[pre-release] macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

MaLd0n
456 posts in this topic

The patch of change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI is invalid...

I guess USB 3.0 should no longer be restricted as of 10.13.4... They have totally refactored the code.

Well, anyway I'm not really sure. Could you please help me confirm it?

• Like 2

I guess USB 3.0 should no longer be restricted as of 10.13.4... They have totally refactored the code.

Well, anyway I'm not really sure. Could you please help me confirm it?

Well it still restricted but yes they have totally refactored code. USBInjectAll still adds the necessary ports but without the port-limit patch they do not get activated on boot. Still looking through the binary trying to figure the port-limit hex out.

• Like 5

- IM131.88Z.0111.B00.1801081337
- IM142.88Z.0125.B00.1801081338
- IM143.88Z.0125.B00.1801091243
- IM144.88Z.0185.B00.1801081344
- IM151.88Z.0213.B00.1801081343
- IM161.88Z.0214.B00.1801051743
- IM162.88Z.0214.B00.1801051742
- IM171.88Z.0148.B00.1712211710
- IM181.88Z.0154.B00.1712211718
- IM183.88Z.0154.B00.1712220135
  • Like 1

I Could confirm, that with macOS 10.13.4 beta1 my AMD Radeon RX480 don't need any WhatEverGreen-, RadeonDeInit- or Miezi-patch anymore.

Got full initialization, no Blackscreen during boot, fully multimonitorsupport at real "out-of-the-box":

post-598588-0-62126800-1516905239_thumb.jpg

I didn't even set "inject ATI = true" in config.plist. Only need my GFX-SSDT to inject HDMI sound. Nothing else. And of cause Framebufferpatch to get the correct FB detected.

Biggest feature for me so far.

Revise#1: driver seems to be a little buggy, cause i got sometimes a 10 sec. lag when switching between gfx-intensive applications:

for example i ran HEAVEN benchmarktest and a video with VLC - switching between these two apps gives me a several seconds long lag (whole system seem to freeze). Have to keep an eye on this behaviour.

EDIT#2: did a test - running HEAVEN Benchmark tool with just the Apple Driver and settings as posted in the attached screenshot gives 55 FPS. Same benchmark with only the Apple Drivers but Miezie-Patch edit back into SSDT gives 90 FPS !!!

post-598588-0-28337700-1516908155_thumb.png

EDIT#3: still got systemlag even with Miezi-Patch in SSDT. But not so often and still not as long as w/o that patch. But hey: this is early stage and first beta, so we WILL see improvements. They are on the right way.

• Like 3

Hi tech,

Are all your DP ports working? Only my first one is good after the update.

@pavo - I'm not running any patches now and seem to have all ports working at full speed - on the X299.

Hi surfinchina.  I have the same unfortunate result as you do.  Only one displayPort works per Vega in a quick test just now.

• Like 1

I Could confirm, that with macOS 10.13.4 beta1 my AMD Radeon RX480 don't need any WhatEverGreen-, RadeonDeInit- or Miezi-patch anymore.

Got full initialization, no Blackscreen during boot, fully multimonitorsupport at real "out-of-the-box":

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-01-25 um 19.22.09.jpg

I didn't even set "inject ATI = true" in config.plist. Only need my GFX-SSDT to inject HDMI sound. Nothing else. And of cause Framebufferpatch to get the correct FB detected.

Which framebufferpatch you using? When I inject Orinoco I lose GPUFamily1 v3.

It’s still a beta but that didn’t stop me from updating to it.

Right now what’s broke

1. New USB kext patch needed. Half of my ports don’t work.

2. Lost HDMI Audio. I am using HDMI audio kext.

3. Nvidia driver gives choppy animations. (The one released for 10.13.3)

4. Caused corruption on my Qnap NAS when I transferred files using AFP protocol. Be careful. Apps transferred through AFP get corrupted. But same files transferred via SMB are fine.

Back to 10.13.3 it works perfect apart from yucky Nvidia driver.

• Like 1

Has anybody tried removing the USB patch totally?

Mine seems fine without USB patch but I don't have a USB 3 or 3.1 external drive to test speeds.

All USB is working.

Light activity on the Vega is fixed => I suppose the fan speed issue is also fixed? Don't know - I have water.

• Like 2

Which framebufferpatch you using? When I inject Orinoco I lose GPUFamily1 v3.

Just this one, and NOTHING else in config.plist:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Connectors Patch for Framebuffer ORINOCO for RX480/580 NITRO</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQEBAAAAABIEBgEAAAAAAAQAAAQDAAAAAQIBAAAAACIFBAMAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAAAQMAAAAAABECAQIAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAAAQQAAAAAACEDBQQAAAAABAAAAAQAAAAAAQUAAAAAAAAAAwYAAAAA</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AMD9500Controller</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQEBAAAAABIEBgEAAAAAAAQAAAQDAAAAAQIBAAAAACIFBAMAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAAAQMBAAAAABECAQIAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAAAQQAAAAAACEDBQQAAAAABAAAAAQAAAAAAQUAAAAAABAAAwYAAAAA</data>
			</dict>
  • Like 1

Well it still restricted but yes they have totally refactored code. USBInjectAll still adds the necessary ports but without the port-limit patch they do not get activated on boot. Still looking through the binary trying to figure the port-limit hex out.

[FINAL EDIT]:

CONFUSING CONTENT, TOTALLY REMOVED

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 1

Has anybody tried removing the USB patch totally?

Mine seems fine without USB patch but I don't have a USB 3 or 3.1 external drive to test speeds.

All USB is working.

Light activity on the Vega is fixed => I suppose the fan speed issue is also fixed? Don't know - I have water.

The Vega Frontier Edition fan is still loud for me in 10.13.4 beta1.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-01-25 um 19.22.09.jpg

Revise#1: driver seems to be a little buggy, cause i got sometimes a 10 sec. lag when switching between gfx-intensive applications:

for example i ran HEAVEN benchmarktest and a video with VLC - switching between these two apps gives me a several seconds long lag (whole system seem to freeze). Have to keep an eye on this behaviour.

EDIT#2: did a test - running HEAVEN Benchmark tool with just the Apple Driver and settings as posted in the attached screenshot gives 55 FPS. Same benchmark with only the Apple Drivers but Miezie-Patch edit back into SSDT gives 90 FPS !!!

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-01-25 um 20.17.58.png

EDIT#3: still got systemlag even with Miezi-Patch in SSDT. But not so often and still not as long as w/o that patch. But hey: this is early stage and first beta, so we WILL see improvements. They are on the right way.

i have no such issues my performance is much better without any patches

From what I can tell for the time being (Unfortunately I don't have any disassembler currently), they seemed to remove AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts() in which was the previous patch located. (EDIT: They moved it to AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts(), and you can see XREF in XHCIPCI binary, therefore this might probably be the new friend that we are supposed to play with. See below for the exact patch, I don't guarantee that it will work though.)

I'm having a talk with @KGP-iMacPro, he said that he could get rid of the patch on his X299 MB. (EDIT: So why? This is really weird...)

[EDIT]:

I seemed to find something interesting!

Please try this patch:

41 83 FE 10 0F 85 -> 41 83 FE xx 0F 85

Also, note that you should patch AppleUSBXHCI, instead of AppleUSBXHCIPCI.

Yeah doesn't work, have no clue why X299 can remove the patch and have all USB ports working if that it true. Rehabman told me that we should be working towards keeping within the limits and map our ports using a SSDT for USBAllInject. I agree and disagree on that but I know with removing the port-limit previously would allow all my ports to work without issues. Still investigating.

• Like 1

Yeah doesn't work, have no clue why X299 can remove the patch and have all USB ports working if that it true. Rehabman told me that we should be working towards keeping within the limits and map our ports using a SSDT for USBAllInject. I agree and disagree on that but I know with removing the port-limit previously would allow all my ports to work without issues. Still investigating.

Thanks for your confirmation.

From your signature I guess you have Z170 right? Well IMHO you can eliminate some dummy ports as @RehabMan said. And also removing (or we say increasing) the maximum limit is not the correct way I think.

hi, inject ati is needed?

No, no Ati injection, no Whatevergreen, no RadeonDeinit and no SSDT injection needed for RX 400/500 Vega and R9 AMD cards.They are detected and boot correctly now.

• Like 1

No, no Ati injection, no Whatevergreen, no RadeonDeinit and no SSDT injection needed for RX 400/500 Vega and R9 AMD cards.They are detected and boot correctly now.

great..but fb can be injected without ati inject?

The Vega Frontier Edition fan is still loud for me in 10.13.4 beta1.

My Vega 64 is working with Family V3 on Ryzen CPU setup, this is a first.    No WhateverGreen or rad de init it has proper naming but fan still running fast at idle.   

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.23 PM.png

My Vega 64 is finally able to idle without the fans sounding like a jet engine.  My x299 system is water cooled so it's the only audible thing in my case since it still has the reference air cooler shroud on it.  Sadly I too have the single DP port that's working along with the HDMI.  Fortunately I only have 2 monitors working but would like to get a third at some point down the road.

• Like 2