379 posts in this topic

hello. i'm gathering information to fix OSinstall.mpkg error when using EmuVariableUefi.

seems laptop is no problem about OSinsatll.mpkg error with EmuVariableUefi. i checked it. if your laptop with EmuVariableUefi has OSinsatll.mpkg error, tell me.

desktop user usually has OSinsatll.mpkg error when update.

The common thing I have found is that users with nvidia graphics seem to have these symptoms.

not sure. i don't have many info to fix this issue.

if you have a OSinsatll.mpkg error when update, please report

EmuVariableUefi :

RC SCRPIT :

ATI/NVIDIA :

Desktop/Laptop :

My last updates since 10.13 until now, were all made without Emu and RC Scripts and always with the last official version of Clover. I never had this error during the updates, in fact, I do not interfere in anything during the process...

Was not it supposed to have released a new beta this week?

My last updates since 10.13 until now, were all made without Emu and RC Scripts and always with the last official version of Clover. I never had this error during the updates, in fact, I do not interfere in anything during the process...

Was not it supposed to have released a new beta this week?

maybe.. now, don't you have EmuVariableUefi? i saw some info, to use nvidia web driver, have to rc script? is it right?

This is a bit confusing. Can you tell me what the exact process is when update?

on your system, did you always have this ?

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

i'm suspecting your system.
1. there are no EmuVariableUefi/rc script.
2. always use NvidiaWeb without boot-arg=nvda_drv=1

is it right?

please type nvram -p again without EmuVariableUefi/rc script.
and attache result with clover log
  • Like 1

I can select the webdriver in the NVidia driver manager app. The radio boxes are just disabled.

Any idea how to activate the drivers for 17c79a?

/edit was able to fix it by modifying /Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

maybe.. now, don't you have EmuVariableUefi? i saw some info, to use nvidia web driver, have to rc script? is it right?

This is a bit confusing. Can you tell me what the exact process is when update?

on your system, did you always have this ?

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

</dict>

i'm suspecting your system.

1. there are no EmuVariableUefi/rc script.

2. always use NvidiaWeb without boot-arg=nvda_drv=1

is it right?

please type nvram -p again without EmuVariableUefi/rc script.

and attache result with clover log

Since the beginning of the Sierra I do not use Emu nor RC Scripts in Clover and my Nvidia GTX always worked perfectly, up to 13.1 SU. I removed Emu so I did not have any problems during the updates, like reboots loops and in fact I never had any problems until the last 10.13.2 beta 4. The updates run autonomously and without stress. My only problem is that from 13.2 beta, (and already tested with or without Emu and RC Scripts the result is the same), I never had graphical acceleration in GTX. I install the latest Web Driver with no problem, but I only get black screen on any of the three DPort.

I have not changed anything in config.plist or DSDT.

In plist, I have never used nvda_drv = 1, but rather <key> SystemParameters </ key>

<dict>

<key> NvidiaWeb </ key>

<true />

</ dict>

and as i said, no use of Emu and RC during and after updates because of the tests I've done, I do not seem to need it. These prints were made before rebuilding the permitions. After I do it and reboot, I suppose the startupweb loads, but I only get black screen and the result is the same with or without Emu or RC Scripts.

post-1313347-0-54648300-1511800636_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-96623900-1511800660_thumb.png

Since the beginning of the Sierra I do not use Emu nor RC Scripts in Clover and my Nvidia GTX always worked perfectly, up to 13.1 SU. I removed Emu so I did not have any problems during the updates, like reboots loops and in fact I never had any problems until the last 10.13.2 beta 4. The updates run autonomously and without stress. My only problem is that from 13.2 beta, (and already tested with or without Emu and RC Scripts the result is the same), I never had graphical acceleration in GTX. I install the latest Web Driver with no problem, but I only get black screen on any of the three DPort.

In plist, I have never used nvda_drv = 1, but rather <key> SystemParameters </ key>

<dict>

<key> NvidiaWeb </ key>

<true />

</ dict>

and as i said, no use of Emu and RC during and after updates because of the tests I've done, I do not seem to need it.

NvidiaWeb key occupy one of nvram parts. can you upload clover log and nvram -p in terminal to surely check your system's nvram?
i think your system support some nvram part.
  • Like 1

NvidiaWeb key occupy one of nvram parts. can you upload clover log and nvram -p in terminal to surely check your system's nvram?

i think your system support some nvram part.

As soon as I can, I'm no longer on the pc.

Yes but as I edited above, with or without Emu and Scripts the result has been the same!

I never had graphical acceleration in GTX. I install the latest Web Driver with no problem, but I only get black screen on any of the three DPort.

Hi Fergarth, have you tried my advice to try to change resolution with ResXtreme?

Some users have your same problem with a 4K monitor (or TV)

Selectimg a 8 bit resolution you should not have black screen using same method you use to patch policy if your smbios need of it.

Hi Fergarth, have you tried my advice to try to change resolution with ResXtreme?

Some users have your same problem with a 4K monitor (or TV)

Selectimg a 8 bit resolution you should not have black screen using same method you use to patch policy if your smbios need of it.

Yes I tried, but only have a resolution available. If I remember it was 1280×1024 or something like that...

I believe that with new web driver this problem will be solved.

In that condition acceleration was present?

Yes I tried, but only have a resolution available. If I remember it was 1280×1024 or something like that...
I believe that with new web driver this problem will be solved.

you should see like this with all compatible resolution for your monitor...

tomorrow I will attach a 4k monitor..I hope to be more lucky! :-)

some time if I use some clover rev and I do some exclusion with kext majement driver is there but system starts like you can see in attachment..but in that case my "About This Mac" says VGA8Mb

your case seems also different from this

post-468967-0-35488300-1511802987_thumb.png

post-468967-0-13061500-1511803213_thumb.png

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-11012017/

For those of us who use ATI the title of this post is quite misleading and apart from half a dozen answers we do not get anything out

confused on your statement, that link is all about Nvidia, nothing about AMD/ATI. 

• Like 4

Hi Sherlocks

How would you like I proceed to update @ beta 5 for your bug solving solution?

Thank you

good for report. if apple release beta 5 or anything, please don't update.

i want to check some point at that time.

Hi Sherlocks

How would you like I proceed to update @ beta 5 for your bug solving solution?

Thank you

Yet no update right? Can you upload nvram.plist and nvram -p and cloverlog.

Please no update. After check, i will give test build.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

EDIT1.

did you enable nvidiaweb?

EDIT2.

i want result of nvram -p if you don't have emulvariable.