AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

ok... posting alpha's and beta's in this thread is confusing people, so from now on I will only be posting Release Canidate's here. If you would like to help with testing you can join irc.macspeak.net in channel #ALC88x and wait for a request to test. Currently I am working with ALC883, ALC888, STAC9220 and STAC9223. If you do not have one of these audio chips then my kext's will not work for you and I do not know when I will try to support any other chips, so please do not ask. Thanks...

Skippy

looks like you have alot of out put, do you have more than 2 channels?

IN MY NOTEBOOK ONLY 2 internal speakers.

Also I have found one more problem (or effect):

In QT player change of volime does not influence on regulators of a level in the control panel for all output devices. (see screenshots

post-22422-1165608270_thumb.jpg

post-22422-1165608321_thumb.jpg

post-22422-1165608768_thumb.jpg

Sound card : Sigmatel 9220

Mainboard - Intel D945GNTD

OSx - 10.4.8 - latest beta kernel for sse3 (version 8)

I was try all the version regarding sigmatel on this forum, none work

Finnaly, I have put my hands on ubuntu, and here is the codec dump

At this point I have sound using the patch from JaS dvd, but is comming from the wrong Jack (blue instead of green) and the microphone is unnusable.... the recorded sound is to low .. Maybe someone will help me with this one... Tanks if it will be possible !

Your codec is 9221, not 9220.

seconded!

3rd!

Us AsRockers are soundless :(

ok... posting alpha's and beta's in this thread is confusing people, so from now on I will only be posting Release Canidate's here. If you would like to help with testing you can join irc.macspeak.net in channel #ALC88x and wait for a request to test. Currently I am working with ALC883, ALC888, STAC9220 and STAC9223. If you do not have one of these audio chips then my kext's will not work for you and I do not know when I will try to support any other chips, so please do not ask. Thanks...

Skippy

Hey Skippy,

I have the ALC888 (ICH7), if you need anything, PM me.

**EDIT** Odd, my sound just kicked in after a couple boots. I'll post my method of installing in a bit.

The USB options don't look especially wonderful but I might end going that way, would love to do sound and video editing.

Another Asrock user here - my bad but 4th-ed! Either way, great job you're doing. ;)

How I got my ALC888 ICH7 to work (results may vary)...

Download the Kext attached to this post.

Drag & Drop the Kext into your /Library/Extensions folder.

Open up Terminal.

Enter this line into Terminal (But you're better off copy/pasting):

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext && sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

It'll probably ask you to enter your password, do so.

And then enter this line into Terminal (Copy/Paste):

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Close Terminal.

Make sure you delete both Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext out of your /System/Library folder.

Restart.

And it worked for me on my AsRock board.

CLiDE - modifying the Azalia kext is known to work many times. But you probably only have stereo sound out and no input. This thread is about using the new 10.4.8 AppleHDA.kext to get multichannel sound out (2 or more channels) and sound input.

For the Azalia patch method, see my signature.

CLiDE - modifying the Azalia kext is known to work many times. But you probably only have stereo sound out and no input. This thread is about using the new 10.4.8 AppleHDA.kext to get multichannel sound out (2 or more channels) and sound input.

For the Azalia patch method, see my signature.

There were a few people in this thread who were soundless and had the same audio I do.

I tried your method and it didn't work. Hence me posting my approach.

Dont worry to much :)

I have alc861 and using Appleazalia i can get a output to show up but no sound comes out of the speakers or the jacks.

With AppleHDA i get nothing even after editing all the correct stuff. Can even get an output to be listed

OK... I`m all over... I`m for the first time, in my all life, try to make Windoze out from myComp, i successeed so far... and stuck with sound...

on other HD 250Gb i have

:-( vista rc2 64bit, and on thee other HD 250Gb :-)

MAC OS X 10.4.8. Intel....

I figured out with your help and help of others (sorry for my Eng.) install and graphic and network and USB... aaaaahhhhh... dayssss..... BUT!!! Need Help on

SoundMax Integ. Digit. Aud. ICH7

ADI 1986A

ven ID 11D4

Dev ID 1986

Sub sys 1043818F

Rev_1005

If Any ....... PLEASEeeeeee...>!!!! Help me.... I want mic and soround... Here is my files....

post-59701-1165754017_thumb.jpg

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

Thanks for all the great work so far.

I have tried the last two ALC888 kexts in this thread with my new mobo, but no inputs/outputs are reported. Using Azalia (for now) on my main hackinstall.....

If there is anything I can do to pitch in, I'll try my best. :whistle:

well, not so gud news for sigmatel 9220 users... I have try with skippyretard (in fact skippyretard have done all the work, I have just tested) a lot of combination for making this card getting sound from the corect jack, and so far we are out of luck .. it seem that we are out of luck...... I hope skippyretard to continue to try .. and I to continue to test ...btw, anyway I wish to tank to skippyretard for all the hard work .. don't matter the result (maybe we still we have some luck... but only God knows ...)

Hmm, the Asrock feels rock solid with JAS 10.4.8, would be a shame to jump ship to another motherboard, or go the vmware route which I would think would be annoyingly slow. Perhaps someone will yet get it working. Meantime, what are people doing for sound? I think I read once that the USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External is the way to go? Anyone out there using it? Would it work with mic and line in? It's not the cheapest but I do want good sound and I gather the Audigy one won't work, which considering the much better spec is annoying.

Hmm, the Asrock feels rock solid with JAS 10.4.8, would be a shame to jump ship to another motherboard, or go the vmware route which I would think would be annoyingly slow. Perhaps someone will yet get it working. Meantime, what are people doing for sound? I think I read once that the USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External is the way to go? Anyone out there using it? Would it work with mic and line in? It's not the cheapest but I do want good sound and I gather the Audigy one won't work, which considering the much better spec is annoying.

You can use some cheap yet exceedingly good USB interface such as iMic2 with input and output.

Or if you wanna go luxury-mode you can buy a firewire interface with digital decoding as well..

But tbh I'm rather confident our great researchers will find a way to have inputs and outputs from the 888!

Thank you for imic2.

Sound is vastly important to me as I try and tweak and remaster old tapes of my grandfather and stepfather's orchestral works and then put them onto CD. Macs used to be the way to go, DTP and AV wise but now I'm less sure, and very out of date.

Is there a seperate thread on USB/Firewire sound? I tend ask annoying questions like that because I am limited to dial-up and I multi-task, which slows searches down to a crawl. Broadband is on the list but... it's a distraction to getting any writing done.