[Betas] macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Allan

108 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi guys, can you paste the command to let the system to see the update? I am trying to upgrade from 10.13.5 beta to 10.13.6 beta, but without success, it does not show the update, I just need it for my macbook to test some programs because of how the requirement of sudo changes

Here you go

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.13seed-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

Here you go

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.13seed-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

thank you very much @Pavo

12 hours ago, Pavo said:

Here you go

Thanks, but I don't know why it does not work in my hackintosh.

No such an update of 10.13.6 beta 1 in my App Store.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

you open term and paste that in than open appstore go to updates and bam!

1 hour ago, jsl2000 said:

Don't work too. I install and run also macosdeveloperaccessutility with sign in macappstore: nothing at all <_<

Dunno why its not working for you guys but its working fine for me, I do that command and then open App Store and hit Check for Updates and it shows up for me on a clean 10.13.5 install.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacPeet said:

com.apple.seeding.plist is missing

see here in Post # 1 in the section "Developer Beta program: [how-to] macOS Sierra Developer Beta program without special registration, if anyone is interested!"

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332512-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/

Thansks.

It's already there. Perhaps, because I also install and use macosdeveloperaccessutility. This software must copy  com.apple.seeding.plist in L/P

12 hours ago, MacPeet said:

com.apple.seeding.plist is missing

see here in Post # 1 in the section "Developer Beta program: [how-to] macOS Sierra Developer Beta program without special registration, if anyone is interested!"

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332512-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/

com.apple.seeding.plist is already in /L/P and its value = 2, but not working yet for update to 10.13.6 beta. Change its value to 3 got the same.

Does it mean that only clean install of 10.13.5 final version working ?

Edited by jsl2000

On 5/30/2018 at 11:11 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

the issue with the ESP seems to be related to the command:

diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1

no longer working, instead

sudo mkdir /Volumes/efi

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskXsX /Volumes/efi

which is used in most guides about how to mount it an a mac, still works, most programs did prefer the 1st command because it does not requre to mess with the sudo and authemntication

here this work in 10.13.5:

diskutil mount EFI

For me is working too, update went well I updated in 10 minutes... I have sound and ethernet... all works.

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-11, às 19.27.08.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

13.06 beta 2 running ok here on the laptop. The X-99 at this point is with Mojave, but without speedsteps (XCPM). Everything else works great!

Edit: I noticed an increase in speed in both the Laptop (13.6 beta 2), as in X-99 (10.14) :yes:Captura de ecrã 2018-06-11, às 22.19.32.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-12, às 01.07.00.png

Edited by Fergarth
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Fergarth said:

I did it today for the App Store, but if you're not getting it, use this! It Works very well, just choose the option you want! ;)

Update.zip

Thanks and it can update my hackintosh from 10.13.5 (17F77) to 10.13.6 beta (17G39b). But 10.13.6 beta2 is not available yet !

My mistake 17G39b is beta 2 already !

Edited by jsl2000

8 hours ago, Fergarth said:

13.06 beta 2 running ok here on the laptop. The X-99 at this point is with Mojave, but without speedsteps (XCPM). Everything else works great!

Edit: I noticed an increase in speed in both the Laptop (13.6 beta 2), as in X-99 (10.14) :yes:

I got 149000 in 10.13.5, 182000 in Mojave and 215000 on Geekbench in this 10.13.6 beta 2 :)

But it crashed Luxmark and Cinebench and logged me out. I'm running a Vega speedup kext on my watercooled Vega FE. So yes, they've made big improvements, but I probably need to lower the GPU overclock :P

CPU seems a bit slower but I'll restart and try it again. Check indexing and so forth - it might be a single bad bench.

edit: mdworker (spotlight indexing) is chugging away. I'll try when it's finished...

Edited by surfinchina

13 hours ago, Fergarth said:

Edit: I noticed an increase in speed in both the Laptop (13.6 beta 2), as in X-99 (10.14) :yes:Captura de ecrã 2018-06-11, às 22.19.32.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-12, às 01.07.00.png

Hi,

Could you please send me the new kernel? :)

2 hours ago, PMheart said:

Hi,

Could you please send me the new kernel? :)

Hi PMheart, I'd like to send, but I do not know how to proceed sorry! If you tell me how to do it I try! By now, you or someone, can guide me on your new xcpm patches for my X99 Haswell-E please! I have Mojave with everything working, except xcpm... :cry:

• Like 1

Go to S/L/E and Kernels folder and just compress kernel file and attach here!!!!

46 minutes ago, Fergarth said:

Hi PMheart, I'd like to send, but I do not know how to proceed sorry! If you tell me how to do it I try! By now, you or someone, can guide me on your new xcpm patches for my X99 Haswell-E please! I have Mojave with everything working, except xcpm... :cry: