Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 6:00 PM, nik135 said:

Thanks for developers, this is cool app!

I have a feature request:

Can you add a aspm option (column) for the Pci Devices table?

ps. i try to achieve the same as Windows workin battery time on my hackintosh....

Hi @nik135 I added an ASPM column. It displays the value of pci-aspm-default from the PCI IOReg entry.

It would be nice to display a more friendly version than the hex value so I was doing some research and found these values:

# Hex  Binary  Meaning
# -------------------------
# 0    0b00    L0 only
# 1    0b01    L0s only
# 2    0b10    L1 only
# 3    0b11    L1 and L0s

On my laptop I'm seeing values of 0, 2 and 3 and sometimes bit 8 is set. I'm not entirely sure if the first two bits correspond to the table above. Bit 8 being set could be "exit latency" or something else I'm not sure. I could just show the values of the first two bits instead?

I've also seen the following #define's which also corresponds to the chart above but I can't find anything that explains bit 8.

#define     PCIE_LINK_STATE_L0S   1
#define     PCIE_LINK_STATE_L1   2
#define     PCIE_LINK_STATE_CLKPM   4

EDIT: Hackintool has been updated to display a "text friendly" version of the ASPM state for each PCI device.

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 1

There have been many updates to Hackintool lately but one of the main ones is the issue generating USBPorts.kext with correct EH01 and EH02 entries.

Since I no longer have a Hackintosh with these types of USB controllers I could not do any testing myself so it has been an issue in Hackintool for a while now.

@whatnameisit contacted me to offer assistance in giving advice and testing the necessary changes to get this working again. So big thanks to him in helping get this feature finally in working order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, Slice said:

Something is still wrong for #1 in signature.

It is not Xeon E3.. it is i5-6400 and intel graphics IGPU is HD530.

In your first image Info->System you have "Intel ???" and "GPU Device ID" of 0x00008086. This data is displayed by enumerating the IODisplay's on your system. The "GPU Device ID" value is the device-id and vendor-id of the parent IOPCIDevice (in this case IGPU). The device-id for your IGPU must be 0x0, missing or not in NSData format. Perhaps it's because you're running in headless mode (0x19120001)?

Give Hackintool v2.9.7 a try and if it's still not working please attach your IORegistry so I can take a more in depth look at this issue.

Edited by headkaze

3 hours ago, headkaze said:

In your first image Info->System you have "Intel ???" and "GPU Device ID" of 0x00008086. This data is displayed by enumerating the IODisplay's on your system. The "GPU Device ID" value is the device-id and vendor-id of the parent IOPCIDevice (in this case IGPU). The device-id for your IGPU must be 0x0, missing or not in NSData format. Perhaps it's because you're running in headless mode (0x19120001)?

Give Hackintool v2.9.7 a try and if it's still not working please attach your IORegistry so I can take a more in depth look at this issue.

Yes, headless mode.

iMac — Slice.ioreg.zip

7 hours ago, Slice said:

Yes, headless mode.

iMac — Slice.ioreg.zip

The device-id for your IGPU was in NSData format but was only 2 bytes long (I was ignoring anything less than 4 bytes).

Please try Hackintool v2.9.8.

As for the PCI devices showing as "Xeon E3" it's only what's matched via PID/VID in the pci.ids database. You could always submit a correction for it.

Edited by headkaze
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Hackintool didn't display non-AppleALC compatible devices but I have re-worked it to show all audio devices. Can you please try 3.0.0?

Better then nothing

Снимок экрана 2020-01-31 в 7.57.42.png

You can look in my ioreg for additional info.

Anyway Apple sees my audio

Снимок экрана 2020-01-31 в 8.00.02.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slice said:

Anyway Apple sees my audio

You'll need to select a device to populate the Audio Info section.

Rather than replicate Apple's System Report I'm aiming to provide information that's more relevant to Hackintosh users.

In a recent update I added additional info for AppleALC users (IOService:/.../HDEF/.../AppleHDACodecGeneric/HDAConfigDefault/0). I can add more info for VoodooHDA just let me know what info to add and the location in IORegistry.

I also updated Pin Configurator so you can import the IOService:/.../HDAConfigDefault/0/BootConfigData dumped by AppleALC. It would be nice to be able to do this with VoodooHDA. Is there a location in IORegistry where the Pin Config data is stored?

Hackintool01.png

PinConfigurator01.png

PinConfigurator02.png

PinConfigurator03.png

Edited by headkaze

Hi there, 

CONTEXT

-Trying to get hdmi to work with integrated graphics on i7-8700k

I am new to the hackintosh community and am currently trying to setup my machine.

There are some discrepencies between the guide i was following for installation on my motherboard (z390-designaire).

The guide states that i should export the patch generated by hackintool as a clover config.plist however the menu on my screen only shows the option to export as Bootloader config.plist.

Is bootloader the same as clover? my gut says no but way out of my depth here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, clougreen420 said:

The guide states that i should export the patch generated by hackintool as a clover config.plist however the menu on my screen only shows the option to export as Bootloader config.plist.

There are now two main Bootloaders (OpenCore and Clover). So it will export the format based on whatever Bootloader you have set in that tab (it will auto detect by default)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, headkaze said:

There are now two main Bootloaders (OpenCore and Clover). So it will export the format based on whatever Bootloader you have set in that tab (it will auto detect by default)

Thanks for the help, still a little confused tho.

So in theory it should've automatically exported as a clover? 

I was trying to insert the framebuffer patch that hackintool created into my config.plist.

After exporting and replacing the current config.plist i was prompted to restart but ever since restarting my monitor just goes black everytime.

I can get into BIOS fine and open Clover but when i go to start up mac os (10.14.6 is the version im on) i get the black screen.

Please any advice or hint in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.