379 posts in this topic

Sorry, It was a mistake. I read again the patch for NVMe (from Piker's blog) and It's only for macOS Sierra. I didn't notice this point. 

So, We will have to wait for a Clover patch to fix the slow boot.

No worries. I might try some of these boot-args he mentions here. Assuming these still work, 'nvme=0x2' might do the trick.

Edit: Tried it, didn't work.

• Like 1

17C67b upgrade went fine. HWP seems to be working again, so that's neat.

iTunes still crashing though. Something about a thread collision.

Try this to fix iTunes crash with SKL: 

Lilu v1.2.1 && Shiki v2.1.1 (credits to: @vit9696).

For boot-arg=

shikigva=16

(FYi I found this workarround, somewhere on this forum but my bad.. I lost the link, sorry) 

Lilu_v1.2.1_Shiki_v2.1.1.zip

• Like 4

Is anyone else having an issue with Safari not loading with 10.13.2?  It seems to be Safari and the App Store that are most noticeably affected.  I also run Safari Technology Preview and it runs fines, as does Firefox and Chrome.  I have had the same problem with both beta versions so far.  I tried booting into Safe Mode and still had the problem so it is not likely a driver causing the problem.  I suspect it may be a framework but I'm not sure which or why.  Any ideas?

Is anyone else having an issue with Safari not loading with 10.13.2?  It seems to be Safari and the App Store that are most noticeably affected.  I also run Safari Technology Preview and it runs fines, as does Firefox and Chrome.  I have had the same problem with both beta versions so far.  I tried booting into Safe Mode and still had the problem so it is not likely a driver causing the problem.  I suspect it may be a framework but I'm not sure which or why.  Any ideas?

I have no issue with Safari since hSierra DP1, but U may try running it with this Terminal command to log what's wrong.. #imho

/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari --v

System Version: macOS 10.13.2 (17C67b)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.3.0

Boot Volume: macOS

Boot Mode: Normal

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Disabled

Time since boot: 2:59

Bootloader: Ozmosis 167X-CPWN

CUDA Driver Version: 9.0.222

GPU Driver Version: 10.27.6 378.10.10.10.20.107

Lilu.kext 1.2.1

AppleALC.kext 1.2.1

NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.1

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

VRAM (Total): 3 GB

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

Displays:

DELL SE2416H:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Model: iMac 14,2

Try this to fix iTunes crash with SKL: 

Lilu v1.2.1 && Shiki v2.1.1 (credits to: @vit9696).

For boot-arg=

shikigva=16

(FYi I found this workarround, somewhere on this forum but my bad.. I lost the link, sorry) 

There is the link: https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/Changelog.md

This is very strange! Unlike some users, I've never had stress installing High Sierra (apfs) and updates. Always by the App Store and without KP or other issues. Until 10.13.1 final, everything is always ok. Now with 10.13.2 beta and beta 2, I can not get decent graphics at all. I've practically tested everything and the result is always the same! The Web Drive is installed without errors, is assumed by the OS but always without acceleration. I'm starting to wonder if my DSDT will not be outdated... but I think I'll wait until I get a new Web Drive and see the result ?

post-1313347-0-07130600-1510238149_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-47912400-1510238157_thumb.png

Can you try to boot without dsdt?

Yesterday i was thinking about your problem and I have had same yout thought about it

:-)

Also you can put a screenshot about Nvidia extension which are loaded in your system?

This is very strange! Unlike some users, I've never had stress installing High Sierra (apfs) and updates. Always by the App Store and without KP or other issues. Until 10.13.1 final, everything is always ok. Now with 10.13.2 beta and beta 2, I can not get decent graphics at all. I've practically tested everything and the result is always the same! The Web Drive is installed without errors, is assumed by the OS but always without acceleration. I'm starting to wonder if my DSDT will not be outdated... but I think I'll wait until I get a new Web Drive and see the result

Hello I'm trying to update to 17C67B (beta). All is ok when I update in AppStore but when the laptop reboot nothing happen. Have you an idea to resolve the problem?

Lenovo x230 (considered like MacBook Pro 13 inches mid 2012)

2,59GHZ Intel Core i5

12GO memory 1600MHZ DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MO

APFS system with apfs.efi in clover

Yesterday i was thinking about your problem and I have had same yout thought about it

Also you can put a screenshot about Nvidia extension which are loaded in your system?

Hi fabio,

I had already thought of that! Sooner I will test without the DSDT. If the graphics work well, I'll have to review it...

Which command do i use to view the nvidia extentions? Kextstat or in About This Mac - Extentions?

I did simply with

about my mac

system report

extension in software tab

there is also a terminal way but I don't remember now :-)

Hi fabio,
I had already thought of that! Sooner I will test without the DSDT. If the graphics work well, I'll have to review it...
Which command do i use to view the nvidia extentions? Kextstat or other?

I have no issue with Safari since hSierra DP1, but U may try running it with this Terminal command to log what's wrong.. #imho

/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari --v

Here's what I get:

objc[850]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x7fffac7cb008) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/EmbeddedOSInstall.framework/Versions/A/EmbeddedOSInstall (0x121e7d748). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Here's what I get:

objc[850]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x7fffac7cb008) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/EmbeddedOSInstall.framework/Versions/A/EmbeddedOSInstall (0x121e7d748). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Does ur hSierra MacHDD have at least 10GB free space? Also try rebuilding dyld_shared_cache (if not caused by 3rd party apps or apple bug; otherwise I have no idea..)

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force
  • Like 1

I finally got past the installer package, the update starts, then reboots ... then I think panic -- even telling clover to not reboot it does it too fast --  So I spend an hour restoring from backup ... I just don't get it. I updated fakeSMC and lilu to 1.21 and this thing still will not boot. Looks like maybe fake smc isn't starting as I see a lot of { and then weird letters ...

I am battling this too (still) -- I removed lilu and even updated it -- after the installer reboots I can't seem to boot into anything OTHER than single user or recovery.

Boot into single-user, run /sbin/fsck -y, don't run /sbin/mount -uw /, then type exit.  It should boot up if you are having the problem I had with Lilu.  The update didn't work for me.

Does ur hSierra MacHDD have at least 10GB free space? Also try rebuilding dyld_shared_cache (if not caused by 3rd party apps or apple bug; otherwise I have no idea..)

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

I have over 140 GB disk space on my SSD so that wasn't an issue.  I rebuilt the dyld_sharing_cache as you suggested and, at first, it didn't do anything.  I was then distracted by a girl and started talking to her for about 20 minutes.  After that, I tried Safari again and, lo and behold, it worked!  I guess I have you and her to thank (unless it was just that I needed to wait for things to work with the update since I used an installer I built using Pike R. Alpha's updater script that I modified for 10.13.2.)  Thanks very much for your help.  I wish I knew for sure what made it work but I'm happy having a fully-working version of 10.13.2.

• Like 1

I cannot get any version of Lilu.kext to run on my laptop. It causes an instant reboot every time I use it no matter what version or where I install it.  However, I only need it to fix the second-stage boot glitch.

Is there a kext patch of IOGraphicsFamily for 10.13?  I jumped on the Lilu bandwagon and abandoned the kext patch.  I think it was not the right decision for me.

I've tried it without DSDT and the result is the same. In fact, my DSDT is fine, the problem has nothing to do with it. I've tried it in all available ways, with and without lilu, nvidia fix, emuvariable... I even switched to another DisplayPort and always the same result. No graphic acceleration, while the rest works fine. I think I'll have to wait for the launch of a new web drive and from what I've read, there are more people having the same problem in macpro6.1 config/GTX...
  • Like 1

running fsck -fy worked !

just kidding :( it does work, but on reboots, or cold boots, I have to run fsck each time. what am I missing?

When you boot into single-user mode, you bypass the call to Lilu+IntelGraphicsFixup between the first and second stages of the boot process.  Deleting these 2 kexts allowed me to boot regularly but I get the second stage boot glitch.  BTW, I usually get a black boot screen but when I use the single-user method, I get the gray one.  [Also, I don't know which kexts you are using with Lilu but it may not just be the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.]

@mnfesq I think you have to compile the latest version, it worked for me.

Or maybe try this one if you havent already.

but anyways, I downgraded back to 10.13 myself, because of the sleep issue with rx480

Lilu 1.2.1 didn't work for me.  

However, I found the 10.13 boot glitch patch here: http://www.jianshu.com/p/a048e0d1d67b. (Talk about the miracles of Google and modern computing.)

Name: IOGraphicsFamily
Comment: 10.13+
Find: 01000075 22
Replace: 010000eb 22
MatchOS: 10.13.x