379 posts in this topic

Anyone else running in CPU fault issues with using latest Lilu on 10.12.3 beta 4? Only way I could boot on MSI Z170A PC Mate with i7 6700 was to remove Lilu.

Booting normal here on a Z270 w/ 6700K & Lilu 1.2.1

On my Desktop (in sig) I have 10.13.1 installed and trying to install latest beta 4? I am getting OSInstall.mpkg error. I have removed EmuVariableUefi and nvram.plist but error still occurs. Latest kexts including trying Rehabman's fakesmc and Slice's 3.50.

Any assistance appreciated.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi SavageAUS

I have had same problem in apfs disk

I can't solve it for now

I did an update on a mechanical drive (HFS+) and all went fine at first try

In apfs disk no way (I have done many tries and no one is working for me)

On my Desktop (in sig) I have 10.13.1 installed and trying to install latest beta 4? I am getting OSInstall.mpkg error. I have removed EmuVariableUefi and nvram.plist but error still occurs. Latest kexts including trying Rehabman's fakesmc and Slice's 3.50.
TIA

TIA

i think it is related with 960 nvidia card

TIA

If you have osinstall error once, remove update data in root. Then download beta4 from appstore again.

B.I issue. Increase delay value than 16sec in bootargs

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Not working for me..I did it 5 times...

Problem was apfs in this beta

On a mechanical drive all went fine at first try for me

If you have osinstall error once, remove update data in root. Then download beta4 from appstore again.

B.I issue. Increase delay value than 16sec in bootargs

Not working for me..I did it 5 times...

Problem was apfs in this beta

On a mechanical drive all went fine at first try for me

To resolve this issue, we have discussed it since DP1.

I don't know new way or new issue.

In this case, Its not include for me. I don't have update issue.

I have to investigate more

I have tried to update an apfs drive from 10.13.1

and in this case it is failing with OSINSTALL mpkg error

In a drive with hfs+ with beta 3 installed update went fine at first try

i think it is related with 960 nvidia card

With my 960 I've never had such problems. I have done all the updates without any error during the installation in apfs. From what I read, the firmware values ​​on the smbios are important. The only stress for me is that from 13.2 betas I can not get acceleration in the graph, but I think it will be solved with new web driver dedicated to 13.2
  • Like 1

hmm searching for that apfs boot prefpane you posted I came across an apple doc with a nvram variable. it does not explain much about it or what it means by "devices" but sounds interesting since uefi has many option roms in bios like graphics and raid if applicable

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202796

sudo nvram enable-legacy-orom-behavior=1

I have never had any of this in mine, just as I have never had any problems reported here, in the installation/updates in apfs mode

This is not problem. That is new on real mac. Im on 10.13.1 on my hackintosh and I just ask do have somebody that on hack ?

Sent from my A5 2017 using Tapatalk

I think thats comes from dosdude1 Installer Old Mac :D

chris1111 I have a last Mac mini this is not old mac.

This is not problem. That is new on real mac. Im on 10.13.1 on my hackintosh and I just ask do have somebody that on hack ?

I understood your question and answered accordingly. I've never had this item. As for the problems, I referred to the ones described here by some users, namely in the installations/updates in apfs mode...

chris1111 I have a last Mac mini this is not old mac.

Ok sorry thats not a dosdude1 prefpane  :P

• Like 1

TIA

I have had the same problem installing 10.13.2.  That is what prompted me to start using Pike R. Alpha's update script.  I have not been able to download and install an update with the script but here's what works for me:

1.  Download the update from the App Store. 

2.  Copy the update folder from Library/Updates (for 10.13.2 beta 4, that should be 091-48217) to someplace safe, such as your desktop or download folder.

3. Copy the update folder to private/tmp.

4. Run the attached script in Terminal - type "sudo bash" without the quotes and then drag the script to your terminal window.  Hit Enter.  Type your admin password. Hit Enter.

5. Select the drive you want to install the update to.  It will start to download the files and find that they are already there and skip the downloads and start building the installer.pkg.  It will then run the installer.  The process takes about 20 mins. on an SSD.

6. Sometimes, the installer will say that it failed.  It doesn't matter.  Close the Terminal window and reboot.  You should get the desktop momentarily and then it will go to a gray window with a spinning wheel and, after a minute or two, say that your Mac is being set up.  it will then go to the desktop and you will have the new installation.

When I have installed in this manner, my Safari does not work but other browsers do.  I have fixed this problem by forcing a rebuild of my dyld_shared_caches.  I suspect that this problem is not related to the update and you will not likely have this issue.

Here's the script as I have modified it for 10.13.2 beta 4:

EDIT:  I found a couple errors in my modified Pike R. Alpha Update script.  Now, it should download correctly, create an installer and run the update correctly (I hope):

installScript_10.13.2_091-48217.sh.zip

Good luck

• Like 1