Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

If anybody managet to get it working with gainwards bliss geforce 7300 gt could he/she post a how to please.

natit finds the card propperly but as soon as I add any drivers to it (be it macvidia or the nvdanv40hal ones) i get stuck with the monitor(s) powering down instead of loading GUI.

Cards ID is 0x0393 and I'm using the AMD TEST 1 dvd with the updated kernel to latest beta.

Runs fine othervise with sound and network just this last final bloody thing of a graphics card.

Im using a geforce 6200TC and i get Natit in there along with the semthex kernel but OSX shows up rotated 90degrees.. and in the display control panel i dont have an option for rotating.. anyone?

I had the same problem. I used the Natit version Bofors has up in the archives. Works perfectly, any other version I had the 90 degrees rotation that I couldn't get rotated. I have a 7600GS.

NeoPheus, did you get DVI to work with your beta installer for Natit?

No, i couldn't get DVI to work yet! :blink:

aberracus with what video card did you get dual monitor to work?

And with what settings? Installer/manual?

:whistle:

I have X1400 I get to load following kexts:

NATIT.kext loads and recognizes my card during boot (using -v)

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin (copied to system/library/extensions, repaired permissions - boots OK)

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle (copied to system/library/extensions, repaired permissions - boots OK)

ATIRadeonX1000.kext (copied to system/library/extensions, repaired permissions - boots OK)

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle (copied to system/library/extensions, repaired permissions - boots only to grey apple logo when startup windows should appear)

I did not load ATINDRV.

In system profiler under Graphics I get X1400 recognized, no CI, QE or any resolution change - still have 1024x768 (native is 1280x800 - I have Graphics Mode "1280x800x32" in com.apple.boot.plist)

What to try next? Any guidelines? Any help?

System profiler reports my X1400 as 128MB Vram, instead 256 (windows do)

Please give me some hope and help.

greetings

But it does not say which kexts to insert (all of them or just ATIRadeonX1000.kext), with just ATIRadeonX1000.kext i gain nothing)

My impression was only the ATIRadeonX1000.kext. But why not read the manual Boris method (see link in sig) and keep adding id to another file and try it and then add, and try it, etc and see if you get there or not. If you get black screen, boot in single user mode with -s after F8 (or even try safe mode -x) and move the ATIRadeon1000* files out of the Extensions folder or edit the file again from single user mode using nano. Be sure to delete the cache files before rebooting each time.

Doing just that :(

thanks.. If any one had any success please PM, or someone had same problems with any other card.. please SHARE.

greetings

zxevil:

Thank you for the VIRUS... Can I ask you why are you doing that?

You did no harm to me, but to someone you will!!!

STOP That!

greetings

Ha managed to get it running with CI/QE support when I switched back to Geforce 6600. No DVI though. It says that nothing is connected. I even switched monitor plugs and both of them get recognised if pluged to the RGB port but which ever is on DVI wont power on.

Now if I could get the 7300gt working that would be perfect.

BTW I have access to a Power Mac G5 with AGP ATI 9650 card in it so if any data is needed from it I could probably supply it if told how :)

Tried to use natit_edited to get full support for 1900GT. Card is recognised

as Radeon1900XT, res change is working, even the DVI is working..

BUT NO QE and CI

I editet the ATIRadeonX1000.kext and changed the ID Device {0x724b}, no luck.

ATI Alopias extensions is loaded, but ATIRadeonX1000.kext not.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am using JaS 10.4.8. with semthex kernel, updating kernel doesnt work.

There must be something wrong with editing the ATIRadeon kext. Any advice welcome.

NeoPheus installer gives blue screen after boot, :(

Problem solved, my fault. I put only ID Device in the string, it has to be ID Device and Vendor ID together as one string.

For my 1900gt it is 0x724b1002.

So now the 1900gt is 99% supported using natit_edit. Both DVI works, extended desktop works, full acceleration.

Detect display loose signal.

Hello everyone! I would like to share that I finally succeeded in getting my Gfx card to work... in DUAL!

Please see my Graphics/Display profile below:

-------------------------------------------

GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 7600 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

L1710S:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

L1710S:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

And here's my system specs:

Asus P5LD2-VM SE Intel 945G (built-in 8-ch HD ALC 882 snd, Intel Gb LAN & GMA 950 Gfx)

Intel Pentium D 830+ (which i plan to upgrade to Core 2 Duo when i get some cash)

2GB GEIL PC2-4300 533MHz

Leadtek WinFast PX 7600 GS TDH (PCIe) - DUAL DVI

2 LG Flatron L1710S (a bit old but i'm satisfied with them)

Here's what i did:

Clean install from Mac OS X 10.4.7 Jas DVD

Official Update 10.4.8 via Software Update from Apple (All 4 available updates selected)

After the update: I DID NOT reboot/restart until i:

replaced the kernel to VITALY kernel (mifki) for Intel NX & SS3 CPU (Version 8.8.1: Sun Oct 29 01:33:16 MSD 2006; vit:xnu-792.13.8/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386) which i got from here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32025

also replaced the AppleSMBIOS.kext which can be obtained from here:

http://paulicat.freeflux.net/

and followed the step by step guide by paulicat (i did not replace the original IOATAFamily.kext)

Reboot/Restart. (i noticed my system restarted twice before getting to the desktop).

Installed the 'Natit_1.0.pkg' which i obtained by following the link from here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...32004&st=40

after that i replaced the 'Natit.kext' in my /System/Library/Extensions folder

with the one from this thread: (Natit_Dual_v0[1].02.zip)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32536&st=0

Of course, i did the usual thing before restarting:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 Natit.kext

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Reboot/Restart. Both screens would go black/dead for a while and after that, VIOLA! DUAL screens!

I didn't do editing of kext's and that's basically it!

CONS: Enabling the 'Mirror Display' option in System Preferences would leave the main display with just the mouse cursor. Everything's gone black except the secondary display.

Here's my monitor config:

DVI > VGA Adaptor > LCD Monitor (L1710S) - Primary

DVI > VGA Adaptor > LCD Monitor (L1710S) - Secondary

Sorry if i already gave too much info especially the links i provided above (is this allowed?). I have noticed some members in this forum are hesitant to give more information especially the links of where did they get this one... and that. Of course, i also spent sleepless nights researching through this forum before getting my system up and running. At some point, i almost gave up but then also almost everyday i read some success story from other members but were not too eager to share it or that they simply forgot on how did they do it. But thanks to them anyway, they did give me reason to continue.

BTW, my previous Gfx card (WinFast Geforce 6600 LE) didn't work for me. I did all possible solutions:

Natit_1.0.pkg, Natit_Uni1.0.pkg, Natit_ATIauto.pkg, Natit_edited.kext, Natit_Dual.01, Natit_Dual.02 and other things including editing the kext's. i almost pulled my hair off! Didn't work! no DUAL screens. But CI/QE worked in either combinations. (i got used to DUAL display since the matrox-twinhead days).

As you may also have noticed there are lot of members in this forum have some problem with just at least the CI/QE running.

I hope the above links and guides will be of some help to those members.

Special thanks to:

dm_webd

NeoPheus

bofors

gaucho

and also to:

Rammjet

Takuro and the rest...

And especially to:

semthex

Vitaly (mifki)

paulicat

and of course to:

np_ - (pls continue in what you are doing)

omni?

And all the guys who are involved in Natit & Titan project.

You guys are genius! keep up the good work! :2cents:

You can count on me with those 'Donate' buttons soon. ;)

Sorry with my English. It's not my everyday language.

koaxial