379 posts in this topic

10.13.2 working here with latest lilu and what ever green. My 4k ultrawide speakers work now i was surprised!! 

Be cautious because the latest Lilu, AppleALC, & WhateverGreen had broken my Z87 hackintosh's Wake-up from Sleep solution and caused black screen again !

Rollback to previous version solved it now.

However, no such a problem in P6TSE hackintosh.

It dependents upon different MB & CPU/chipset, etc.

Update to 10.13.2 beta 4 again without any problem. As soft as drinking a gin...

At the end, just have to choose between black screen or without driver and without acceleration. Of course I opt for the second one

hi,,apfs.efi shoule be updated?

• Like 1

I have had the same problem installing 10.13.2.  That is what prompted me to start using Pike R. Alpha's update script.  I have not been able to download and install an update with the script but here's what works for me:

1.  Download the update from the App Store. 

2.  Copy the update folder from Library/Updates (for 10.13.2 beta 4, that should be 091-48217) to someplace safe, such as your desktop or download folder.

3. Copy the update folder to private/tmp.

4. Run the attached script in Terminal - type "sudo bash" without the quotes and then drag the script to your terminal window.  Hit Enter.  Type your admin password. Hit Enter.

5. Select the drive you want to install the update to.  It will start to download the files and find that they are already there and skip the downloads and start building the installer.pkg.  It will then run the installer.  The process takes about 20 mins. on an SSD.

6. Sometimes, the installer will say that it failed.  It doesn't matter.  Close the Terminal window and reboot.  You should get the desktop momentarily and then it will go to a gray window with a spinning wheel and, after a minute or two, say that your Mac is being set up.  it will then go to the desktop and you will have the new installation.

When I have installed in this manner, my Safari does not work but other browsers do.  I have fixed this problem by forcing a rebuild of my dyld_shared_caches.  I suspect that this problem is not related to the update and you will not likely have this issue.

Here's the script as I have modified it for 10.13.2 beta 4:

attachicon.gifinstallScript_10.13.2_091-48217.sh.zip

EDIT:  I found a couple errors in my modified Pike R. Alpha Update script.  Now, it should download correctly, create an installer and run the update correctly (I hope):

attachicon.gifinstallScript_10.13.2_091-48217.sh.zip

Good luck

Im finally getting around to running the script, i'm letting the script do the downloads so i'll let you know how i go. Going to take a while as i'm only downloading at ~350k  :wallbash:

Im finally getting around to running the script, i'm letting the script do the downloads so i'll let you know how i go. Going to take a while as i'm only downloading at ~350k  :wallbash:

Just know that, like the update folder in Library/Updates that is deleted upon reboot when updating from the App Store, the folder in Private/tmp will be deleted upon reboot.  If you want to save that folder to avoid having to download again for any reason, copy it and save it to a safe place.

• Like 1

Just know that, like the update folder in Library/Updates that is deleted upon reboot when updating from the App Store, the folder in Private/tmp will be deleted upon reboot.  If you want to save that folder to avoid having to download again for any reason, copy it and save it to a safe place.

Yeah its all good, the update went without a hitch. The script downloaded the necessary files and installed them, yes i had the error from script but after a reboot all was good. Prior to updating i did remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and i used NvWeb_Patcher for GTX 960 so after reboot everything was working. I did have a little issue with safari stalling when loading pages but i used NVRAM, Kext Cache, PrelinkedKernel Cleanup v.1.0.2 then rebooted again and it works.

@xtddd use the script and instructions provided by @mnfesq.

post-1083558-0-46341600-1511074813_thumb.png

post-1083558-0-37284900-1511074827_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah its all good, the update went without a hitch. The script downloaded the necessary files and installed them, yes i had the error from script but after a reboot all was good. Prior to updating i did remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and i used NvWeb_Patcher for GTX 960 so after reboot everything was working. I did have a little issue with safari stalling when loading pages but i used NVRAM, Kext Cache, PrelinkedKernel Cleanup v.1.0.2 then rebooted again and it works.

@xtddd use the script and instructions provided by @mnfesq.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-19 at 5.24.12 pm.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-19 at 5.25.01 pm.jpg

Do you have a rc script?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

@all

how many MB is this folder for you?

macOS Install Data

For me only 247 mb...

Thank you

I have forgotten this step

deleting only EmuVariableUefi-64.efi helped me and Updated installed fine in apfs formatted ssd

@SavageAUS  EmuVariableUefi-64.efi caused this OSInstall.mpkg error?

I don't believe I ever installed them from clover. If I did what and where would it be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

do you have a nvram.plist in EFI partition?

i have a idea that can update without process to removed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. i need to gather infomation

• Like 1

do you have a nvram.plist in EFI partition?

i have a idea that can update without process to removed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. i need to gather infomation

Ah, I used to have that but deleted it before first attempting the beta update but it never came back and was not present when I ran the script. I'll reboot in a minute and check EFI.

• Like 1

Ah, I used to have that but deleted it before first attempting the beta update but it never came back and was not present when I ran the script. I'll reboot in a minute and check EFI.

I think reset nvram will help you.

In future, When update beta5 or new, i want your nvram.plist file. Then I can research osinstall.mpkg error why this issue happen.

I will wait

• Like 1

I think reset nvram will help you.

In future, When update beta5 or new, i want your nvram.plist file. Then I can research osinstall.mpkg error why this issue happen.

I will wait

I'll try a nvram reset on beta 5 if i receive the OSInstall error.

Definitely do not have nvram.plist in EFI.

Not sure if it makes a difference but my CLOVER bootable EFI is on my Sierra SSD and High Sierra is on another SSD with nothing in EFI.

I'll try a nvram reset on beta 5 if i receive the OSInstall error.

Definitely do not have nvram.plist in EFI.

Not sure if it makes a difference but my CLOVER bootable EFI is on my Sierra SSD and High Sierra is on another SSD with nothing in EFI.

After reset nvram, did you try restart? It means that

Press f11 key, press r key. Then enter update disk.

Edit1. Can you upload nvram.plist now?

After reset nvram, did you try restart? It means that

Press f11 key, press r key. Then enter update disk.

Edit1. Can you upload nvram.plist now?

I have no nvram.plist to upload sorry.

F11 at clover gui?

I have no nvram.plist to upload sorry.

F11 at clover gui?

I don't know your system setting.

1. EmuvariableUEFI + rc script?

2. Only EmulvariableUEFI?

If you have rc script, when reboot, rc script make nvram.plist in EFI. Also what is your graphic? With web driver?

I don't know your system setting.

1. EmuvariableUEFI + rc script?

2. Only EmulvariableUEFI?

If you have rc script, when reboot, rc script make nvram.plist in EFI. Also what is your graphic? With web driver?

Only EmuVariableUefi no rc script.

GTX960 with webdriver.

Multiple reboots and no nvram.plist.

post-1083558-0-28381800-1511087941_thumb.png

EDIT: @Sherlocks

Booting into Sierra then rebooting into High Sierra created a nvram.plist.

nvram.plist.zip

• Like 1

Only EmuVariableUefi no rc script.

GTX960 with webdriver.

Multiple reboots and no nvram.plist.

Okay. EmulvariableUEFI makes some nvram keys for features. Webnvda also is include it. Maybe some of these keys maybe causes osinstall.mpkg error

hi,,apfs.efi shoule be updated?

I have updated apfs.efi always before running the update and the system restarts automatically. But I still have not realized if it's really necessary.

About emuvariable64 I do not use it, either before or after installation. And yes, during installation it is not convenient to use, to avoid reboot loops and other things!

@savageAUS

It's strange, I do the same procedure and I use the same method as you when installing the web driver and in 13.2 betas I only get black screen on my 960. The only difference seems to be in the use of Emuvariable. I do not use it, but I have to test with Emu and install the web driver again and if it does not work, then maybe make a clean install. There are already many updates upon updates ?

Here u go:

Please give a feedback how to work on hackintosh.

I have it installed and I even reboot on my Main Disk

I have not seen any problem, it seems to work
Thank you  :wink_anim:

captu100.png

captur99.png
I also personalize the icons 
here the icons SSD

icons.zip

• Like 3