379 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

i can see it in the seed program, but it wont load within AppStore Update pane.

Same. With the 10.13 betas I usually got them +- 2 hours after their release

Guest ricoc90

I guess we have to download the full installer again

I thought the same but I can't find it. The usual AppStore link brings you to the 10.13.1 beta and throws an error when I want to download it

I guess we have to download the full installer again

No, cause stated on the seed program for bet3:

"Run the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility to download the latest macOS 10.13 beta. As new macOS betas become available you will receive a notification and can install them from the Updates pane in the Mac App Store."

Guest ricoc90

No, cause stated on the seed program for bet3:

"Run the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility to download the latest macOS 10.13 beta. As new macOS betas become available you will receive a notification and can install them from the Updates pane in the Mac App Store."

I can't remember which update it was exactly, but a couple of weeks ago you'd need to download the full installer since the update wasn't available from the updates pane.

I think I have figured out how to configure Pike R. Alpha's install seed script.  Here's the one I am using now to download version 091-46288 (i.e., Build 17C76a).  If you try it out, let me know if it worked for you.  I'm not sure if the installer will be able to read 091-46288.English.dat.  (if it doesn't, you can download it from the Apple URL contained in the script and re-run the script with the new file in the folder created by the script.

installScript_10.13.2_091-46288.sh.zip

Guest ricoc90

I think I have figured out how to configure Pike R. Alpha's install seed script.  Here's the one I am using now to download version 091-46288 (i.e., Build 17C76a).  If you try it out, let me know if it worked for you.  I'm not sure if the installer will be able to read 091-46288.English.dat.  (if it doesn't, you can download it from the Apple URL contained in the script and re-run the script with the new file in the folder created by the script.

attachicon.gifinstallScript_10.13.2_091-46288.sh.zip

Still downloading, but seems that it's working. Thanks dude

However, instead of downloading the full installer, could we just download the updatecombo package instead? 

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/60/08/091-46288/ihpwwq6153c4gz9kk4qjcptg3uj2hu4vi3/macOSUpdCombo10.13.2.pkg

Still downloading, but seems that it's working. Thanks dude

However, instead of downloading the full installer, could we just download the updatecombo package? 

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/60/08/091-46288/ihpwwq6153c4gz9kk4qjcptg3uj2hu4vi3/macOSUpdCombo10.13.2.pkg

I recall trying to do that on a prior version and it wouldn't install by itself.  You can try it and let me know.  I'm downloading the whole thing now and am only part-way done with the combo update file, which is 1.434 GB.  I think that's smaller than most combo update files we get from the App Store.

Guest ricoc90

I recall trying to do that on a prior version and it wouldn't install by itself.  You can try it and let me know.  I'm downloading the whole thing now and am only part-way done with the combo update file, which is 1.434 GB.  I think that's smaller than most combo update files we get from the App Store.

It fails indeed

Guest ricoc90

Ah, just received the update now too. 

mnfesq: Downloading the installer through the script went fine, however it wouldn't let me install it (/ is locked)

Ah, just received the update now too. 

mnfesq: Downloading the installer through the script went fine, however it wouldn't let me install it (/ is locked)

Was an installer.pkg created?  If you make a copy of that before you reboot, you can try using it again.  I'm still downloading so I'll see if I encounter the same problem as you.  Thanks for trying it out.

EDIT:  I got the same error as you.  It turns out that it is related to this particular update.  For whatever reason, the error you got is the one that is mentioned in the script and can be fixed by changing the system version plist in CoreServices.  I put in version 17A365, which is the final version of 10.13.1 and the installer worked.  I'm not sure how to get around that because the script just contains a comment to to change the system version and not a way to change it in the script itself.