Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Updating my website right now...

Should be finished in 10 minutes!

Natit_Uni_1.0 will be there... NO new version yet...

Maybe a mobility version will come in the next days!

Edit: Website is up now!

On your website there is mention that there will be a new installer. Any chance that the installer will extend the support to newer chips like RV570 which is the basis for the x1950 pro which I have?

The ATIRadeonx1000.ketx is obviously compatible with the R580. That the previous x1900 GT works is because it is basically an R580.

I admire your work and what Omni and others like dm_webd have done with Titan and Natit and my question is also to what amount do you modify the kexts. Do you for instance also hexedit the binary kmod which is inside of the kext and are other kexts like natit and Titan made with Xcode?

Hi, long time not read!

Natit is the first installer working with no probs on my system.

Asus A8V Deluxe - Sapphire X1600 256MB AGP.

How to fix to get the gfx-card recognized as AGP?

Second prob:

I got an Apple Studio Display 21". This monitor got NO OnScreenDisplay.

If it is recognized the monitor control panel has special features for this mon.

The control panel doesn´t work anymore since 10.4.8 with natit... Any idea?

Thanks alot, rgrds.

ive got a Geforce Go 7600 on my vaio.

i put in the nvidiaefi.kext and did the operations to make it work.

it found my lcd monitor but then i got a bunch diskarb errors

any ideas??

Edited by buhgock

Can confirm that Gainward 7600GT SilentFX works in dual (DVI+DVI(with VGA dongle)) with Natit_dual_0.02.

Hmm... TV-out seems to be about as active as John Lennon is now-adays though. Too bad, that's why I got this card in the first place. ;)

Have you tried starting it with just the s-video connected. I find s-video dodgy with the dual kext, use the standard one if you don't need dual displays.

Great I got my Acer 5671 laptop ( x1600 ) screen working + res + qe/ci + everything with natit_dual on jas 10.4.6 dvd + 10.4.5 IONDRV kext and opengl framework ^_^

I had to set the edid twice in natit and it's strange but i can't get il all working when i'm booting with just the batterry or i have to boot with -x but no more qe/ci ;)

Edited by hellhand

BFG Tech 6800GT AGP 256MB working with QE/CI, but no dual monitors, I only get video through the VGA port, which is basically the only thing holding me back from using OS X fulltime now. If anyone can help me with getting it working, that would kick ass.

System profiler info

nVidia GeForce 6800 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 6800 GT

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0045

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

ULTRASCANP990:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I really appreciate any help!

Ok. I have a dumb question...how do you all get your Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 7900GS or other cards to show up here?

Mine says "unknown nVidia"

Which version of Natit are you using, or are you using Titan?

Did you do anything other than just apply the patch, or did you have to edit anything?

I have a PNY 7900GS.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Thanks!

/mdg

Hello,

I have tried a lot of different fixes to my graphics card (specs in my signature...). The mobility x1400 seems to be one of the most problematic, but with different fixes I was able to get QE/CI working. Also with another app I got Quartz 2D enabled.

The problem now are the displays... I've got no resolution change, and cannot detect an external display. I'll keep learning and reading this forum.

What I wanted to know is why exactly (technical reason) can't we change resolution under OSX except from forcing it in the kernel flags at boot time?

Thank you, and thanks to all for your hard work :tomato:

Just thought I'd post that the PowerColor X1600 Pro (AGP, 256MB, DVI and VGA outputs) doesn't work w/ the Natit from Neopheus' 1.0 version of Natit_Uni, at least w/ beta 9 of Semthex's 8.8.1 kernel in legacy (sse2) mode. Here is the output from Natit before the panic (monitor hooked to dvi output here, output is different if i'm on vga (still panic though)):

Natit: Starting.

device-id: 0x71CD

Natit: Found device

Natit: Found device name

device-id: 0x71Ed

Natit: Found device

Natit: Found device name

Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,WormyParent

Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display

Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,Wormy

Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,WormyParent

Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display

Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,Wormy

<kernel panic>

If a Natit dev is interested in the problem I can send the kernel panic or any dumps that help. I bought the card on a whim to try it out, I'll return it for another later this week. Keep up the good work, I've seen some nice success stories!

I'm trying to get the Natit_Uni installer to work on my ATI X1300 Pro with an AMD Mobile XP (SSE2) using the new Jas 10.4.8 Intel Amd SSE2 SSE3 with Semthex kernel 8.8.1 Beta 9 DVD, But have had no luck getting it to work. After installing and rebooting the screen turns black and my LG LCD monitor flashes a power saving mode message across the screen.

I've been reading loads over the past few days so forgive me if im a little jumbled. I read that agpgart.kext maybe the culprit but i searched in /System/Library/Extensions and found nothing. The video help section also suggested that I update the 8.8.1 kernel but i believe the one i am using is the latest. Currently, Upon a clean install I have both QE/CI enabled and working but I'm stuck at 1024x768 and can't change resoloutions. I'm also experiencing terrible mouse tearing.

I've also tried using the Natit Kextensions in dm_webb's thread, Specifically the Natit_auto.kext. It has no effect but I could be doing it wrong since I have no experience with Unix or OSX. I drop the kext into /System/Library/Extensions (Enter Password) delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache and then run repair permissions. Reboot and Nada - no change.

It's been four days now with two reinstalls. If not a step by step guide, could someone point me in the right direction as to how to install the Natit_Auto.kext manually ??

Thanks and keep up the good work - I get closer to OSX setup everyday.

System Profiler:

Bus: PCIe

Vram: 256

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7142

Revision ID: 0x0000

Need some help here. I´ve download Natit and after opening it to try find what the hell is going wrong with my installation i´ve manage to find this line on the kext:

<key>name</key>

<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>

</dict>

<key>0x034C</key>

<dict>

That to my simple know how gotta reference to my card, at least i supose so, nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700, but when i open System Profiler the reference is:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0348

Could it be that Natit gotta a wrong reference to my card, and many others, or is simply system prof, that makes a wrong info??? Any one??

Edited by nody

Need some help here. I´ve download Natit and after opening it to try find what the hell is going wrong with my installation i´ve manage to find this line on the kext:

<key>name</key>

<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>

</dict>

<key>0x034C</key>

<dict>

That to my simple know how gotta reference to my card, at least i supose so, nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700, but when i open System Profiler the reference is:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0348

Could it be that Natit gotta a wrong reference to my card, and many others, or is simply system prof, that makes a wrong info??? Any one??

Natit must be told the dev ID of your card, so substitute in the kext the value "0x034C" with "0x0348", repair permissions and reboot.

Be aware, however, that in this way things may go even worse, in the sense that you may end up with a black (or garbled) screen at boot. Do this only if you know how to boot with -s option and to delete the kext (and the kextcache files) from command the line.

Regards

Installed Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip ... and everything loaded fine, and was QE/CI supported, except one big problem - width and high was changed with each other places. Imagine - in system preferences under display properties I got: 480 x 640 and so on... and such a display is showing - like slim... because in Europe we have width x hight. But in system preferences resolution is high x width. I even cant see mouse pointer, so slim is display... I could change those numbers places by myself only I dont know in wich file they are written.

Installed Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip ... and everything loaded fine, and was QE/CI supported, except one big problem - width and high was changed with each other places. Imagine - in system preferences under display properties I got: 480 x 640 and so on... and such a display is showing - like slim... because in Europe we have width x hight. But in system preferences resolution is high x width. I even cant see mouse pointer, so slim is display... I could change those numbers places by myself only I dont know in wich file they are written.

i had the same problem, it was easy to solve.

I just hit detect displays and it was normal again.

This is on a 22" apple cinema display and a geforce 7600GT.