fixes audio issues that the latter can't: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/730.
  • VoodooInput is supplied within VoodooPS2 and VoodooI2C's respective plugin folders. Also, the devs say with a bold warning that it's for developers only, so this kext is not needed on Hackintool's Extensions tab, I think?

Regarding USBPorts.kext,

• Having both IOPCIPrimaryMatch and IONameMatch is redundant. Both do the job separately (on Intel boards). I think leaving only IOPCIPrimaryMatch alive is a better choice as it survives changing the controller's ACPI name in config.plist whereas IONameMatch doesn't.

Thanks for all your work!

wow, thanks @displhehynehym - I 100% second your findings & recommendations! Very thorough analysis!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 5:51 AM, NGF86 said:

I think I need to recreate my USBports.kext using Hackintool. I have a question. I wrote down what port numbers work on which physical USB ports (in my motherboard manual). These ports are static right? So to quickly remake the kext would I be able to do the following:

Reboot machine with USBinjectall.kext

Load Hackintool and delete unneeded port numbers (like for me HS03/04 etc) 

Switch the types of the remaining ports to the correct types (USB3 etc) 

Export

Do I actually have to activate all of my remaining USB ports by physically plugging in a device? Or is the fact I already know which ones I want to keep ok? I want to save time and avoid this if it will work? Will the kext export work as expected if the ports aren't "activated"?

Yes. If you’ve got the ports you want active ignore the others. You only need to know the location if you want to activate it.