[pre-release] macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

MaLd0n
456 posts in this topic

I still recommend using a SSDT with Whatevergreen simply because it renames the PEGP to GFX0 correctly on its own. As Mald0n stated earlier to you that using Clover DSDT rename feature will rename "ALL" PEGP names in your DSDT and rename them to GFX0 which is not a good idea. Attached is the SSDT I use for my RX 580 with Whatevergreen and it renames it to GFX0 in the correct place.

whatevergreen is still needed to place to clover/kexts?

so no need to  use Radeondeinit parameter?

can i only use whatevergreen ?  

Edited by xtddd

837d940f 0f839704 dissa to

0:  83 7d 94 0f             cmp    DWORD PTR [rbp-0x6c],0xf

4:  0f                      .byte 0xf

5:  83                      .byte 0x83

6:  97                      xchg   edi,eax

7:  04                      .byte 0x4

???

0f 83 97 04 00 00 (OOPS! I forgot one 00 byte before) is jae 0x117be. So NOPping that will disable the jump if the port is >= 0x0F.

Hi PMHeart

this patch produces a reboot when initializing usb in my rig

+1

Sorry! I made the wrong patch before! Please try this one:

83 7D 94 0F 0F 83 97 04 00 00 -> 83 7D 94 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90
  • Like 3

whatevergreen is still needed to place to clover/kexts?

so no need to  use Radeondeinit parameter?

can i only use whatevergreen ?  

It is not required per say but it is recommended. I would never use RadeonDeInit.

0f 83 97 04 00 00 (OOPS! I forgot one 00 byte before) is jae 0x117be. So NOPping that will disable the jump if the port is >= 0x0F.

Sorry! I made the wrong patch before! Please try this one:

83 7D 94 0F 0F 83 97 04 00 00 -> 83 7D 94 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90

work!  :yes:

what diff from Fred's patch?

• Like 2

Hello,

USB remove limit (10.13.4)

Find <837d940f 0f839704>

Name com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Replace <837d9411 0f839704>

Fred

Thank you for fixing the most important problem here, all other talks about RX being recognized by system I think is not a thing to talk too much about

Thank you for fixing the most important problem here, all other talks about RX being recognized by system I think is not a thing to talk too much about

Yes it was a major problem but this thread was made to give feedback for what has changed in this version. Yes most change was USB but also AMD card identification 

Fred's increases the port limit. (The default 0x0F is 15 in decimal, and it increases the limitation.)

Mine disables the limit entirely. (You can have any port be working.)

Many thx!  :wink_anim:

• Like 2

Yes it was a major problem but this thread was made to give feedback for what has changed in this version. Yes most change was USB but also AMD card identification 

hi,rx580 can work oob without whatevergreen..so there is necessary to need this kext? i get confused.

great.but.i find all is ok with only whatevergreen.. so what is your 580.aml used to do?

It adds HDEF device to the GPU so you can have HDMI/DP audio, makes the first display port set as primary bootup display. 

• Like 1

Talking about Beta, does anyone get issue with QuickLook & Preview.app not showing image properly (especially on Fullscreen mode), or overlay media controller is gone? Running it with GF119 I got these, Native & WebDriver produce same results.. just to make sure that it was OS bugs and not related to graphics. Thanks.

uhx5hhw.jpg

Talking about Beta, does anyone get issue with QuickLook & Preview.app not showing image properly (especially on Fullscreen mode), or overlay media controller is gone? Running it with GF119 I got these, Native & WebDriver produce same results.. just to make sure that it was OS bugs and not related to graphics. Thanks.

uhx5hhw.jpg

Yes with my Saphire  ATI  Radeon HD 5570 1gig native 

when I open an image it turns blue but I see it intact on the desktop

only PDF opens correctly

and same thing in the Quick time video no arrow  :blush:

I hope its only a Apple bug 

that it does not let go of the support for the small ATI card
This card works perfectly from 10.6.8 to 10.13.3
  • Like 1

Yes with my Saphire  ATI  Radeon HD 5570 1gig native 

when I open an image it turns blue but I see it intact on the desktop

only PDF opens correctly

and same thing in the Quick time video no arrow  :blush:

I hope its only a Apple bug 

that it does not let go of the support for the small ATI card
This card works perfectly from 10.6.8 to 10.13.3

OK, thanks for ur tests. I also hope it was OS bug, just curious while I run "$ sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force" I got message related to QuickLook. Strange is a report from Real iMac13,2 user with GTX 675MX under 17E319j it has no problem at all. Let's see on later release, thanks.  :)

OK, thanks for ur tests. I also hope it was OS bug, just curious while I run "$ sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force" I got message related to QuickLook. Strange is a report from Real iMac13,2 user with GTX 675MX under 17E319j it has no problem at all. Let's see on later release, thanks.  :)

I think lots of Graphics kexts change in 10.13.4
I know also in the update 10.13.3  the AMD5000Controller.kext change ?
but no effect on the 5570, only in 10.13.4
  • Like 1

Updated from the App Store without any issue and running WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156. All looks good - not seeing that preview/quicklook bug either. 

Has anyone else noticed slightly improved FPS when using HiDPI scaling? Metal score went up a bit (226444 to 228104) from 10.13.3. Premiere Pro UI feels faster while running my 3840x2160 display @ 2560 x 1440 HiDPI.